The Churchill Hotel, Washington DC
Reviews - The Churchill Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Business Traveller
Read 380 additional reviews of The Churchill Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Churchill Hotel
Charming boutique-style hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Loved This Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Expect no frills... but good price.from A TripAdvisor Member
Lovely hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Noisy, Cramped Bathroom, No Free Shuttlefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Every night, throughout the night, sirens were a common disruption. If you are a light sleeper, this place is not for you. I do realize this is not the fault of the hotel but for busy plans for the next day, you will be tired.The front desk and concierge service is the same so you must wait in line to get info on tourist sites while others are checking in.The room was very spacious and the reading area was very nice but the bathroom is another story. The toilet is positioned up against the bathroom sink. I had to remove to toilet paper roll to be able to have a seat.The hotel and room was very clean. Bottled water was delivered each night to the room by the staff. The staff were very pleasant to work with.NO SHUTTLE SERVICE!!!This was one reason that I chose to stay at the hotel. In the information that I researched in looking for a hotel, it said that they provided free shuttle service.
This was even printed on my hotel conformation. I asked about it and was told that they did not know anything about it. I offered to get my info to show and they said that would be helpful. I gave them my paperwork which stated "FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE" and they would not honor it and said "sorry we do not provide shuttle service". This is not acceptable to me (false advertising)!Pricing for the hotel was comparable to others that I researched. The metro station was 4 blocks away which was not too bad as long as you do not mind walking up hill 4 blocks at the end of a long day.
Fantastic place if you are in the right roomfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Place to Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
good location, not far from the Smithsonian/Capitol area. It was only 9
degrees when we went, so we opted for a cab ($7).
We got a great deal from the Churchill website including breakfast and parking for $109.
We were given a corner room (On CT Ave). The room was huge: a kingsize
bed, and a separate office area. Large windows with a great view of the
city. The Decor of the room was nice, rededorated recently. The
bathroom had a vanity sink area, and a separate room for the shower and
toilet. As one other reviewer mentioned, there are no coffee makers or
refridgerators in the rooms. The dining area is small, but cozy. The
breakfast food was good. The front desk staff was friendly and
accommodating. They only complaint is that they are a little
understaffed. There was one "bellhop" who did everything including
valet park the cars. So if there is more than one person checking in,
you either have to take care of your luggage yourself, or wait. For the
price, this hotel is a good value, and I would definitely stay there
Clean, comfortable and friendlyfrom EllbeeGlasgowUK
Loved this hotel!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Amazing for the price!from ktbear7476
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Head to Adams Morgan Very trendy semi bohemian area...great little ethnic restaurants and great night life (street life)
Take the 5A if you're flying into Dulles- it's cheap! The 5A bus line runs Express from the Rosslyn Station to Dulles International Airport and back for $3. This is a great way save money on a cab or the inconvenience of a "shared ride".
Great zoo there. The National Park zoo is not to be missed. It's within walking distance of the Churchill Hotel, and it's one of the rare locations in the US where you can see Panda bears.
Other names for The Churchill Hotel
- churchill washington dc
- churchill hotel washington dc
- Address: 1914 Connecticut Avenue NW - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20009 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Churchill Hotel
- Courtyard Washington Northwest Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Embassy Row Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Kalorama Guest House at Kalorama Park Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Hilton Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Carlyle Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Windsor Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Madera Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi