The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel
Reviews - The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young & Single
Read 302 additional reviews of The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Atlanta
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel
surprised by reception attitudefrom The_Patient_English
All very confidence inspiring. He then sent me up to a room that smelled of smoke and had two ashtrays in it. When I returned to reception to explain there’d been a mistake he angrily replied “Well the hotel’s very full tonight.”
This response astonished me. I stay in hotels about two nights a week. I conduct and observe focus groups which usually happen in the evenings so I often check in late and get the ‘problem’ room and the sleepy night staff but I usually get at least a cursory “I’m sorry sir”, before they explain the overbooking problem. Significantly the two other receptionists immediately made themselves scarce. In my experience this is the acid test of a hotel’s service culture. Good hotel staff when they realise they have made a mistake try to sort the problem. Great hotel staff even relish the challenge. Poor hotels (including most ‘hip’ hotels which this one aspires to be) try to avoid dealing with it.
After lots of angry typing the guy then found me another room and said if I didn’t like that one either (excuse me?) there was nothing else he could do. It was a perfectly good room so he didn’t need to panic. The bed was nice and snuggly, location excellent, and the fitness centre was good but I'd be wary of returning.
Above Starwood Standardsfrom FLSMARK
It always entertains me to see those "unfrequent" travelers nit picking about every detail. (see review before mine) They expect hotels to lick their toes if they are spending over $150/night.
I highly reccomend the Westin Buckhead.
We had some serious problems here.from hollinsgirl
1. When we checked in, we were put in a smoking room instead of a nonsmoking, as we had requested. It took 20 minutes for them to switch our rooms.
2. I had called the concierge several months ahead and asked them to make manicure and pedicure appointments for us at a spa nearby. The information was in their system when we checked in, but the appointments were never made. Result: no one could accomodate us, so we didn't get the manis/pedis. (Hey, this was supposed to be a "girls' weekend!"
3. I had a raging headache and the hotel staff directed my friend to walk to a Publix five blocks away to get me Advil. We subsequently discovered there was Advil in the gift shop.
4. The toilet never worked quite right in our room and the toilet paper holder was missing its bar.
All of this combined was very disappointing to say the least. When my friend spoke to the manager the next morning, though, all of our room charges were comped and we were given 10,000 Starwood points. Still, I never would have expected this from this hotel. Be warned!
Top Notch Service at Westinfrom Tampa_Law_Guy
The lobby is very airy and open and is decorated exquisitely. Check-in was an absolute breeze and the desk agent was probably one of the friendliest and most helpful people I have encountered at a hotel. As I am a Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, I was upgraded to a corner king-bedded room on the 20th floor, Room 2005. The room was spacious and was tastefully deocrated in soothing earth tones. The bed was extremely comfortable as were the pillows. The seating area was surrounded by windows that gave a beautiful panoramic view of the Atlanta skyline, especially nice in the evenings with the buildings lit. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower. The toiletries were Aveda and were replenished daily.
The housekeeping staff was attentive and thorough. Room service was prompt and the food was pretty good as hotels go. The Palm Restaurant is in the lobby and I would recommend that for all who love steak and have not yet been to one of their locations throughout the US.
The valet staff was excellent. I called down for my car several times over the course of my two-day stay and by the time I made it down the elevator to the motor lobby, my car was already there waiting for me. All the valet staff was extremely friendly, helpful and always asked me if I needed directions to wherever I was going.
The hotel is located adjacent to Lenox and Phipps Malls and just a few blocks from the MARTA Buckhead stop on the North line.
I would highly recommend the Westin Buckhead. They far exceeded my expectations and I will definitely return in the future.
Really loved itfrom PeterOregon
It really was heavenly!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel, comfortable beds, near an upscale mall.from Bigdawg
great staff, facilities and locationfrom 2Jax
Top Local Tips for Atlanta
Take the train everywhere! Traffic is insane!! The Aquarium was AWESOME! The best ever! Go, at least once in your life! Excellent dining everywhere!
Six Flags Over Ga Flash pass, unbelievably great!
watch out for the in-room fridge Indeed, these are space age technology and ridiculous!! I opened the in room fridge which has the 20-second rule, lift and replace within 20 secs or get charged. The fridge was totally full, so seeing that I couldn't put my own drinks in there, I carefully closed the door. On the express bill: refreshments in room x2 (@$3.50).
Other names for The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel
- westin atlanta
- atlanta westin
- Address: 3391 Peachtree Road NE - Atlanta - Georgia - 30326 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Westin Buckhead Atlanta Hotel
- The Mansion on Peachtree Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- W Hotels Atlanta Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- RitzCarlton Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Atlanta Buckhead Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Atlanta Buckhead Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Spring Hill Suites Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hampton Inn Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hyatt Place Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Buckhead Hotel Atlanta, Georgia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi