Sofitel Miami Hotel
Reviews - Sofitel Miami Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 923 additional reviews of Sofitel Miami Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Miami
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sofitel Miami Hotel
Wonderful Sofitel!from Tigerlilie
Good pillows, courteous stafffrom Putzer
ve ever stayed!from texanfirst
Never Againfrom Onedor
Sleep In The Lobby If You Ever Wind up Herefrom A TripAdvisor Member
leaving the following day on a cruise; convenient location, shuttle, full service restaurant & room service. What sounded perfect was perfectly awful.
We flew in from LA, arrived at 9:30 pm, & (after waiting more than an hour for our luggage to catch up with us), stood at the designated area for the Sofitel shuttle.
After 40 minutes, a Sofitel shuttle did appear but it was traveling at roughly the speed of sound. This was remarkable insofar as the general airport traffic was all but gridlocked. Not to be caught asleep at the switch twice, we moved bag & baggage off the curb & into the oncoming traffic lane. Another 30 minutes passed & a second shuttle appeared. My husband literally stepped out in front of it. The door opened, the driver stuck out his head & said, "Bonjour, I am full." Well, he clearly wasn't full & after a brief but animated discussion, we took our seats on the van. As we drove out of the airport people were literally flinging themselves at our van. It looked like the evacuation of Saigon. The moral of the story? Forget the shuttle, take a cab. Not only will you get to the hotel with some sanity left, you won't be tortured all night by the anguished faces on those you left behind.
By the time we reached our hotel, the only food available was via room service. Thus, we did our fine dining on a chaise in the corner of our room, balancing plates on our knees. We preferred this over dining on the bed, an option which past occupants had clearly chosen. Remnants of their meals were clearly discernable on the bed skirt & spread.
As we drifted off to sleep, my husband asked if I would like the air conditioner turned up. I glanced up at the vent, saw it was covered with a black sooty film, decided it was most likely a lethal form of mold & declined.
Up early the following morning, my husband brushed his teeth while I
turned on the water to bathe. Much to my astonishment, the water from the faucet was distinctly brown. Well, distinctly yellowish-brown to be precise. And the deeper the water got, the more yellowish-brown it became. As hubby brushed away, I debated with myself the most tactful way of discussing this with him. I decided the conversational method was best. "Honey, why do you think our water is brown?" I asked in a neutral tone. Sauntering over, still brushing, he managed to mumble, "They must have lots of sulpher in it." "Do you really think all the water in Miami is this color?", I asked. This must have given him pause because he stopped brushing & called the front desk. The water was brown, he was told, because it had been turned off for "several" hours, the day before & there was "sediment in the pipes." OK. Fine. But couldn't they have told us that BEFORE we used the water? Afterall, they did tell us we might not have phone service in our room...couldn't they have thrown in, at the same time, that we'd be bathing in sediment-infested water?
We were in this property for about 12 hrs & overstayed by 11 hrs & 45 minutes. How it ever got a 4 Star Rating is now one of the great mysteries of the Universe.
Not Bad, But not good either..from BigDaddyAndMan
1. Expect to pay about 10 bucks a day just to park your car in the hotel parking lot.
2. As another user said, the pool was freezing. Sure it was the middle of Feburary, but it was 80 degrees during the day, and with a high class hotel like that, you'd think they could afford a heated pool.
3. The Hotel Resturant was nice, but very overpriced.
These are just a few things.. But there were just little things that bugged me. They would not allow you to move your baggage yourself so they basically forced you to use the concierge service and to tip them, they gave us the wrong rooms and the staff was overall pretty rude..
This was our first trip to miami. Overall, had a nice time at the beach, but if you are traveling with a family to this particular part of florida, I suggest you drive about 45 mins. North and goto Ft. lauderdale. Spent a day there and everyone was very nice. Hope this was helpful...
ok!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Average...Not as good as Reviewsfrom docbfree
Nicest Airport Hotel Everfrom EmeraldSeas
Definitely exceeded our expectations. We'll be flying out of the Miami airport a lot in the coming years . . . have found a hidden gem in the middle of airport hell.
Is this the same Hotelfrom mikeee
On arrival the door was opened for us and our bags taken up to our room which proved to be well furnished and confortable. At all times the staff proved to be polite and helpful. The hotel is not in a good location if you intend to stay in the Miami area but it is perfect for the airport. Breakfast was excellent.
I would rate this Hotel well above average for an airport facility.
Top Local Tips for Miami
Miami: probably the worst airport ever Leave plenty of time to get through airport and make flights ... especially international flights and international-domestic flight connections. I've flown in and out of Miami airport several times (not by choice), and in my opinion it is the worst as far as making air travel easy and pleasant. The airport is always busy with long lines, poorly laid out with poor signage. Also, airport personnel seem totally disinterested in helping travelers or making an effort to be friendly.
News cafe Go to the News Café on Collins avenue for breakfast or lunch. It is cheap and very good.
Restaurant of the Victor hotel in Miami Beach is fabulous very stylishgreat experience, and great food
Other names for Sofitel Miami Hotel
- sofitel miami airport
- sofitel miami
- miami sofitel
- accor miami
- Address: 5800 Blue Lagoon Drive - Miami - Florida - 33126 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sofitel Miami Hotel
- Summerfield Suites by Wyndham Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Blue Lagoon Drive Hotel Miami Beach, Florida Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Hampton Inn and Suites Miami Airport South Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Miami Airport Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Homestead Studio Suites Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Fairfield Inn Miami Airport South Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Miami Airport Marriott Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Sleep Inn Hotel Miami Springs, Florida Distance: 3 km / 1.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Hotel Miami Springs, Florida Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Wyndham Miami Airport Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
- Extended Stay Deluxe Airport Doral Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Extended StayAmerica Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Miami International Airport Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi