JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC
Reviews - JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
better than average for DCfrom DJ
The room was standard and the bed quite comfortable. Service was good, but room service was poor. They estimated a 45 minute wait to deliver a salad. I went to the bar and had the same salad in less than 15 minutes.
The most annoying aspect of the hotel design was the entrance which is geared 99% for automoible drop-offs and pick-ups. If you are walking out of the hotel you need to wind your way around the many SUVs and taxis driving in and out.
Overall, nice location and nice accomodations.
t ask the concierge to give you directionsfrom o2bmmw
The pool is nice and the hotel is well-located.
However, I must say that for a Marriott flagship hotel, there is absolutely no excuse for the hotel sending you directions that are totally wrong before your arrival. I called the concierge 1 week before our arrival and asked for directions from NJ. I got a canned sheet faxed to me, but thought it was odd when directions from NJ, Baltimore and BWI airport each instructed you to come to the hotel on different streets (one said turn on 10th street, the other said turn on 9th).
However, we found out you can turn on neither. Traffic patterns have changed (and not that recently either) but the hotel never updated their directions. There is just simply no excuse for failure to do something so simple.
Also, we had breakfast Sunday in the hotel restaurant and it was just terrible. The buffet was cold and the "omlette and waffle station"had inadequate equipment to keep up with the guests requests. I would not recommend it again.
All in all, I would stay here only at a very discounted rate (which we got through priceline). If you have to pay full price, do your homework and stay elsewhere.
Good hotel, Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good and badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Hot tub policyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent experience at this hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nothing Special At Allfrom J from the Bay
The location is a positive or negative depending on the purpose of your visit. Yes, it is near to the attractions, but this also draws many families with too many kids. Even if this is your first trip to DC and you want to see everything DC has to offer, stay somewhere else. This especially goes for anyone who is younger (20's-40's)and looking to be with a younger, more stylish crowd. Stay closer to Dupont Circle or Embassy Row. DC's Metro is easy to use to get to the sites, but even so staying near Dupont Circle is still quite "walkable" to Pennsylvania Av.
Service and employees were nice, but I've never encountered service and polite employees to be a problem finding in DC.
Skip this place if you're not a traveling family on a tight budget.
It was OK...from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Locationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great tourist hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Finemondo & Daily Grill Finemondo, Italian cuisine, is close to hotel ( F St.) and was fabulous! Medium priced and nicely decorated. Daily Grill is near ImProv and also VERY good.
RIDE THE METRO If you have never been to the DC area I strongly urge you to buy a metro pass and leave the rental car at the Airport. Traffic is a nightmare in this town. I have been here for three weeks and I feel like I am either sitting in a parking lot or turning left at 200 MPH in a NASCAR race. ( Rubbing is racing!!!) For $20 I was able to get all over the District and see everything that I wanted to see, plus caught a couple of tips from the locals on the train. There is a strong police presence thats keeps things mellow, and the trains are airconditioned and faster than any car. If the Bush didn't have a helicopter, he'd ride the Metro.
Metro system Take the Metro wherever you need to go! It is safe, clean, convenient, cheap, and easy to navigate. You may want to spend a couple minutes learning the routes, but after the initial feeling of being overwhelmed by the different colors or routes, you will get around with ease! Make sure you get one ticket per person, do NOT share. I learned the hard way and got a strict talking to by an attendant. The cab rides are very expensive since they have a flat rate and do not charge by the minute. The cab ride cost varies by the time of day and if you have luggage or not. I would not recommend using cabs in DC. I wish every city had the Metro because it was so efficient! Also, you don't have to wait very long at any stop. (There is a clock at each station that informs you of your wait time.) Use the Metro!
Other names for JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
- washington dc marriott
- marriott washington dc
- jw marriott washington dc
- Address: 1331 Pennsylvania Avenue - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20004 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue
- Willard Inter Continental Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- W Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Washington Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- The Hay Adams Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Four Points by Sheraton Washington D C Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Washington DC Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi