Aqua Continental Hotel, Honolulu
Reviews - Aqua Continental Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young & Single
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Historical Traveller Reviews of Aqua Continental Hotel
Worst hotel experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very Friendly Place!from A TripAdvisor Member
Hope this helps anyone who wants an affordable stay in Waikiki.
Aloha, Catherine and Kay
re worth it!from A TripAdvisor Member
We decided we were worth more and left after a grueling 4 nites. Found a place with an oceanview.
perfect layover hotelfrom sallyhess
Okay for the price, but with problemsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good valuefrom aussietraveller31
The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was soft and a little uncomfortable. The bathroom was very small.
The room was cleaned every day - I suggest if you want to sleep in a little you display the "do not disturb" sign, the cleaner starts cleaning about 8am.
The air conditioning in the room was excellant (very quiet)
It would have been good if the hotel had supplied a cleaning cloth and dish washing detergent and dishes for the kitchen sink area.
The hotel is located in an excellant location only a 2 min walk to the beach and on a bus route.
The staff at the hotel were very friendly expecially the girls on reception.
We reported a small plumbing problem and it was attended to and repaired within 15 minutes.
Our overall experience of the hotel was it was great value for money and if we were on a budget again and wanted to stay in Waikiki we would stay again.
Don't be put off by the bad reviews - you get what you pay for - don't expect a fancy hotel for a budget price - excellent value for money.
What a bargain!!from newface
Skip this hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
re on a budget!from A TripAdvisor Member
Very Good Place to Stay Whilst on a Budgetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
My friend had already booked this hotel and I was a little worried after reading other reviews on this site but I was pleasantly surprised.
My room was spacious with 2 single beds (for one person), clean, it had cable TV, the bathroom was a decent size and also very clean.
The staff were divine and helpful, they had a little shop in the lobby where you could book day tours - which we did so.
The hotel is situated two blocks from the beach which is very handy. A little tip, to avoid crowds on the beach, go around 5pm (obviously you can do your day trips during the day), you wont get the harshness of the sun, the beach is practically empty and there are no annoying people on annoying pink lilos' bumping into people and surfers' alike! Believe me, if you've been there before you'll know what I'm talking about!
The particular area of beach that I am talking of is situated in front of the police station/surf kiosk/and the Sheraton Moana Surfrider Hotel, (another tip SMSH has a wonderful bistro and cafe!!).
Friends and I stayed at the Continental for a little over a week and did not want to go home.
I cannot recommend this place enough to anyone wishing to go to Waikiki on a budget. I dont understand the negative remarks that are being stated on this board for this hotel. My friends and I enjoyed our stay, so much so that we are planning to go back in September 2004.
Top Local Tips for Honolulu
Aqua Continental or Continental Surf DO Not stay there !!!! Beware. Parking in not convienent and costs $18.00 per day. Dirty smelling and less than inspection standard. Cockroaches and filth were a major part of this hotel. Not clean, not sanitary. The Lobby looks good but don't be deceived!!!
Shuttles If you need a shuttle for any of your trips around town or to the sirport use Maria's Shuttle Service they were always friendly and on time.
The Bus You can get any where on Oahu on The Bus. Simple...they call it The Bus. And I suggest to see the Society of Seven while you are there....wonderful evening.
Other names for Aqua Continental Hotel
- hotel continental surf
- continental surf honolulu
- continental surf
- aqua continental
- Address: 2426 Kuhio Avenue - Honolulu - Hawaii - 96815 - United States
Hotels Near Aqua Continental Hotel
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii
- Aqua Bamboo Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii
- Royal Grove Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Waikiki Prince Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Ohana East Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Waikiki Resort Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort Spa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Aqua Aloha Surf & Spa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Miramar at Waikiki Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Ohana Waikiki West Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Pacific Beach Hotel at Waikiki Honolulu, Hawaii Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi