Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel, Islamorada
Reviews - Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 548 additional reviews of Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Islamorada
Historical Traveller Reviews of Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel
A great, relaxed vacation at Cheecafrom A TripAdvisor Member
HIGH PRICED H0AXfrom donduka
RockResorts is now selling off their bungalow units one by one to unsuspecting investors who think they are buying into a premier Keys resort. My main complaints about the Cheeca are:
OLD ROOMS THAT LOOK LIKE DUNGEONS, BUGS, NO FITTED SHEETS, $11.00 MARTINIS (high by even New York standards), RESORT FEES WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE NORMAL SERVICES, CONCIERGE THAT ACTS LIKE A PROFIT CENTER AND CHARGES YOU FEES
This premier Keys resort cannot rest on past reviews for very long and these investors will not get what they bargained for. I love Islamorada and the employees tried their best but their hands and rockresorts money were tied.
pick someplace elsefrom deckgirl
This is a Rockresort. We had a two-bedroom suite at close to $1,000 a night. Do we feel like suckers! Beach was horrible, water murky, pool filled to the brim with young children. I do disagree with some reviewers comments re the help. Everyone was lovely and tried very hard to be helpful. They are, however, on "island time."
Cheecaaah.....from A TripAdvisor Member
The attitude/service in phenomenal!!!from Wilhelm
Better than expected!from A TripAdvisor Member
When my sweetie & I arrived at Cheeca Lodge, we were pleasantly surprised with the beauty of the grounds & facility. All the staff were quite pleasant & helpful. Though our room wasn't quite ready for our 4pm checkin, they were courteous, & offered to get a cell number where they could contact us when the room was ready. This bit of time gave us an opportunity to do a bit of sightseeing, as well as purchase some souveniers at a local shop.
We returned to Cheeca about an hour later, glad that our room was now ready for us. The room was in the main building, & though it didn't have a view of the bay, it did have a nice view overlooking the treetops with a distant view of the ocean. The room was quite clean, the bedding & lace drapes were beautiful, and the bathroom was quite elegant, as well as sanitary. We did notice the construction in various areas of the facility, but were not bothered by it.
Once unpacked, we walked downstairs & toured the grounds, enjoying the most specatular sunset I've ever experienced! Ahhh, what a great way to end our quick Florida getaway! We had dinner & drinks on the outside terrace of the Curt Goudy restaurant, while continuing to enjoy the amazing view. Though the food took awhile to arrive, the waiter was attentive & pleasant. We also enjoyed the fine display of George Bush Sr memorabilia from his ten annual fishing tournaments at the Cheeca Lodge. Yep, he'd been there just 2 weeks prior to us!
Overall, we felt our trip was a positive one. We're already anticipating a return visit with our family & will certainly make Cheeca Lodge our "home away from home".
Cheryl & Kevin
Very much enjoyed the Cheeca!from Alicia67
6 nights in Augustfrom A TripAdvisor Member
terrible attitudefrom mdski
I have since learned that these renovations are related to the conversion or addition of condos for sale at the resort. It would thus seem that this property is takinbg on a significantly different direction.
Save your money and go someplace elsefrom eastcoastwahine
The walls were paper-thin; we could hear our neighbors (and their 2 children's) conversations. I was severely dissapointed by what they advertised on their website and what we received. The sink was cracked and so were the bathroom counters, the curtains were moldly, you get the idea. I would not recommend this resort to anyone.
Top Local Tips for Islamorada
Morada Bay Restaraunt We had a great dinner there. Ingredients were fresh and prepared well.
Robbies is not so great After everything I read about feeding the wild tarpon at Robbies, first of all they charge a fee (it was advertised as a free activity) and secondly the tarpon are in a pen, not wild! Very overrated and not a pleasant experience at all.
Causal dinning with a great view Try Lazy Days. Good inexpensive local food with a great view. Also, do not miss the sunsets at Lorilei, but I would dine elsewhere.
Other names for Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel
- cheeca resort islamorada
- cheeca lodge spa
- cheeca lodge islamorada
- cheeca lodge florida
- cheeca lodge and spa
- cheeca lodge
- cheeca hotel islamorada
- Address: 81801 Overseas Highway - Islamorada - Florida - 33036 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Cheeca Lodge & Spa Hotel
- Lookout Lodge Resort Hotel Islamorada, Florida Distance: 9.8 km / 6.1 mi
- Key Largo Grande Resort & Beach Club Hotel Key Largo, Florida Distance: 23.3 km / 14.5 mi
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel Jacksonville Beach, Florida Distance: 28 km / 17.4 mi
- Ramada Limited Key Largo Hotel Key Largo, Florida Distance: 28.2 km / 17.5 mi
- Ramada Limited Hotel Homestead, Florida Distance: 65 km / 40.4 mi
- Quality Inn Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 85.4 km / 53.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Miami Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 89.4 km / 55.5 mi
- Kendall and Suites Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 90.6 km / 56.3 mi
- Miami Marriott Dadeland Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 91.6 km / 56.9 mi
- Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 92.7 km / 57.6 mi
- La Quinta Inn Airport East Hotel Miami Springs, Florida Distance: 105.9 km / 65.8 mi
- Biltmore hotel Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 98.6 km / 61.3 mi
- The Mutiny Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 98.6 km / 61.3 mi
- Mayfair Hotel and Spa Miami, Florida Distance: 98.7 km / 61.3 mi
- Red Roof Inn Hotel Miami, Florida Distance: 105.7 km / 65.7 mi