Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel, Daytona Beach
Reviews - Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel
Read 195 additional reviews of Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Daytona Beach
Historical Traveller Reviews of Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel
We Absolutely Loved the Aku Tiki Innfrom A TripAdvisor Member
What a Wonderful Placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
No Service, No Smile, Big Problemfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A New Home for our Family and Friends Weekfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good and Badfrom ffriend
First the good: The grounds are beautiful! Lush tropical plants, inviting pool, lawn and pool bar overlooking the ocean. We had a first floor room with sliding doors that opened to the pool deck. The hotel restuarant was surprisingly very good. Their Hot Wings are definitely hot and spicy! The staff is friendly and quick to help with anything you need. A family oriented hotel that has a staff member designated to doing craft/bead projects with the kids. (She is usually walking around the pool deck.) The hotel is located on a quiet part of the beach but is still a short distance to all the action.
Now the bad: The newly remodeled rooms stink-literally! We bought air freshners to combat the strong mildew smell. The closet had a strong fish smell. We assume that water had entered the rooms during the onslaught of hurricanes last year. The bed comforter looked old and worn and smelled of mildew. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. If there is any reason I would not go back to the Aku Tiki it would be because of the terrible mattresses!
I would give the Aku Tiki an overall Very Good rating. We had a wonderful time and will consider coming back (with an air mattress).
Wonderful Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Frequent Visitorfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We especially like the pool/outdoor activity area. The Aku has one of the largest lawns (yeah like real grass)/beach fronts on the beach and our kids love the huge heated pool (another rarity for DAB). We even go in the winter because we know we can get into the pool. They have a bball court and shuffle board as well.
No bad rooms in the house. Most have a view of the beach and the first floor, south side rooms are the best: They all open out to the pool area. Super convenient.
Not family resort, smelly, drunkin hotelfrom barney1599
To the credit of the restaurant employees and the restaurant manager they do everything possible to try to control the situation and make the people having dinner have a great dining experience. If this is what progress is for the aku tiki then we will not be back!
Never disappoints!from A TripAdvisor Member
One of the best on Beach!from A TripAdvisor Member
The pool and grounds are very nice and well maintanied. I would recommend a pool side room since you get a good view of the ocean and the pool and it is cheaper than the ocean view rooms. I would stay away from the parking lot side (North Ocean View) rooms.
Overall, I thought this hotel provides a lot of value.
Top Local Tips for Daytona Beach
Non-Smoking travelers Be careful in making reservations to assure a non-smoking area if you are a non-smoker. Nothing other than the 5th floorwas contaminated with the awful smell. My fault that I did not change locations. The view from the balcony was fabulous -kept the doors open while in the room.
don't do parks all at once When our kids were little we would stay at the Aku Tiki and make day-trips to Orlando to go to Magic Kingdom or Sea World. We would spread out the day trips with days lounging at the beach so as not to get worn out. Now that our kids are older they simply enjoy the beach.
Drive on the beach in the Daytona Beach area If you are traveling to the Daytona Beach area and would like to, you may drive directly onto the beach in some areas (with a small fee), this allows you to drive on this beautiful beach, and you can unload your beach chairs, etc. instead of carrying them from the parking lot. There are also handicap wheel chairs available to enable wheelchair bound individuals to experience the beach without getting their standard chairs hung up in the sand. There is a very slow speed limit on the beach and we have never felt endangered while walking or laying on the beach during the times vehicles are allowed.
Other names for Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel
- daytona beach best western
- best western daytona beach
- Address: 2225 South Atlantic Avenue - Daytona Beach - Florida - 32118 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Best Western Aku Tiki Inn Hotel
- Perrys Ocean Edge Resort Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- El Caribe Resort Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Shoreline All Suites Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Grand Prix Motel Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Acapulco Hotel and Resort Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Flamingo Inn Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Bahama House Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Daytona Beach Oceanside Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Nautilus Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- The Shores Resort & Spa Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Scottish Inns Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Ocean Jewels Resort Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Red Carpet Inn Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- The Coquina Inn Bed and Breakfast Hotel Daytona Beach, Florida Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi