Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel
Reviews - Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Historical Traveller Reviews of Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel
Not what I expected...from A TripAdvisor Member
Great stay at Marina Marriottfrom Indy18
Everything was very clean and in good condition. We requested a view of the Port and had a nice view from the balcony. Staff was very helpful and friendly and we enjoyed viewing the boats in the marina.
We will return the next time we cruise out of Port Everglades.
Great hotelfrom aspen1
Not a bad hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
*Note: The beach was not that great (nothing like South Beach) BUT there is another Marriot (Harbor Beach Resort & Spa) located on the beach that has a huge pool, a bar, music and they have beach service as well. You can walk right onto the resort and hang out there, I did.
Some of the things that could have been better:
The water was yellow, there was a notice in the bathroom that said it was a city problem and not that of the hotel itself.
There were only 2 places to eat and their menus were pretty much the same. The food was decent. I would definitely suggest lunch by the pool but going out for dinner.
The hotel's location was not within walking distance to many things so you would need a car/taxi to get around. The Riverwalk, which has restaurants/clubs/bars/shops is about 10 minutes away and less than $10 by taxi.
I'm a pretty laid back person so overall I would stay at the hotel again. If you are the same way and don't feel the need to complain about every little thing (which people tend to do on Trip Advisor) then I think you will be content with this hotel. It is not a 4 star hotel but great for a relaxing get away.
Great Hotelfrom Edge28
Noisy, Noisy Placefrom barkingseale
A tired hotel with good viewsfrom pascal482
I stayed there March 2005.
However, it is a tired building. Old style Marriott design, and pretty old rooms.
And it can be noisy if the door to your balcony is open.
However, the pool area's very nice, and there is a jacuzzi which you can access at night. Also, there is a nice outdoor bar area which is quite pleasant and low key. Don't wear your business suit or blazer or you'll look out of place.
The view of the intercoastal is pretty cool, and you can see the pool area from your room to gauge how crowded it is.
I did think it was a bit much that the closest parking was valet only, and the other lot you had to pay $12 per night for. Parking should be free. And there is construction going on nearby so not the most quite spot during the day.
My room was $250, if you can find one for the same price closer to the beach, go for it.
One of the worst Marriotts.from sjr1225
One of our rooms had such a view and it was incredibly noisy.
The rooms were dirty and worn. Yes, you are at a marina. Small to say the least. In addition you are victim to the noise and partying of the few boaters that have slips right outside your window (if you have a marina view which our second room did have). Do not stay here. If you must use Marriott points, use the Renaissance which is approx. 11/2 blocks away. At least the rooms are clean.
Mixed Views About the Marina Marriottfrom TravelSheryl
I checked in on Friday evening and after having 4 different maintenance people try to fix it, the high speed Internet access did not work until late in the day on Sunday. Shortly after midnight on the second night, the toilet continued running so I called for maintenance only to find out they left at midnight. A 562 room nearly full hotel without 24 hour maintenance on site! I couldn't believe it. I called again first thing in the morning and they did come up rather quickly to fix it but it continued to give me problems throughout the weekend. There were also tiny ants all over the desk.
I found the food service excellent. I enjoyed the breakfast buffet one day, the Sunday brunch, room service and lunch in the restaurant one day. All were very good. The Sunday brunch is a real bargain at $24.95. It was comparable to what you find elsewhere for $35 or more.
The grounds are well maintained and I enjoyed viewing the boats and yachts which are moored along the perimeter of the property.
Hotel employees were all very pleasant.
The hotel's standard rate was $289/night during my stay which I felt was grossly overpriced for a standard Marriott. My room didn't even have the new Marriott bed.
I would stay there again given similar circumstances of it being the only affordable option due to my corporate rate but it is not a hotel I would select otherwise.
Real comfort.from BarryOstrava
Were on the Executive floor with great view and the food in the exec lounge was absolute top notch. Without doubt we will return again.
Top Local Tips for Fort Lauderdale
Jungle Boat Cruise We really enjoyed the Jungle Boat dinner cruise. It is a large ferry boat that gives you a guided tour through the spectacular, expensive, water-front homes and then goes to a private location where they serve a large bar-b-que style all you can eat dinner. It is really reasonable and the food was good. The after dinner show was a bit of a joke but we still loved the experience.
Don't Bother with Renting a Car Fort Lauderdale has a perfect 50 cent per ride trolley system to get you up and down beaches and out to Las Olas areas. Lots of taxis. You have to pay to park at your hotel and anywhere you go. If you're planning a day or two out of the area, rent the car for just that portion of the trip.
Water Taxi This hotel is on the water taxi route.
Other names for Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel
- hilton hotel fort lauderdale
- hilton fort lauderdale
- grande hotel fort lauderdale
- fort lauderdale grande hotel yacht club
- Address: 1881 Southeast 17th Street - Fort Lauderdale - Florida - 33316 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott Hotel
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Convention Center Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Extended Stay America Convention Center Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport - North Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Lago Mar Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Best Western Oceanside Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Marriott Harbor Beach Resort Spa Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Sheraton Yankee Clipper Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Bahia Mar Beach Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Aqua Mar Resort and Marina Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Riverside Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Marriotts Beachplace Towers Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi