Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel, St. Pete Beach
Reviews - Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 596 additional reviews of Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in St. Pete Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
Stinkingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good location - Bugs in the bathroom!from mwcurlee
Small rooms in a great locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The gardens and fountain in the courtyard were beautiful with lots of hibiscus and bird of paradise in bloom. There were two pools in the central courtyard. One was rather small. We had it entirely to ourselves on two occasions, which made the small size a plus. The other pool was larger and usually busy. We swam in it one afternoon, but found the water to be on the dirty side. The skimmer system was not functioning correctly because the pool was too full.
Jimmy B's Beach bar had live music most evenings and was popular with the partying crowd. There was a deck with outdoor seating overlooking the beach. Drinks were kind of expensive, but we never went there during happy hour when there were discounts. There wasn't much of a menu here -- mostly basic burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches. The same menu applied at Players Sports Bar, which is located behind the hotel lobby.
The downside to staying here was the rooms, which were on the small side, not recently updated -- but clean. We didn't use our room much, and the size didn't bother us too much, even though we were four people (two adults and two teenage girls) in the room.
We had the misfortune of being in the area during intermittant Red Tide occurrances. Apparently, this happens occasionally in the area and the beach becomes covered with dead fish -- not very pleasant. If you're planning to visit, check the web for reports on red tide in the area (although it's hard to predict exactly where it will be when.)
Best Western Beachfront Resort,food, attractionsfrom srichmond
Not a bad place, location is keyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Looking for family vacation? Stay away from Best Western Beach Resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Smokers paradisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Smokers will love this place, both the main bar, Players and the Beach Bar specifically allow smoking. They do have non-smoking rooms but you can't take your children to either bar without running the blue haze. This is too bad as they offer pool tables and interactive online trivia, but again, if you don't smoke you won't stay long.
The standard guest room is okay, but our bed was in horrible condition, torn on the bottom and very discoloured. Just don't look to closely at the bathroom. There was discoloured sealant near the tub, and it was cracked in places. They don't really wash the tub walls down. I know, I clean my home bathrooms and those bathtub walls were not cleaned, maybe just rinsed off at best.
AC is a wall unit, turn it off and you will slowly roast, turn it on and the noise will keep you up. The windows, except a small one in the bathroom don't open, which is a big mistake.
The kitchen does offer a limited menu of about 7 items, but there are several good restaurants nearby.
The beach bar has good to very good bands, but non-smokers will need to stay outside as this bar attracts every smoker along the beach.
Would we stay here again, no. The property does have an excellent courtyard and the pools are okay, but it is not being run to the standards it could be and the smoking bars and restaurant are a turn off. You realize that this would be a great property in the right hands. Best Western should pay more attention to the quality of its properties.
Loved the courtyard and well maintained grounds....from A TripAdvisor Member
OK if often sightseeingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Right on the beach!
Helpful front desk
Lots of trees, somewhat of a beach feel.
Pool was nice, esp @ night.
Worst parking I've experienced (parking on the side is a killer)
Shower water pressure was awful - often changing temps
Party bar was annoying at night
Towels @ pool? No.
Kind of "old" feel
Pretty goodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
There is only very limited food service, but who wants to eat at their hotel anyway? Parking is indeed tight and there are no true ocean views. The rooms have a microwave, fridge, good beds, and an adequate clean bathroom. The rooms are on two motel-like floors, but are nicely landscaped and with front windows facing two inviting pools in the courtyard, and back windows to parking.
Top Local Tips for St. Pete Beach
Oyster Shucker-Great Food Find great food at the Oyster Shucker on St. Pete's Beach. They have early bird specials and daily specials. You can't go wrong.
monster pizza Try Monster Pizza across from the hotel diagnally. SO good!!!
super shuttle bus Take the shuttle bus to and from the airport 20 dollars per person each way.
Other names for Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
- beachcomber beach resort hotel
- beachcomber beach resort
- beachcomber beach hotel
- Address: 6200 Gulf Boulevard - St. Pete Beach - Florida - 33706 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Beachcomber Beach Resort & Hotel
- Howard Johnson Resort Hotel Saint Pete Beach St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel and Suites St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Alden Beach Resort Hotel St. Petersburg, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Tradewinds Island Grand Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sirata Beach Resort and Conference Center Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Dolphin Beach Resort Hotel St. Pete Beach, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Peninsula Inn and Spa Hotel Gulfport, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.5 mi
- Bilmar Beach Resort Hotel Treasure Island, Florida Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- Wingate Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 15.5 km / 9.6 mi
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Largo, Florida Distance: 18 km / 11.2 mi
- TownePlace Suites Saint Petersburg Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.3 km / 11.4 mi
- Candlewood Suites St Petersburg Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.3 km / 11.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.4 km / 11.4 mi
- Residence Inn Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 18.5 km / 11.5 mi