Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel, Clearwater
Reviews - Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel
Read 700 additional reviews of Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Clearwater
Historical Traveller Reviews of Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel
Great Family Placefrom Fool for the Beach
Especially if you are traveling with a family. Lots of families there while Dad/Mom were at the conferences. Pool is very nice and the beach is beautiful. The staff went out of their way as usual in a Starwood Hotel. Since I was Gold Member I was automatically upgrade to a Preferred Guest Room on an upper level with a great view. The food prices were pretty reasonable considering this is a nice Sheraton. Even the room service was not overpriced. I have stayed here a couple of times and this time the service seemed more attentive than the last in 1998. I think they have improved themselves. The only thing to be aware of is that the beach is a public beach, as are most in FL, and you need to rent the chairs and cabannas on the beach. I think it was $25 per day for 2 chairs and 1 cabanna. The waters edge of the beach is a long walk from the pool area of the hotel. I counted about 900 steps (300yds). It's a beautiful walk, but there are no bathrooms on the beach, so it gets tiring walking back an forth all day for drinks and restroom breaks. Keep that in mind, especially if traveling with grandparents. Other than that I will definitly stay here again.
A little bit of paradise!from A TripAdvisor Member
We had an oceanfront room overlooking the pool on the seventh floor. It was wonderful to watch the sun set each evening. A very friendly place!!
Avoid rooms near elevators!from A TripAdvisor Member
The ice machine is also in an open area close by (why don't they put these things behind a door). Seems everybody who went for ice had used their previous supply in some alcoholic beverage that caused them to talk very loudly (or sing, in one case). All of this is not helped by a gap at the bottom of the room door so big that our room was not dark even with the light off at night. Bottom line - make sure you don't get a room near the elevator. Otherwise the place is not bad - common areas are nothing special but location, pool, beach are all fine. Staff didn't leave a great impression. Have stayed in much better Sheratons than this.
Outstandingfrom A TripAdvisor Member
love it!from A TripAdvisor Member
A great getaway spot.from A TripAdvisor Member
Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
But if you want a holiday hotel with a good size pool, plenty of relaxed "holiday" atmosphere in the hotel then don't bother. Whilst it was clean and tidy, the Sandkey appeared clearly focused on corporate conventions and wedding groups. As a result the atmosphere in the restaurants was often deadly boring and subdued - we could only assume that many guests (corporates) were seemingly having room service or their own private functions. The pool was frankly far too small and the poolside meal facilities certainly did not impress.
On balance however, the beach compensated above all - glad we went but certainly wouldn't go back there!
Great Hotelfrom ole7
Very Goodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
This is a great place to stay for great service, clean rooms, and gorgous views.
Great place, great servicefrom cygloev
Top Local Tips for Clearwater
Shells for great seafood In terms of value or taste Shells on Gulf Boulevard is the way to go.The mojitos are great!
Traffic There is only one main street that all traffic merges onto as you get closer to this hotel and it gets very busy later in the afternoon.
Check the little diner There is a little diner at the far east end of Sheraton Sand Key lobby near the meeting rooms. For a resort, the kids' meals were a relatively good value. Two kids meals (sandwich, side, & drink), a beer for dad, and tip was only $20. The place normally had several local policemen dining, which is always a positive sign.
Other names for Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel
- sheraton sand key resort
- sheraton sand key hotel
- sheraton sand key
- sheraton clearwater
- sand key hotels
- clearwater sheraton
- Address: 1160 Gulf Boulevard - Clearwater - Florida - 33767 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Sheraton Sand Key Resort Hotel
- Marriott Suites Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Quality Hotel On the Beach Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Shephards Beach Resort Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Beach Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Chart House Suites On Clearwater Bay Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Travelodge Clearwater Beach Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Howard Johnson Beachview Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Belleview Biltmore Resort Spa Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Sea Captain Resort Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- East Shore Resort Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Palm Pavilion Inn Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 3.3 km / 2 mi
- Comfort Suites Clearwater Hotel Clearwater, Florida Distance: 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
- Best Western Yacht Harbor Inn and Suites Hotel Dunedin, Florida Distance: 7.3 km / 4.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Clearwater North Hotel Dunedin, Florida Distance: 7.7 km / 4.8 mi