Lago Mar Resort Hotel, Fort Lauderdale
Reviews - Lago Mar Resort Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 699 additional reviews of Lago Mar Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Historical Traveller Reviews of Lago Mar Resort Hotel
great find,unsually good service for south fla.from thepaken
the best!!!!from deemyrtle
ll be back!from LawStudent
Our room was a 1-bedroom suite, which included a living room area, kitchenette, 1 1/2 bathrooms and a balcony that overlooked the pool and gardens with a decent (but not outstanding) view of the ocean. There were TV's in both the living room and bedroom.
The accommodations were clean and comfortable--not luxurious--but comparable to a small, well-furnished apartment.
Our only meal at the hotel was breakfast the morning of our cruise. The dining room was bright and spacious, with plenty of large windows through which to enjoy the ocean view. We ate from the breakfast buffet...very good with adequate variety...though you might have expected something a little more lavish for a hotel of this stature.
The staff was friendly and unobtrusive...all in all, a very good stay--I would recommend Lago Mar to anyone...and we will return.
Families start booking!from A TripAdvisor Member
A wonderful vacationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The activities at the hotel for the children included a playground, tennis, mini golf, a chess game, volleyball, 2 pools and some organized activites. The private beach was magnificent. The staff was extremely polite and helpful, and our room was clean and quite large. The breakfast buffet was very good, and the more casual soda shop is great for a quick snack. This hotel is great for young families and I would recommend it highly. Our kids also loved this hotel. I hope we can come back soon!
Relaxing timefrom A TripAdvisor Member
We got lucky we were on the 4th floor on the end which gave us an ocean view. Our room was nice, very clean and spacious. We spent most of our room time sitting on the outside porch. We really enjoyed our stay there. The pool was great but lots of kids all ages. The beach was wonderful. We ate at the soda shop and the poolside bar which has typical burgers, etc. We thought the food was good. I went to the spa for a facial and really enjoyed it. Overall the staff was helpful. I liked that they never bothered us for anything unless we asked. The one thing we did not care for was the 18% gratuity that was add on to everything: drinks, foods, shakes, spa. You are not allowed to use cash so everything is charged to your room along with 18%. I think 18% is a little much for an ice cream shake this is my only complaint. I would definitely stay there again.
nice placefrom cyntia
bad experiencefrom lil-sister63
We also had an attitude problem the night before at dinner. The waiter charged us for the wrong wine at dinner (much higher priced of course!) then told us we were mistaken and called the manager to fight over the bill. Finally they corrected it but they did not win any friends or repeat clientelle.
The room we had would have been nice enough but the plumbing was falling apart. The room stunk, literally! Housekeeping could not remove the smoking smell. They thought it was the adjoining room where the people were smoking 24/7. We kept all the windows open the entire time and the mosquitos came in at night.
The kids did enjoy the facilities but the parents suffered here.
Great for kidsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Family Vacationfrom Cortesefam
Top Local Tips for Fort Lauderdale
Take the Boatbus Parking is difficult in Fort Lauderdale. THere is a boat/bus that is a slow but pleasant way to get around if one is not on a tight schedule.
hotels on beach Some hotels are not on the beach ie Yankee Trader/ Clipper you have to cross a foot bridge over a road to get to it and these beaches are public. Lago Mar is only one mile away but has private beach and could be anywhere in the carribean if not better.
Jaxson's Ice Cream & The Floridian Breakfast Make sure you take a trip to nearby Jaxson's Ice Cream in Dania Beach, a 15-minute drive from Lago Mar. Go early! The Floridian breakfast on Las Olas is scrumptious, too.
Other names for Lago Mar Resort Hotel
- mar lago hotel
- lago mar resort
- lago mar hotel
- lago mar
- ft lauderdale lago mar
- Address: 1700 South Ocean Lane - Fort Lauderdale - Florida - 33316 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Lago Mar Resort Hotel
- Marriott Harbor Beach Resort Spa Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Oceanside Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Bahia Mar Beach Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Convention Center Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Extended Stay America Convention Center Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Marriotts Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- The Pillars at New River Sound Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Ask Me Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi