Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel, Daytona Beach
Reviews - Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel
Read 67 additional reviews of Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Daytona Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel
Okay, but staff was not friendly!from Ms_Boles
They Have Much to Be Proud For--Judging By Their Ratesfrom stanleyimaging-com
- stove & kitchenette counter top had some stuff on it
- bathroom a bit small
- internet in the room was about $10/day
- balcony railing felt a bit shaky (don't lean too heavily)
- no restaurants within walking distance
- had to drive into town for decent restaurants
- the drive to one of the main shopping attractions was too far & snarled by traffic (5 mph hey check out my ride kind of traffic)
- single fabric shower curtain
- straight shower curtain rod (c'mon innkeepers--we want those cool curved ones to help combat claustrophobia and that annoying tendency of whispy curtains to touch us as we shower)
- breakfast area can get a bit cramped due to traffic and room layout
- the inclination to charge for every detail ($7 for lost/stolen beach towel; $1.50/day for safe useage; $10/day for internet in the room; $$ if you don't wash the dishes; etc.) -- I know that stuff costs--but I got the impression that they needed the money.
- kitchenette with stove, oven, microwave and full-sized fridge
- all rooms face the ocean with a balcony
- two nice pools (one specifically non-smoking)
- right on the beach
- generous with their towel supply (beach towels provided free)
- activities for the kids
- air-filter in the room
- copious area guides in the room and lobby
- wifi internet in the lobby
- family owned & operated
- generous continental breakfast
- ample parking
- luggage carts
With the promise of newer development in the surrounding lots, more restaurants & shops should pop up within walking distance. Overall it was a decent place to stay, but the price tag was a general reminder of how much proximity to the sand costs the green. Shop around!
Nice Hotel, Great Servicefrom shellysand
Needs some work but good locationfrom Indiepixie
- Great location right on the ocean
- Pool is a reasonable size and is heated so felt warm even when the sun went off the pool
- Nice hot tub
- Room cleaning lady was effcient and friendly
- Front desk staff were rude and unhelpful (they had a college kid working who was friendly and nice but unfortunately he didn't work all the time)
- Hard to get in the room - card key needed jiggling about and the room door sticks so needed a good shove to get it open
- Bed was quite hard but the pillows were unbearably uncomfortable - I had to go to the nearby walmart (port orange) to buy my own pillows as the hotel's were so bad
- One elevator was out for the entire duration of my stay - the other elevator worked but was slow and juddered alot which was a bit worrysome
- The weather was windy during my stay so the only door from the hotel to the pool was locked and you had to walk through the car lot and then through reception to get back to your room - this was not great when you're in swimwear! Presumably the hotel gets windy conditions quite often (being on the coast) so you'd think they'd come up with a better solution ie put in another door to the side that could be opened in windy weather or put a shelter on the existing door.
- The hotel charges you a buck a time for local calls or using a calling card (even the cheapest motels on the beachside advertize free local calls)
- Hotel generally feels a bit 1970s in decor style though they have made some attempts to get into the 21st century with wifi access in the lobby
The other negative wasn't totally the hotel's fault - they had several large groups of kids staying for an JROTC competition for part of my stay. Most of the kids were fine but some were a pain - running around screaming, banging on walls, throwing items from their rooms down into the pool etc. I would have liked to have seen the hotel people around keeping an eye on things. I complained at the front desk and the retirement-age lady just shrugged and carried on with what she was doing (photocopying wet paint signs).
Below Average Motel, Expensive Ratesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not really modern, but OKfrom Visionmixer
Smelly lobby, rickety elevator, only one elevator working.
Goofy room key did not work well. One bedroom suite
had bedroom at entrance to room with living area on other side.
Not really convient for someone wanting lots of privacy in the bedroom.
No sofa in the living area due to murphy bed.
Donuts and coffee for breakfast, ugly and univiting breakfast area, take a seat by the coke machine or the video games please.
The location: nothing to do(other than beach) in the area.
The location: probably keeps the drunken spring breakers closer
to the action and away from here.
Room was clean, nice to have kitchenette (Publix supermarket a mile north on A1A)
Staff was responsive to key problem and went out of there way to find my son's toy that was left in the room after we checked out.
Mostly quiet while we were there.
Very enjoyable stayfrom fishngun
great viewsfrom truthfulinFL
Manager needs a customer service seminar or twofrom A TripAdvisor Member
The front desk & housekeepers were average, some friendly.
But the manager was the most rude & obnoxious person I have ever spoke to in management in my entire life. I travel alot & I expect courteous staff, including the manager, especially at $225 a night for a $69.00 a night room. He has no people skills at all & due to is nasty disposition I would never recommend anyone to stay here ever!
Nice Placefrom traveling419
Top Local Tips for Daytona Beach
Best food Go to BOONDOCKS-an outdoor restaurant on the water. Great prices & best "catch of the day" Casual non-touristy! Located S. Atlantic off Mallard St (you drive around what seems to be back of a neighborhood.
Aunt Catfish and Shell's Love both of these restaurant's. We visit Daytona Beach every fall and make sure to visit each of them twice.
Convenient to Palm Plaza We always enjoy DJ's Deck, under the Dunlawton Bridge, even when we've stayed at Ormond Beach or north Daytona Beach!
Other names for Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel
- palm plaza oceanfront hotel
- hotel palm plaza oceanfront
- Address: 3301 South Atlantic Avenue - Daytona Beach - Florida - 32118 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Palm Plaza Oceanfront Resort Hotel
- Beachside Motel Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Dream Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Daytona Surfside Inn and Suites Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- The Shores Resort & Spa Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- Acapulco Hotel and Resort Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Shoreline All Suites Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Red Carpet Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.5 mi
- Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 4.7 km / 2.9 mi
- Scottish Inns Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- Perrys Ocean Edge Resort Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 4.9 km / 3 mi
- El Caribe Resort Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Bahama House Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
- Daytona Beach Oceanside Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 5.9 km / 3.7 mi