The Reach Resort Hotel, Key West
Reviews - The Reach Resort Hotel
Read 1072 additional reviews of The Reach Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Key West
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Reach Resort Hotel
Loved the Reachfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Full of pleasant surprisesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
There were a few shaded areas on the beach which was nice because there were only 3 or 4 umbrellas available to all of the vacationers staying at the resort. I suggest that you get to the beach early if you want an umbrella. The pool area was small and it was difficult to find a shaded area unless you arrived early. The pool staff, however, was very friendly. If you are looking for a nice pool area, try the Casa Marina.
We ate at Shula's and had great service and delicious food; however, it is a little overpriced (especially the wine). The location of the resort is great if you want peace and tranquility. It is about a half an hour walk to the main attractions on Duval Street. I suggest renting bikes or Mopeds if you plan on going to Duval Street or seeing other parts of the island each day. If we would return to Key West, we would definitely stay at the Reach because we liked having a beach at our disposal.
A great family hotel...August 11,2003from A TripAdvisor Member
The room was good, very well AC, Chris the bell hop was great also, got us our cab when we needed it. The only thing we saw was a problem was the lack of umbrellas on the beach, you had to get down early to get one, which wasnot a problem for us. The food at the sand bar was terrific, Also at Shulas, great shrimp app..We got a babysitter from the Casa Marina for our 6 month old, she was great. Overall a great place , definatly go back again!!
Better than expectedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Duval Street is just one block away!
Customer Service Stinks!from A TripAdvisor Member
Pick Another Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved Key West though!! It was a blast.
Way overpricedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
got engaged on the pierfrom A TripAdvisor Member
old, dirty and small was the common characteristics. when i got there and spent some time in the city, the whole city overall is old and historic. that's what makes it fun. all the buildings are old like the reach. the hilton being the real done up hotel on the other side of the island. my room was cleaned everyday and the room was fine. the extra charge did suck and should have been mentioned in booking on priceline.
the beach was the nicest we saw. keep in mind there are no real big nice beaches around the are. what do you really expect for all of the people complaining when they book through priceline for 60-70 bucks a night? you can barely stay in a holiday inn off the interstate for that price.
great beach butttttt...from bongo116
The people are laid back and Duval St. is a blast, a mini mardi gras.
The Reach has one of the only real beaches on the island and it's very nice but small. By mid day the beach and the pool (also nice but small) are very crowded.
Some highlights are having breakfast on the deck overlooking the ocean, Mike, the beach guru, will set up any adventure you want, the jet ski tour around the island is great and lunch at the beach side bar was also good.
The rooms are small and in dire need of a good cleaning. There was dust an inch thick on some of the light fixtures. Fortunatley we didn't stay in our room too long.
Overall the Key West experience is amazing and the Reach will satify nicely if you can get a good deal. Paying full price is tough to swallow because the faciltites are not worth it.
Second time not a charmfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Key West
Short drive, great food Square Grouper at mile marker 22.4 is a thirty minute drive but the food was fantastic. We went for lunch and loved everything. They are closed Sunday and Monday
Champagne Sunset Sail The "Sebago" Watersports Champagne Sunset Sail is a great deal at only $39. We had a FABULOUS time, met some fun people, were entertained by a fantastic crew who constantly kept our glasses full, and saw a spectacular sunset!
Good places to eat breakfast Camilles resaurant three blocks from the Reach Resort has amazing food
Other names for The Reach Resort Hotel
- waldorf astoria key west
- the waldorf astoria collection
- reach resort key west
- reach resort
- Address: 1435 Simonton Street - Key West - Florida - 33040 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Reach Resort Hotel
- The Santa Maria Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Southernmost On the Beach Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- An Island Oasis Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Blue Marlin Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- La Mer and Dewey House Bed and Breakfast Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Southernmost Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Hibiscus Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Alexander Palms Court Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Avalon Bed and Breakfast Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Coconut Beach Resort Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Island Place SC Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- El Patio Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Casa Marina Resort & Beach Club-The Waldorf Astoria Collection Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Key West Cuban Club Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Center Court Historic Inn and Cottages Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi