Topaz Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Topaz Hotel
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Weekend Breaker
Read 507 additional reviews of Topaz Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Topaz Hotel
Funky colors - loved itfrom PattieB
a lovely stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It really depended upon the individual you were dealing with. A very romantic place. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on in a hotel. Unfortunately we never made it up in time for the "energy" breakfast. Maybe they should keep the breakfast bar open until 11 a.m., but hotels don't like to do that as a rule.
My three small gripes:
For a hotel that promotes wellness, I think the bathtubs should definitely be larger and cleaner.
Again, for a hotel that promotes wellness, I was surprised at how smoky the reception lounge/bar area was. I was hoping to enjoy a quiet glass of wine but was chased away by the thick clouds of cigarette smoke.
I keep trying to get booked on the Kimpton Group bonus frequent-visitor program but have not been successful after 4 attempts online and asking the management. The front desk staff just shrugged.
Otherwise, a truly memorable stay. Far far better than the Hotel Helix, also run by Kimpton Group in DC. I found that hotel very poorly run with poor unprofessional service and filled with ambitious but generally failed interior design. A design concept that had potential but could not rise about the government standard-issue architecture and finishes. Go to the Topaz instead!
10 out of 10!from A TripAdvisor Member
Definitely Will Returnfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A Wonderful Place to Stay!from SusanM2004
29/30/31) and loved staying there. We chose this hotel because of the good reviews on this site as well as the Topaz's great web site. The hotel exceeded our expectations. Our room looked just like the pictures shown on-line...warm and cozy, with a fun decorating theme. The king size bed, with down duvet and heavy cotton sheets was so comfortable.
The room was spacious (we were on the 9th floor-a non-smoking floor) with windows that spanned the width of the room. The extra touches...delicious teas, Aveda toiletries, wireless internet, comfy chesterfield and chair, beautiful furniture, a selection of current magazines in the room, daily newspaper - all added to our enjoyment.
The location is good - just off Connecticut Street on N Street. A quiet location (nice residential area), and about a 15-20 minute walk to the White House and museums on the Mall, and about the same distance to Georgetown. There are good restaurants just around the corner on Connecticut St. The hotel is close to the Dupont Circle Metro Stn. I would definitely return to this hotel...can't say enough good things about it!
Heaven on Earthfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Funky Hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Very cozyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Definitely MUCH nicer than any of the big chain hotels I usually stay at. Great location, too, close to subway and many good restaurants.
Good Karmafrom A TripAdvisor Member
Will return to this hotel if in DC - AAA discount!from Usual
Everything else good you've read about this hotel is true. The linens, pillows, and mattresses are Ritz-Carlton quality. Every staff person I met was friendly and helpful.
The decor of the rooms may be described as "ghastly" or "fun" depending on your frame of reference, but I don't care. Will definitely stay here again.
Top Local Tips for Washington
Zone to meters?? I heard a rumor that DC taxis will be switching from zone fares to meters which will increase the cost of using taxis.
Free standup comedy show at Topaz Hotel every Thursday nite best entertainment bargain in Dupont Circle!
Taxi zones vs. Metro rates vs Dulles 5A Metrobus Taxis use zone prices, almost any ride will be $9-12 vs $1.35 for Metro anywhere in town (add $1 for rush hour). Metrobus 5A goes to Dulles from L'Enfant Plaza (central Metro station) a few times an hour for only $3, and obviously does so going in as well, vs. Metro to Falls Church station and a $9 bus from there to Dulles, or $55 or so for a taxi. SuperShuttles MUST be booked 24 hours in advance but cost $22 (add $10 per additional passenger) and will pick you up at your hotel, though there may be other pickups en route, so allow an hour transit time. Also, if you plan a few hours at Dulles, take the VA Regional Transit shuttle from curbside 2E for fifty cents to the Udvar-Hazy branch of the National Air & Space Museum (free) - allow at least an hour or two to see the space shuttle Enterprise, SR-71 Blackbird, Concorde, and literally hundreds of other famous or obscure air and spacecraft, with an observation tower overlooking the Dulles runway to watch jets as they land and much more!
Other names for Topaz Hotel
- topaz hotel kimpton
- kimpton washington dc
- Address: 1733 North Street Northwest - Washington - District of Columbia - 20036 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Topaz Hotel
- The Tabard Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia
- Beacon Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard Washington Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Rouge Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Loews Hotel The Jefferson Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Doubletree Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Quincy Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Madera Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Madison Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Capital Hilton Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Homewood Suites Washington, DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi