Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel, Washington DC
Reviews - Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel
Read 683 additional reviews of Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel
Great location!from jmbrph
You must pay to use the adjacent pool/fitness. Didn't like having to pay to use the in-room phone, either. Eating there is very expensive. Staff was very friendly & helpful. Use the Metro to go everywhere....HAVE FUN!!!
very nice remodelfrom elock
Great Capital Locationfrom dayon
convenient but tackyfrom happycamperNewYork
Ok but expensive - pay extra for the suitefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The bad news: Even though we are Hyatt Gold Passport holders we were told that that area was under renovation. The book in the rooms say that Gold Passport members get free access to the gym but were told no, we would have to pay. There's NO outside pool and the inside pool you have to pay to use. I know hotel food is expensive but their prices are soooo high. $14.50 for an egg sandwich? No way. The coffee shop Perks was open at random times. Didn't get my latte some days. We upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite for an extra $50 a night. Totally worth it. Nearly 3 times as big as the regular room.
There aren't many restaurants nearby and that was the biggest inconvenience to me. After a long day at a conference food was a problem. Some homeless but not a big deal.
Try to get a room that is NOT at the front of the hotel as there is a fire station right across the street. I thought it was cute at first but DC must have more emergency calls than any place on earth. Seems like sirens were going off constantly. Our hotel was evacuated 3 times in a week for no apparent reason.
Not remotely soundproof. We were on the top floor, 11th, and sounded like every truck that went by was right outside our window. I actually had to use earplugs to go to sleep.
Clean but not what you would think of as Hyatt quality.
The Hyatt charges you for EVERYTHING!!from pilarkitty
Needs some help, but has positives...from A TripAdvisor Member
This is a standard Hyatt business and convention type hotel, although its location has advantages. The U.S. Capitol Building is two blocks away and you get a stunning look at it every time you exit the hotel, as well as from some hotel rooms. The area is safe, but there is a homeless shelter a block away and you'll likely encounter friendly panhandlers when walking about. The area is well lit and there are police in evidence, so I wouldn't be too put off by that. Union Station is four blocks away, a short walk or cab ride for people arriving by train, and the Washington Metro station is right there providing cheap, convenient access to all of the District. The Smithsonian and museums are within five to six blocks, a nice walk for those in good health and a short cab ride for those who can't manage.
The rooms, food service, restaurants and amenities are fine, nothing special, except for the rooftop restaurant which is a bit pricy but has a fabulous view of the Capitol. I asked for a room away from the elevators and got one immediately opening on to the elevator waiting area (remember the slow elevators mentioned above; this means mobs of people just outside your door), but the hotel was very busy, the room was otherwise nice, and I did not hear hardly any hallway noise when I was in my room.
There are several restaurants within several blocks, although not as many available as downtown. I had good meals at Bistro Bis (French) and The Dubliner, both within two blocks.
Summary: Very average, needs an update (coming soon), good location for those wanting access to the Capitol Building and Senate/House office buildings plus eastern end of the mall, close to DC Metro
This is a GREAT hotel for less than $100/nightfrom vegaslover73
My room was not cleaned and I had to beg to have half of one night's rate removed from the bill. All in all, a great PL value, but don't pay anything close to the rack rate unless you're expensing it.
Expected better, but met our needsfrom ati2d
horrid New Yearsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Eating Found a place called Capital City Brewing, had microbrews, ws very good, good portions and a really really good price,with good children's menu. There are 2 locations.
Great Metro Get the weekly pass for $22. Washington's metro is easy to use and you can get just about everywhere on it. For an extra .35 each way, you show your metro pass to the Circulator bus driver and that will get you to Georgetown. I think it was an extra .50 to get to Mt. Vernon. Oh, and a dollar for the bus out there. Taking luggage on the metro can be done but, if I was doing it again, would probably pay extra $15 and take the shuttle instead. Difficult to get big bags through the turnstyles and up and down escalators.
Everything is further than it looks And the wind will make any day where there is rain or snow a horribly miserable experience.
Other names for Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel
- washington dc hyatt regency
- washington dc hyatt
- hyatt washington dc
- Address: 400 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20001 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia
- Holiday Inn Washington On the Hill Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Hotel George Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Phoenix Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Red Roof Washington Downtown Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Capitol Hill Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Holiday Inn Capitol Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Renaissance Washington DC Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi