Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel
Reviews - Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel
- Age Group: 4150
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Adventurer
- Age Group: 60plus
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 646 additional reviews of Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Boca Raton
Historical Traveller Reviews of Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel
The Worst Customer Service, Overpriced, Dirty Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not at all amusedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Run! Run!from A TripAdvisor Member
2) The Beach Club needs to be torn down and rebuilt. If Addison Mizner isn't already dead, this place would give him a heart attack. Our room was nice, clean, and up to date- except for the fact that the showerhead was coming loose leaving a gaping hole in the wall around it. Hopefully some tricky bellman hasn't planted a webcam back there.
Perhaps with the $380 a night we were paying they can afford to have that fixed. The paint is peeling off the outside of the building, and the lobby level smells like a school cafeteria--ugh! You get out of your car at the valet and are directed up an escalator enclosed in glass/heavy plastic with cheesy 70's lightbulbs above your head. I was waiting for Bob Barker to pop out and tell me to "come on down!" 3) The beach is another problem. We walked down the "private half-mile beach" which was littered with trash (including a used condom) --not to mention the lovely construction crane that was parked there.
4) The restaurants are good except for the casual Italian one. Don't bother. The service was horrible and the food was terrible.
5) The prices are unbelievable. I have been to some of the nicest hotels in the Southeast and Caribbean and don't mind paying a lot - IF you're getting SOMETHING in return. $6.50 for a processed lemonade by the pool? No thanks.
t listen to the negative reviewsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The grounds were beautiful and the staff was so gracious and helpful.
We got upgraded to the yacht club upon our arrival, with a full intercoastal and ocean view. Our every request was met without hesitation (i.e.fluffier bathrobe, noisy fan fixed in minutes). Very pricey, but you have to expect that at this type of resort. Our meals on premises (lucca, 27 Ocean) were good not great. The main pool is nothing special, but the spa is gorgeous. I've been to great resorts with nice spas, but this one was outstanding. I will say, I would never, ever stay at the Beach Club- an ugly building, nothing remotely like the resort part of the hotel. It was depressing and as soon as we got there and walked the grounds, my husband and I immediately turned around and went back to the resort. Other than that though, we had a wonderful, papmered, relaxing stay and would return.
Would not recommend Bocafrom A TripAdvisor Member
They act like they are doing you a favor by allowing us to step foot on their 'marvelous' property. The grounds and the room were positive. The negatives however were the staff, the 15 minute shuttle to a filthy beach, mediocre food/drink, and yes, everything is exorbitant prices. I talked with one couple who was unhappy that there were no activities for their 8 and 12 yr old children.
We found it too large, too cold, too monetary, and instead of the feel of being 'pampered' at a luxury resort, it was more like....how can we squeeze more money out of every guest.
My husband and I have been travelling to similar luxury resorts all over the world for 20+ yrs and can honestly say that we would not return to this resort.
t be fooled - not a first-class hotelfrom TravelSavvyGuy
The grounds are beautiful and the hotel is grand, but the service is deplorable. Most of the staff is extremely rude and condescending - you will be treated like dirt, regardless of your net worth or how much you paid for your room!
My $500 cloister room was filthy when I arrived, including mold on the shower curtain and a previous guest's trash on the floor. It was so noisy throughout the night that I couldn't even sleep with earplugs. I tried calling the front desk and was hung up on 3 times.
The hotel will nickel-and-dime you to death - $6 for the small bottle of water in your room, $9 daily service fee, $18 to park, $12 for internet access, the list goes on. Despite the service fee, everyone is looking for a handout and you will fear retribution if you don't tip.
I have stayed in luxury hotels around the world and this is NOT one of them. This is a high overhead, poor quality establishment - you will feel more stressed out when you leave than when you arrived. If you are planning a special trip, go to the Breakers in Palm Beach - they will treat you graciously. If you are curious about the Boca Raton Resort and Club, stop in for a tour, but do not stay there. The staff can ruin your entire vacation. They certainly did mine!
Go to the Ritz or Four Seasons instead!!!from nanv
Go for the Spafrom kauaijunkee
I had a wonderful time.. short yet so sweetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
due to a business trip. I could be biased because I had never seen the ocean, but going there was like being a princess for a short while! The company paid for a lot of things, but the things we did have to pay for were very expensive. I have receits here... 15.00 for a pina coloda.
$20 for a small kahluha. The service was kinda different.. you either came in contact with very snotty people, or very very sweet people. A lot of the little shops, like the one to the left of the lobby that sold swimwear, had wonderful help. You could find some good deals, but some were outrageous. Make sure you dont forget your flip-flops. My boyfriend did, and the only pair to buy on the whole resort were over 60.00. The rooms were gorgeous.. and at night the place was amazing...
breathtaking. A lot of fountains and beautiful sounds. The marina is beautiful at night as well. Very romantic!!... There is also a short ride to Ft. Lauderdale where there is a lot more night life and club scenes. Miami is also just as close. The shuttle service was awesome.
We got a shuttle to take us all around Ft. Lauderdale for hours at a pretty cheap rate. Also, gotta check out the Spa Palazzo... the swedish massages are wondeful. Ask for the guy from Jamaica... he is wondeful and very down to earth. Every night when we came back to our room they'd have everything spotless with new towels, etc. mints on the pillows. The day we left they left little dishes of pink m&m's which is the color known to represent the resort. It was very hard to leave. I think my favorite things were the simplest, sitting on the boat docks at night talking.. walking around the resort at night..the beach..it was all amazing!!!When I got back to Des Moines I noticed that I have left a few clothing items and a pair of shoes in my room, and they quickly sent them back to me at no cost! I thought that was so sweet.
Definitely a place to visit! I hope to go back again someday... Just go and enjoy yourself... believe me, it'll be hard to go back home :)
A vacation spot for people who know qualityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Boca Raton
Bring a pillow. This place (at least near where we stayed) closes at 9, 10pm , max. Bring your pillow, geritol, walker, etc
Make friends with your cab driver We found during our stay that cab drivers are more than willing to give you their name and number and then, when you travel off-site or to out of the way areas, they will know where to go and pick you up. We used the same cab driver for three nights.
Visit Mizner Park Mizner park was a lot of fun with the boys. We enjoyed eating outside at the Irish Pub there and people watching. The bathroom at the ice cream place is one of a kind and a must see ;)
Other names for Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel
- the waldorf astoria collection
- boca raton resort
- Address: 501 East Camino Real - Boca Raton - Florida - 33432 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Boca Raton Resort and Club Hotel
- Ventura Resort At Boca Raton Hotel Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Beachside Convenience Suites Hotel Fort Lauderdale, Florida Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Howard Johnson Plaza Resort Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
- Best Western University Inn Hotel Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
- Comfort Inn Oceanside Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Carriage House Resort Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 3.1 km / 1.9 mi
- Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suite Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 4.2 km / 2.6 mi
- Tropic Isle Beach Resort Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- La Quinta Inn Ft Lauderdale Deerfield Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach Resort Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Hampton Inn Boca Raton Deerfield Beach Hotel Deerfield Beach, Florida Distance: 4 km / 2.5 mi
- Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center Hotel Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 5 km / 3.1 mi
- Wyndham Garden Hotel Boca Raton Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 5.3 km / 3.3 mi
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Hotel Boca Raton, Florida Distance: 5.4 km / 3.4 mi