Hilton Embassy Row Hotel, Washington DC
Reviews - Hilton Embassy Row Hotel
Read 82 additional reviews of Hilton Embassy Row Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington DC
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Embassy Row Hotel
A very good hotel experience for mefrom Marie715
On to the good stuff... Excellent, excellent location. Literally 1 block to the Metro. It was nice to stay in a neighborhood setting. Lots of choices for restaurants and all of the were excellent. For a quick bite to eat, I recommend the Wrapper Works restaurant.
The room was beautifully appointed. Small but I wasn't expecting large. The complimentary bottled water each day was nice.
The staff was very friendly.
I would stay at this hotel again.
A lesser Hiltonfrom Anonymous_Tourist
As for the "OK" part, the hotel is in a lovely area of Dupont Circle, a brief walk to the Metro, which makes seeing DC quite simple. There's a nearby CVS for any forgotten travel essentials, several restaurants of varying degrees of price and a few bookstores as well.
So the Hilton is in a pleasant location...
But some problems included an unexpected 6am wakeup call, a 7am alarm clock going off and a showerhead that fell off the first time I tried using it. The toilet bowl didn't have a lid and the bathroom also didn't have much space to place items such as eyeglasses or pajamas while showering.
I can forgive the shower head slipping off, really I can but a 6am wake-up call followed by the alarm clock going off an hour later was highly interruptive.
With that said, the staff was professional and friendly, room service always sporting a smile when delivering a 40 dollar plus breakfast for two.(The breakfast was tasty and at that cost, tasty is a requirement!)
There's an outdoor pool but it was too cool for any pooling at the end of March.
A fitness room exists but I didn't have time to investigate as I had enough exercise walking around the Mall.
Weird, weird and then weirdfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good Value on Hotwirefrom Nicci
Location is 5-star, staff is very professional. Parking is $25/nt, which is normal in this part of the city. Don't even think about parking on the street. You're in the diplomatic district and you risk ticket/towing. They are more vigilent in this area.
Definite favorite of DCfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent Choicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The location of the hotel is perfect. It is within miles of all of the wonderful sites and you can actually see the Washington monument and the capitol building from the hotel.
The lobby is beautiful and really makes you comfortable the moment you walk in. I would recommend this to anyone that needs a 5-star hotel in the Washington D.C. area.
Look forward to my next visitfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Horrible Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I arrived on a Sunday afternoon - shorts, t-shirt. When I went to check in the gentleman at the front desk seemed to be talking down to me; very unattentive - almost rolling his eyes when I questioned why I could not park my own car.
This feeling continued for the week - not one friendly person.
Then the final night I had a problem. The men in the room next to mine were carrying on fairly loudly (although with the thin walls, you could here about everything). Then I could smell the cigarette smoke coming from that room - I am in a no smoking section. I went to the front desk and they told me they would send security up. The phone rang 10 minutes later, but it did not help. Another half hour of this and I went back to the front desk. The gentleman told me he sent someone up AND called them (Lie #1). He came up with me, tapped on their door as I went into my room. I distinctly heard him say "you cannot be smoking in here" - he then comes to my room telling me they don't even smoke! (lie #2). I ended up having to place a wet towel under the door adjoining the other room.
Horrible experience - loved DC, but hated the hotel.
Top Local Tips for Washington DC
Take the Metro It's super clean, safe, and a nice way to get around. It will deliver you right to major attractions & hotspots.
Dupont Circle - Hank's Oyster Bar Excellent Lobster Roll! Its about a 5-10 minute walk from the circle, but worth the time and would like to go back! Excellent service and nice atmosphere!
Walking around Take comfortable shoes - lots to see and best to walk - no need for a car and no need to bother with taxis
Other names for Hilton Embassy Row Hotel
- washington dc hilton
- hilton washington dc
- hilton hotel washington dc
- Address: 2015 Massachusetts Avenue NW - Washington DC - District of Columbia - 20036 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Embassy Row Hotel
- The Westin Embassy Row Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Madera Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, D.C. Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- St James Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Washington Marriott Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Courtyard Washington Northwest Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Carlyle Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Churchill Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Topaz Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Renaissance M Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Ritz Carlton Washington Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi