Washington Marriott Hotel, Washington DC
Reviews - Washington Marriott Hotel
- Age Group: 5160
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 260 additional reviews of Washington Marriott Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of Washington Marriott Hotel
great service, great locationfrom twotravelersAikenSC
Very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loooooved it!!!from Lainx
I love to stay here and request to stay here every time I'm in DC. Stay here you'll love it.
Great Location, Comfortable Rooms and Friendly Stafffrom Jeremy7736
Above average service in a great locationfrom Ryan.W
Great location, great hotelfrom ennl
No complaints, and a very good gym.from A TripAdvisor Member
Perfeclty Priced and Comfortablefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice place. Nice roomsfrom BenBombo
I really liked this hotel. Very clean rooms and a nice location. We didn't rent a car and found this hotel very convenient. We could walk to the metro and stroll to Georgetown. Lots of restaurants were found just a quick walk away at Dupont Circle. It was fun passing the various embassies nearby.
The most fascinating thing about this hotel: It used to be called another name (Vista International) and they changed the name after D.C. Mayor Marion Barry was caught smoking cocaine here in 1990. Apparently we were staying in the same room (812) and the concierge and bellboy let us know the room's unique history. Wow!
One drawback: No outdoor pool. Just a small indoor puddle. No big deal.
A tip: Skip the tacky New Orleans-theme bar attached to the hotel and head to a place called the Brickskeller. It's a bar up the street that has been run by the same family since 1955. Very interesting, friendly and original place.
Fantastic Price , Wonderful staff, Awsome homemade omletsfrom relaxed34
The hotel also offers washing machines. "But they are hard to come by at
night." Thee staff is intrested in helping with smiles. The beds were fantastic and comfortable. After walking around all day touring we were exhausted and hot. The starbucks station in th gift shop was a plus.
The breakfast package was a great deal. The hotel is neat and clean. I think a French airline crew is in weekly and the lobby becomes a little crowded. (4 th of july ) No problem sit by the piano bar.
"The only down fall was that you have to take the metro everywhere from most locations in Washington dc." We decided that a family of four would spend the same amount on the metro. So we took Taxi's and organized a good drop off of point a and walked from b,c,d,e. The hotel has cars for hire. Also if you are staying for a week The express train to NYC for the day would be great idea with the kids. It is a very easy commute.
We walked around the block for an Italian meal, The rest. was voted one of the tops by zagarts. Awful, cannot describe my meal served with canned peas and tomato paste from the can. $250. later ! Chinese around the corner was excellent and fresh just like china town... Enjoy! I hope this is useful..
*Quick tip- The natural history mus. stays open for imax movies. We saved viewing this mus. for nights going at around 4:30 pm walking around , then purchasing an Imax Movie.( T rex) Awful sandwiches ..Remember to stop before or after the movie -coral reef was pretty intresting...
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Re; metro The metro is a great way to get around, however it is not as extensive as other major city underground transport so be prepared to walk...a long way! As with all metro systems the smell of vomit and urine is sometimes overwhelming. All that said. It was easy and cheap to get around on.
Nearby Dining for Washington Marriott Try the Blue Duck Tavern at the Hyatt (2 blocks away), GrillFish (2 blocks away) or La Chaumiere, in Georgetown (four-five blocks away).
My week of meals You can have a different nationality of food every night. Can never remembe names of places but here are a few choices. Left out of Hotel to corner of Walmart. If you go right - heading towards Georgetown there is a lovely Thai place and just going into Georgetown I sampled a great Ethiopian Retaurant. That was first and thoroughly enjoyed. Also on this road, turn right just past the fire station and you will see Bread and Chocolate - great, from simple bagel and cream cheese with ham to a full meal. Great staff too. Turn left at Walmart and you find a brilliant Chinese and further round a great Italian. Just remember if you ask for lemonade at all these places it is not fizzy but still.
Other names for Washington Marriott Hotel
- washington marriott
- washington dc marriott
- marriott washington dc
- Address: 1221 22nd Street NW - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20037 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Washington Marriott Hotel
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Washington Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Renaissance M Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Grand Hotel Washington, District of Columbia
- St James Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Fairmont Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia
- One Washington Circle Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Madera Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Washington Suites Georgetown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Melrose Hotel Washington Dc Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi