Renaissance M Street Hotel, Washington DC
Reviews - Renaissance M Street Hotel
Read 288 additional reviews of Renaissance M Street Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of Renaissance M Street Hotel
Sweeeeeetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Before I begin, make sure you don't stay on the side of the building that faces the gas station/bar/chinese restaurant as it is noisy on weekends.Also be patient with the front desk staff as most I encountered didn't speak good clear english. The lady at the bell desk was VERY helpful and did speak good english. There was one bell hop who was in my opinion the best ! His name , Francious !! (Fran-swa)..just loved him !! Anything I needed and it was done..Apon arrival I was let into a small but very comfortable appointed room on the executive level (free snacks drinks and breakfast) The music was playing softly on the radio and refreshments were waiting for me on the desk. The room colors were pleasing and the bed heavenly ! Better then my bed at home. If your watching your vacation weight there is even a scale in the bathroom which I used to weigh my luggage so I wouldn't have to pay extra with the airlines, & it worked !(too much shopping)!! Everything was in close proximity and fairly easy to find, Lincoln memorial, WW2 memorial the white house etc.. I found some of the streets to be a little goofy so I feel it's best to take a map just in case. Street vendors are a plenty near the white house and some will barter. We got a few bucks off a sweatshirt..parking is hard to find around the white house durring the week. If it's comfort, style and a bit of elegance you seek I surely suggest the Wyndham..I don't think you'll be dissapointed.
I will stay here again..The price was right.
First Class to Mefrom reviewit24u
Wonderful place to stayfrom ChocolateQuiQui
Really fine hotelfrom museumgoerNewJersey
Never Againfrom lkaran
I honestly felt that they treated us like 2nd class guests because we paid so little for the room through a 3rd party. My thought is that if they thought it was too little, they shouldn't have offered it. I've stayed in other hotels for a good price and was never treated this way. I'd stay in those places again for more than what I paid. I will never stay at this place again, which is a shame, since we're planning another DC trip soon.
Another thing was that we got stuck in a smoking room that didn't have a window that opened and the room smelled disgusting.
The location was pretty good near the Metro but that wasn't enough to make me ever stay here again.
good hotel for the pricefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top qualityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The bar is - unlike most American hotels - very good, with a decent atmosphere and a very decent barman.
The staff generally are fine and leave you alone.
Don Shulas steakhouse looked interesting, but was very expensive, so we stayed clear of that.
The location is pretty good actually, although the walk to the underground can be a struggle on the way back.
But overall this is worth it; A nice relaxing stay was had by all!
Better than expectedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel has a great lobby very clean. The location was perfect. Across the street from the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton. About 5 blocks from Dupont and/or Foggy Bottom Metro.
Don't pay the $26 per night for parking...we found meters all around the hotel on the street. Free on weekends and after 6pm. In a safe neighborhood too. Only about a mile to Georgetown District.
The room was nice. Comfortable and very clean. The bed was just right, the pillows may have been too soft though. The room has it's own cooling unit that can be adjusted.
This was all-in-all a great hotel and I would stay here again in a heartbeat and I would recommend this to ANYONE going to DC for a vacation.
great hotel...customers were insufferablefrom franklin411
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Kennedy Center/National American Art Museum Free tour of Kennedy Center was good. Rooftop terrace has great views. Rooftop cafe there for lunch. Gorgeous terraced outdoor bars along the riverside near Georgetown. American Art museum over Gallery Place Metro is great- for kids, teens families everyone.
Use the Metro for all Destinations in D.C Buy the Daily Pass for the Metro in D.C...Costs 7.80 and it is a great deal and service...It takes you anywhere you need to get in D.C and the surrounding area quickly and safely...You definitely don't need the hassle and cost of a rental car in D.C..plus no ridiculous parking daily fees...wish my hometown had transit like this!!
No tub Don't bring your bubble bath!
Other names for Renaissance M Street Hotel
- washington dc renaissance
- renaissance washington dc
- m street hotel washington dc
- m street hotel
- Address: 1143 New Hampshire Avenue - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20037 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Renaissance M Street Hotel
- Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Washington Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- St James Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Washington Marriott Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- One Washington Circle Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Westin Grand Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Fairmont Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Madera Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Quincy Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Lombardy Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Melrose Hotel Washington Dc Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Washington Suites Georgetown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi