Fort Lauderdale Days Inn and Suites Beachside Hotel
Reviews - Fort Lauderdale Days Inn and Suites Beachside Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Historical Traveller Reviews of Fort Lauderdale Days Inn and Suites Beachside Hotel
i checked my family outfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the location, little elsefrom jelijo
Speaking of which, the day we left it was almost impossible to get an elevator as the two small elevators were full every time they stopped on our floor. If you overlook everything and really want a great location though, check it out.
Would definitely stay again! :)from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel was in a good location for a lot of reasons. First of all, there's a bus stop right outside to the left of it - for $1, you can ride the bus (route 11) down to the main beach by Los Olas Avenue. It's about an 8 minute walk from a grocery store, which was awesome to stock up on snacks and stuff because there's a goodsized minifridge and microwave in the room. Also the same distance, there's a really nice souvenir shop, a McDonalds, Denny's, and other little restaurants. We never really visited the beach across from the hotel in the day (went to downtown's beach instead), only to stroll at night.. it was very pleasant.
I wasn't familiar with the area before we booked, so I was kind of surprised when we weren't right on the beach. It wasn't that big of a problem. Sure, it would've been nice to be right on the beach, but we just ended up going down to Los Olas/Sunrise Blvd every day. But for the beach right by the hotel, you have to walk down to the light and cross the street to get to it. Not a big deal at all.
As for the room, room service was very neat and tidy. The floors could've been cleaner, but then again, we were tracking in sand practically every day. The shower was nice. I'm used to hotel showers having weak/useless water pressure but this was perfect and never had a problem with water temperature! A poster below said that you had to "request a plug for the tub" if you wanted to take a bath, but for us, that wasn't true. We had one right in the room. They could use new shower curtains though.
The staff was pretty accomodating. One poster below stated that they never had breakfast because it was all out by 10 am. We often had breakfast at around 9:30 and once the milk is used up or the cereal has run out, all you have to do is go ask in the lobby and they're happy to refill it.
One thing to know, also, is that the hotel provides a SHUTTLE to be picked up and dropped off from the airport. Just give them a call and ask how and it's $6 per person - very cheap compared to a lot of shuttles in the area.
Overall, I'd stay there again. I wish we could go back! =)
Loved The Fort Lauderdale Beach Resortfrom lizzie1
Looking forward to going back again soon.
worst hotel i have ever stayed infrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not bad at allfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The resort is getting a major faceliftfrom A TripAdvisor Member
No beach and not a resortfrom A TripAdvisor Member
terrible hotel-timesharefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not Badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Enjoy your vacation!
Top Local Tips for Fort Lauderdale
Great Italian Food Up the street from my hotel on A1A was this great italian restaurant called Nicks. I ate there the first night with a friend from Boca Raton, and it was some of the best italian food I have ever had. We sat outside on their deck and it overlooked the highway A1A and we could hear the ocean in the background. Very Very nice!
Public Transportation leaves something to be desired. The Broward County bus service is Awful! I started out my journey the day after I flew into Fort Lauderdale, FL from the Executive Airport area. Initially, I called the Broward County transit line and got the route numbers & directions. Then I waited more than 40 minutes for the first bus. When I got off the bus, I waited another 40 minutes for the second bus. This was just to get to the Tri-Rail station that was, probably, about 1 mile from the hotel. The bus drops you off quite a ways from the station, and it is not labelled to show you where to go -- the bus driver didn't know, either. So I got to the station. We waited a long time because there's construction on the tracks and then the freight train actually is the one that owns the tracks so they get first dibs. Then I waited almost an hour to get to the airport, which was where I'd decided halfway through the trip to go to because I NEEDED to rent a car by this time. It was over 4 1/2 hrs. before I got to airport.
night life more night life and good choise hard rock was not far away
Other names for Fort Lauderdale Days Inn and Suites Beachside Hotel
- ft lauderdale beach resort
- ft lauderdale beach hotel
- Address: 4221 North Ocean Boulevard - Fort Lauderdale - Florida - 33308 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Fort Lauderdale Days Inn and Suites Beachside Hotel
- Sea Lord Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Galt Villas Motel Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Il Lugano Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Ambrosios Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Estoril Paradise Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Green Island Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Coral Ridge Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
- Best Western Oakland Park Inn Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- Bamboo Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Best Western Pelican Beach Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Hampton Inn Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 4.6 km / 2.9 mi
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Galleria Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi