Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel
A great experience!from A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. They told us about the Market Inn just down the street for dinner one evening, and it was excellent! There aren't many eating places nearby, but we also had a relative who was able to drive us, so this wasn't a problem.
The breakfast selection was plentiful every day. It was a great start to a full day. For us, finding a seat was never a problem. I think a lot of that has to do with the timing of your visit to DC. We were there after most of the crowds were back in school, and it made the trip so much nicer.
If and when we get back to DC, we will definitely stay here again!
great downtown hotelfrom alexperi
Loved it!from A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotel, Great Locationfrom figment7
Excellent- Close to Metro, Safe.from gfkr2
The hotel area is very quiet and located in the same block as the Ford Congressional building, which means it there is always security watching you walk back to the hotel from the Metro at all times. On the down side, there are only a few quickie-places to eat in the neighborhood. Parking under the hotel is tough for those with oversized vehicles.
The suite still had a new look and was exceptionally clean. We stayed on the 5th floor that overlooked the pool/patio. Everything with our room was in order. Each of the bedrooms had a seperate door from the kitchen/living room. Do not be fooled by other hotel chains offering suites only to find a half-wall seperating the rooms. These have real doors, which can be kind of nice for privacy for us parents.
We enjoyed the free buffet breakfast, but found the staff overwhelmed on our last day (Friday) trying to keep the food moving. Unlike some Residence Inns that offer evening beer/wine, this facility does not due to strict DC regulations governing the serving of alcohol. A free evening meal is offered Monday-Thursday, but we opted seeing hamburgers and hotdogs. The hotel offers free in-room intenet access and has computers in the lobby that can be used by guests 24/7. The only real problem we encoutered was excessive heat at the indoor pool. For some reason, the AC was not working and the temperature was at least 100 degrees! The kids still swam despite the heat.
Overall, this is a 9 out of 10.
Great locationfrom largefamilymom
Convenient to Hillfrom scmc
Excellent hotel and locationfrom Caffeinated
Staff was very friendly.
Breakfast was very good.
The dinner was more than the typical "Managers Reception" with popcorn and chips.
They have a real meal (meat, vegetable, salad, soup, drinks, etc.)
- which saves a lot of money in the DC area.
Be aware - the breakfast is everyday, but the nice dinner buffet is only
Monday - Wednesday !!!
Convenient walk to metro and Smithsonian museums.
Great location - bargainfrom Scubydiver
When we returned at day's end to a full day my three boys (10, 12 and 15) were excited to find fresh baked cookies to munch on before a full buffet dinner was served... yes all that was included with the price of the room. I expected horsd'ovres but they served a full dinner - soup, salad and all.
Besides Free internet in the room, they had Free use of pc's with printers in their lobby... Gosh what more could we ask for?
Oh, did I say they even supplied the popcorn for our evening movie? Worth every penny.
Loved Residence Inn Capitol DCfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington
Natural Science Museum you have got to see it. The Mineralogy section was superbe..the HOPE diamond and the "Star of Asia" saphire...plus countless other famous necklaces, rings, earings..and a huge collection of rocks, minerals and meteorites.
Metrorail Get a pass for Metrorail and use it!! It is the best way to get around
Zed's Ethiopian Restaurant For an exotic taste, try Zed's Ethiopian Restaurant in Georgetown.
Other names for Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel
- washington dc residence inn
- residence inn washington dc
- Address: 333 E St Sw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20024 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel
- Holiday Inn Capitol Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- L'Enfant Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Capitol Skyline Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Capitol Hill Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- The Hotel George Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Phoenix Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- Red Roof Washington Downtown Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi