Southernmost On the Beach Hotel, Key West
Reviews - Southernmost On the Beach Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Adventurer
Read 1103 additional reviews of Southernmost On the Beach Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Key West
Historical Traveller Reviews of Southernmost On the Beach Hotel
Very pleasant - Great Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Once we better figured out the area we did notice that we were on the opposite side of the Key were all that action was. It's a one (1) mile walk to get to the Sunset festival each day(you can't miss this) We didn't mind too much...we needed the exercise! Bottomline if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of Duval street this is a GREAT place to go. But when you DO want to go out and have some fun, it starts only just one block from your room.
Things to go:
Eat Breakfast at the Blue Heaven (Recommended by the staff)
Ernest Hemingway House
Danger tours sailboat charter
nice place on the beachfrom kc_123
clean big bath. shower is very large. would stay again. key west is great. smathers beach was nice too. sooo hot tho. next time will go january.
True Key West Experiencefrom DSKYGIRL
I recently stayed at the Southernmost Hotel on the Beach. I just wanted to say that I was so happy with my choice. The location, staff, and accommodation were wonderful. I wanted the Key West experience without the stuffy business atmosphere of your chain hotels and I got just the experience I wanted and needed.
You have the beach with palm trees, the Duval Beach Club, Nice Pool, a pier, and if you want more action you just travel north on Duval Street.
I hope to go there again next year.
Great Place to stay in Key Westfrom A TripAdvisor Member
In summary, after doing alot of research on where to stay in Key West, with a family, this is the place. Now you will have to either walk or rent bikes/scooters or drive to get around into where the "action" is. However we liked the quietness of the southern end of Key West. Also there is an Ice Cream shop across the street with very good home made ice cream. The Duvall Beach Club is adjacent to the hotel and served good food. Note: For my overall vacation experience, see my Key West review.
Loved the Southernmost on the Beachfrom KLO18
wonderful experience at hotel and resturantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We enjoyed our accomidations and spent extensive time over on the beach that ajoins the hotel and the beach club. We enjoyed breakfast several times and even were served lunch on the beach without having to leave our chairs.
NO ONE in our party had a bad experience with anyone at the hotel or beach club. We will be sure to return in the near future!
Southernmost is a horrible place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Upmarket motel - but great locationfrom Elaronndy
Watch the old switchero!from Breakfromit
Best in Key Westfrom Jef
Top Local Tips for Key West
driving through the keys to get to Key West Fun, if you have a few people with you, and you have leisure time. Not as fun as you may expect. Maybe more fun on a motorcycle!! Traffic is horrible after I95 merges onto Rte. 1. Light after light, after light.....take the Florida Turnpike south if you want to cut out at least half an hour. You'll need about five dollars for tolls. Once all Key-bound traffic merges onto Rte. 1, it's mostly a two-lane highway the whole way. You can count on getting stuck behind a few slow vehicles, which is annoying if you're from the Northeast part of the country!! .....so make sure you have at least a 6-cylinder vehicle for passing!! The view is beautiful, though!! Again, if you have leisure time, stop for a drink at some funky local bars, take a quick dip in the ocean (bring towels!). Once you're in Key West, you will likely not need your car. You can walk and rent bikes inexpensively. We decided for the time and money spent doing this, that next time we're flying directly to Key West!!!
Scooters I would definitely recommend renting a scooter. We walked around everywhere we went and my feet were killing me by the end of the trip.
Bring water shoes The ocean off the beach is a bit rocky, I suggest bringing water shoes. We used the stairs off the sunning pier to access the ocean and it was not rocky and had very soft sand. We also brought some rafts and floated around so we didn't have to stand on the ocean floor.
Other names for Southernmost On the Beach Hotel
- southernmost on the beach hotel
- southernmost on the beach
- southernmost beach hotel
- southernmost beach
- key west southernmost beach
- Address: 508 South Street - Key West - Florida - 33040 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Southernmost On the Beach Hotel
- The Reach Resort Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- La Mer and Dewey House Bed and Breakfast Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Santa Maria Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Blue Marlin Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- An Island Oasis Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Southernmost Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Hibiscus Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Avalon Bed and Breakfast Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Coconut Beach Resort Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Alexander Palms Court Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Island Place SC Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- El Patio Motel Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Key West Cuban Club Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Casa Marina Resort & Beach Club-The Waldorf Astoria Collection Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Center Court Historic Inn and Cottages Hotel Key West, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi