Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel, St. Pete Beach
Reviews - Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 1734 additional reviews of Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in St. Pete Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel
Absolutely loved the Island Grand!from jett2
They provided us with a crib, highchair and put up a balcony net for the toddlers safety. The pools were clean and very nice and the beach was beautiful! Lots of stuff for kids to do. All the restaurants were good too! Pizza Hut and the ice cream shop were the kids favorites.
Good breakfast buffet at Bermuda's. Great pina coladas!! They have paddleboats through a beautifully landscaped canal, a great kids program, miniature golf and a pirate show. The gift shops were very nice. We got the resort babysitter for a night, can't remember her name, she was the owner of the babysitting company, she was wonderful.
I was hesitant about getting a stranger but after researching and meeting her I was very comfortable. We are going back next year! I recommend this resort to anyone with kids! We also went on a pirate ship cruise on Madeira Beach at Johns Pass, just 10 minutes north, it was really fun for the kids and we saw dolphins!
Better than reviewsfrom JDGuy
Great valuefrom DaDox
not a quiet getawayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great family resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Fantastic Christmas Vacationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Never a dull moment. Never a bad situation. I would definately suggest this to anyone traveling with children. They will never have time to be bored. Thanks for a great holiday. See you next year.
Not a grand resort!from A TripAdvisor Member
conditioner in the rooms. And nothing seemed to be working. Our air-conditioning was broken, the plumbing wasn't functional -- engineering spent more time fixing things than anywhere else. On the positive side, there were many restaurants, so we never got bored. But the hotel did not carry any staples (like the conditioner I needed!).
Would not stay there again.
The Grand is not....from A TripAdvisor Member
I asked if there was a facility that we could use to change into our pool clothes, and was told that there were none available. Shocked, I asked if there was even a restroom that we could use. Again, I was told that we could not use the hotel restrooms for changing, as technically, we were not yet guests. Frustrated, I went to one of the pools, schlepping a small suitcase, diaper bag, and an 18 month old child. I found an accommodating employee, who allowed us to change in the Conch Club kiddie rest room. What a treat! Then, I went in search of a towel, so that when our room did become available, I could dry off before re-entering the hotel. I was told that I could not have a towel. FOR $250 I paid for one night, they couldn't give me a %&*$#@* towel? At exactly 4 PM, I received a call that our room was ready. I asked if I needed to stand (again) in the sizeable line that had amassed out the front door, and was told that yes, I needed to stand in line. Great.
After standing in said line for one and one half hours, I finally got my room key. DO NOT EVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL! It is simply not worth it.
Tradewinds Island Grand is G R E A T!from A TripAdvisor Member
The beach has a bin full of beach toys such as boogie boards, rafts, pails, shovels, and sand castle molds, so you don't have to worry about packing bulky beach stuff.
Another plus for families: there is a take-out Pizza Hut at the resort, and the casual seafood restaurants allow kids to bring in their pizza while their parents have a grown-up dinner.
When you check in, you are given a schedule of activities, which range from poolside contests and games; nightime movies by the pool; and a wide assortments of crafts. Most are free; some have a charge.
The rooms are very clean and spacious, and the staff was very helpful.
The hotel is in walking distance of a number of restaurants, including a revolving rooftop restaurant at the nearby Holiday Inn, which has a spectacular view of both the ocean and harbor. It is also across the street from a very fun mini-golf course (Ruins de El Dorado). Gigi's Italian restaurant is a few blocks away and has really excellent food.
We hope to go back soon!
Great Location!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for St. Pete Beach
From the Tampa airport Use Studio Sedan Services as your to-from limousine shuttle from the Tampa airport. Much is within walking distance and there's a trolley you can ride all day if you want to venture further out. Who needs to with that beach?
A Great stay My experience at the Island Grand Beach Resort was exceptional. From the moment of arrival the service was beyond excellent. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The food in the restaurants(that I went to) was wonderful and the service within the restaurant was excellent. The pools are very clean and attended to. I enjoyed my full week at this resort.
Buy a week pass (or a daily unliimited) We are Nyers. so we rely on public transportation a lot. We bought the daily unlimited passes (3.50) each...and used it to go all over St Pete including the Dail Musuem. Be prepared for the trolley/bus to be off the schedule a bit, but definitely use it if you plan on sightseeing...:)
Other names for Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel
- tradewinds island saint pete beach
- tradewinds island grand beach hotel
- tradewinds island grand
- Address: 5500 Gulf Boulevard - St. Pete Beach - Florida - 33706 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel
- Alden Beach Resort Hotel St. Petersburg, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Sirata Beach Resort and Conference Center Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel and Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Howard Johnson Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Dolphin Beach Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Peninsula Inn and Spa Hotel Gulfport, Florida Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Bilmar Beach Resort Hotel Treasure Island, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Wingate Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 15.8 km / 9.8 mi
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Largo, Florida Distance: 18.4 km / 11.4 mi
- TownePlace Suites Saint Petersburg Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.6 km / 11.6 mi
- Candlewood Suites St Petersburg Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.7 km / 11.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.8 km / 11.7 mi
- Residence Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.8 km / 11.7 mi