Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Reviews - Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Melbourne
Historical Traveller Reviews of Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel
Great Hotelfrom rcw198
Right on the Beachfrom marietGA
We paid $161/night using AAA through the hotel website. We were very pleased with the accomodations and would stay here again if we were in the area.
Great stay at Doubletreefrom Kristinmarie5
Great stayfrom tjfro
Great Hotelfrom WellOnt
Pleasant stay at Doubletree Melbourne Beachfrom travelsuze
Rooms: It appears that all rooms have oceanfront views with small balconies (patios on ground floor). The suites weren't terribly large, but having two separate rooms was nice, and there was plenty of storage for the two of us. Rooms have televisions in both the bedroom and living room. The living room has a microwave and refrigerator. The interiors have been completely redone recently, as the hotel sustained a lot of hurricane damage a few years ago (but seems to have recovered well). The rooms and hotel in general were very clean. Hotel is entirely non-smoking.
Food service: Other than the nice, warm cookies, our only meal at the hotel came from the poolside cafe. The food was great, better than expected, and service was fine. There are restaurants and grocery stores in the area, so your dining options aren't limited to the hotel.
Noise: The hotel isn't close to any other large hotels, so the area is rather quiet. The hotel walls seem to be rather thin. We had some rowdy neighbors, which probably made a difference, but we could hear more noise than expected.
Staff: We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had a minor housekeeping issue that was resolved quickly and professionally. The front desk staff were great!
Beach/pool: The pool area is decently-sized and well-maintained. The beach is nice and clean, and was not too crowded during our visit.
Area: There isn't much to do in the immediate area. Cocoa Beach is a short drive north and offers more tourist-type entertainment (and the crowds that go with it). If you have older kids (teens or 'tweens'), they may be bored with their options. There are some restaurants nearby (several chains, some local options), but you may want to venture out of the immediate area for variety. Pick up a local paper and find out what is going on--we have found fun festivals and such in Melbourne and Cocoa in our visits to the area.
Wow, what a find!from AqUaqwerty
Loved it - - would stay againfrom Ashburn_Pats
I was really impressed by this new hotel. The reception area is very airy and open. The back deck opens directly to the beach (direct walkway to the beach) and has wireless access. The rooms were 2-room suites. The furnishings were brand new and up to date. All rooms face the ocean. The bathroom was huge and the vanity had nice details like Neutrogena shampoo, conditioner, lotion. The hair dryer was nice because it was one of those regular sized ones, not the ones attached to the wall. I don't know, but I like hotels who are concerned about details like this. I only ate once in the restaurant downstairs (had breakfast). It was really really good.
The only thing that I would say they should work on, is wireless in the rooms. I saw a lot of business travelers while I was there and I think that would be a great value-add.
Very nice!from BubbaJean
Loved It!!!from sandmaria
Top Local Tips for Melbourne
Skip the rental places at the airport When we arrived at Melbourne airport we had no auto reservations. It was Daytona week and the rates at the airport were very high. We called Enterprise from the airport phone board and got a great rate and great customer service. Enterprise in Melbourne is highly recommended. Skip the airport rentals and save that money for the gift shops.
Island Pasta Restaurant Went to downtown area for dinner and this place was great food, great price, very small so call ahead if you have a large party. Candy store across the street was a great finish for dessert. Mojito Pork was awesome, pasta was great, crab cakes were great, salad was nice, service was excellant.
Where to eat Lunch: Long Doggers (looks like a hole but has great food) Dinner: Island Grill, Bonefish Willys'
Other names for Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- doubletree hotel melbourne beach oceanfront
- Address: 1665 Sr A1a N. - Melbourne - Florida - 32903 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront Melbourne, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Tides Hotel Waterfront Melbourne, Florida Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Super 8 Motel Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- Melbourne Harbor Condominiums Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- Crane Creek Inn Waterfront B and B Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Extended Stay Deluxe Airport Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 8.9 km / 5.5 mi
- Days Inn Hotel Palm Bay, Florida Distance: 10 km / 6.2 mi
- Jameson Inn Hotel Palm Bay, Florida Distance: 11.1 km / 6.9 mi
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 12.9 km / 8 mi
- Days Inn Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 13 km / 8.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 13.1 km / 8.2 mi
- Hampton Inn Melbourne Hotel Melbourne, Florida Distance: 13.2 km / 8.2 mi