The Hay Adams Hotel, Washington
Reviews - The Hay Adams Hotel
Read 256 additional reviews of The Hay Adams Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Hay Adams Hotel
Absolutely Fantastic!from A TripAdvisor Member
A wonderful place to play and stay!
Beautiful Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Wonderful Anniversaryfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Beauty, Elegance and an Excellent Hotel Stafffrom OneGirlzOpinion
It's also in a great location with the AFL-CIO across the street, and the back part of the white house (1600 Penn Ave) right next to it. It's within walking distance of three Metro stops. :) One morning I had breakfast in their dining area, and 3 senators & two congressmen were enjoying their breakfast at a couple of tables not far from where I was. Hay Adams is a true Washington DC experience!
If you stay in the summer, their rooms use central air and they keep them very nice and cool. At the same time, the beds are nothing but layer after layer of fluffy soft warm comfort. You just can't lose. :)
Splendid! Perfect!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great food and hotelfrom Teramo48
Enjoyed by all!from A TripAdvisor Member
Avoid the Hay-Adams at all costs.from A TripAdvisor Member
First, after booking the room on-line, I called the hotel twice before I arrived just to confirm that I would have a room with a queen size bed and a queen sized pull out couch. Each time I was assured that I would indeed have those acommodations. Since I was traveling with my two adult daughters, it was important to me that we have beds where two could sleep comfortably together, i.e. in a queen sized bed.
Upon arrival I was told I would not have a room with a queen sized bed and sofa, instead, I would have a room with two double beds, and they would bring in a roll-away. And yes, they were very sorry, but at that point I couldn't have cared less whether they were sorry. When the roll-away bed arrived, my anger increased. Once the bed was in the room, you couldn't move around at all. There I was in my $400 + room, and I couldn't get to the bathroom without leaping over beds. Second, the hotel claimed it was renovated in the recent past, but when you walk into the lobby from the outside, the place smells of something moldy. Needless to say, I checked out the next day. Yes, the quilts were lovely, but not lovely enough to make up for the hotel's utter arrogance at promising one thing and not delivering. Do you think it had anything to do with my pro-choice button?
Exceeded all expectationsfrom OCMom
We booked an options package for $279, which included a generous breakfast – anything off the menu or room service. We had two rooms -- both were very spacious and well appointed. (Sorry to the last reviewer who had a small room.) My mother’s room overlooked the President’s church, just across the street. Exceptional gracious service from all staff. Freebies everywhere – cookies at check in, bottled water and fruit in the room, local calls, high-speed Internet, overnight shoeshine. Elegant turn down. Exceptional concierge service – and I had odd, difficult requests. Nothing but “A plus” marks during our stay.
Hay Adams Room so small you could not change your mindfrom A TripAdvisor Member
At $350 plus room tax of $50 it was overpriced. The one good note is that the housekeeping is excellent. Our room, though small was always throughly groomed and the housekeeping staff pleasant and helpful.
Without question I would make my next reservation at the Willard.
Top Local Tips for Washington
Washington Monument Get there early! I mean, really early! The queue forms very early and by the time we got there at around 8:30am it was about a hundred people long. The first time slot available by the time we got to the front was 11:30am. So just be wary of that.
GOOD FOOD OLD EBBITT'S GRILL IS WONDERFUL AND NOT FAR FROM HOTEL
Congress We went to the capitol to see our Congressman, and we were able to get tickets, (free), to see Congress in session. This was REALLY interesting. Who knew?
Other names for The Hay Adams Hotel
- the hay adams
- hay adams washington dc
- Address: 800 16th St Nw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20006 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Hay Adams Hotel
- The St Regis Washington Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Club Quarters Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Capital Hilton Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- AKA White House Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- W Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Washington Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Madison Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Renaissance Mayflower Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Donovan House Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Loews Hotel The Jefferson Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Westin Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi