Alden Beach Resort Hotel, St. Petersburg
Reviews - Alden Beach Resort Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 376 additional reviews of Alden Beach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in St. Petersburg
Historical Traveller Reviews of Alden Beach Resort Hotel
"from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Family Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Would Definitely stay againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great for the familyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A WONDERFUL resort for families!!!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel is CLEAN, the staff are all helpful and friendly, and the location is perfect.
We're going back next year!!!
Alden Resort April 12 - 17 2004from Mr. Mass Traveler
A true excapefrom A TripAdvisor Member
There was a bit of a problem at check in. We were booked in one building with a room facing the ocean, with a full stove, oven and frig. When we arrived they said the room did not have an oven. We were disappointed but took it anyway. The room had a tree blocking the view on one side but we did not really mind. My husband has worked with a nice chain of Hotel for many years. We are spoiled. I was not disappointed in our room at all. It smelled of newness when we went in.
The carpet was very plush and appeared new. The decorations and furniture was in perfect condition. I gave each of the girls a bed and I slept on the pull out sofa. I slept like a baby. I could not tell it was a sofa bed. There was PLENTY of clean towls under the vanity (which was seperated from the bath so you could accomidate three women). There was beach towels furnished daily and sometimes twice a day. We never needed a towel or washcloth. The kitchen was furnished with all matching dishes, silver, and glasses. Extra dishtowels, dishwasher detergent, dish soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and everything you needed was changed daily and there was s stash under the sink and in the cabinetl The beach was nice and we found sandollars by the bucketfull. The grounds were clean and the hot tubs just right. The girls loved the pool. I did laundry there and it was centrally located and very clean and safe. The parking garage was located beside our room and it was covered which helped our car not be so hot. The elevators are fast and there was never a wait. That is a blessing. The front desk was helpful and made adjustments in our bill due to the mix up with the room and the oven. It was our first trip to St. Pete and the hotel made our trip so nice we intend to make St. Pete our next trip to Florida and the Alden will be the only place we would stay.
Very Nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We did not make a mistake this time around. We had a lovely time at the Alden. One poster stated that it was older, yes but all the property in this area is just that. This resort does NOT have the musty smell that you are greeted with often in Florida hotels due to the moisture. The two swimming pools are very nice, the area to park your car is shaded (which is a plus if you own your own vehicle). The little kitchen was very nice full size everything. The rooms were a little small but still well worth the stay. I would visit this location again if we ever stay on St Pete Beach. My love is Clearwater Beach if I had to choose. :)
We love the Aldens!!from A TripAdvisor Member
This is one of the most relaxing and beautiful places I have ever stayed in Florida. The staff is wonderful and every inch of the hotel is kept in perfect condition. The grounds are so tropical and the beach is wonderful! Once you go believe me you will want to go every year!!
Top Local Tips for St. Petersburg
Renting a car We flew into Tampa and rented a car from Avis. This is the absolutely best way to get around while in the Tampa/St. Pete area. We put almost 400 miles on the car and still had gas left. We would highly recommend renting a car if you want to see different things like Busch Gardens, Gulf Boulevard, Ft. De Soto and we also went to a hockey game and a spring training baseball game. We got to see a lot of the west side of Florida and would go back again.
The Pier We went to the Pier on our way out of town, its located in St. Petersburg. Very nice half a day trip. The views are great, fun activities if you are up for it, bike rentals, boat charters, dolphin cruises, even a Pirate Ship boat cruise. They have an area where you can feed the Pelicans, this was one of the highlights for my kids. Definitely check this out.
Travel outside St. Pete Go to Sarasota. PArk de Soto, Prime outlets have good prices
Other names for Alden Beach Resort Hotel
- alden resort
- alden beach resort
- alden beach hotel
- alden beach
- Address: 5900 Gulf Boulevard - St. Petersburg - Florida - 33706 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Alden Beach Resort Hotel
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel and Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Howard Johnson Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sirata Beach Resort and Conference Center Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Dolphin Beach Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Peninsula Inn and Spa Hotel Gulfport, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Bilmar Beach Resort Hotel Treasure Island, Florida Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Wingate Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 15.6 km / 9.7 mi
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Largo, Florida Distance: 18.1 km / 11.3 mi
- TownePlace Suites Saint Petersburg Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.4 km / 11.4 mi
- Candlewood Suites St Petersburg Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.4 km / 11.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.5 km / 11.5 mi
- Residence Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.6 km / 11.5 mi