Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Omni Shoreham Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 1145 additional reviews of Omni Shoreham Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Omni Shoreham Hotel
Great hotel, excellent service, so-so location for touristsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I will stay there againfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Since my husband had to stay home I wanted a place where I felt safe and secure. The Shoreham was a wonderful choice. We were treated extremely well by the staff, and loved the wide variety of restaurants to choose from within easy walking distance. The neighborhood was beautiful, and we loved how close the Metro was. Our room was lovely, and it was amazingly quiet. In our four days there I never heard room noise from adjacent rooms. The only drawback I can think of is that for such a large hotel I thought there would be more restaurants to choose from, but that really wasn't a problem because of the many restaurants nearby. I will look forward to staying here again if my daughter is here for college/.
Not a good value or experience.from A TripAdvisor Member
s Day - PRESIDENTIAL SUITE!from HM2006
A Wonderful Experiencefrom bgonner
Incredible hotel!!from MissJannaNY
Upon entering the room, it was huge. It was about as big as my studio apartment. There were 2 queen beds, a sofa and loveseat, table, writing desk and chair with a coffee maker, and the bathroom was large complete with fluffy towels, a cozy bathrobe and Swiss Institute toiletries. It took me until hours later to realize I had a balcony, overlooking the pool and Rock Creek Park. The sign on the back of the door listed the room as being $500 a night, I was paying 10% of that!
There are many restaurants in the area up CT Ave., and even past the zoo which is about 4 long blocks north. The Metro is a block away along with a CVS and McDonalds. Valet Parking was about $22.
The staff was incredible. I had a problem with an large moth in my room and a slightly stained carpet, and someone from housekeeping was at my door in about 5 minutes. The concierge also gave me great suggestions on places to go off the beaten path. There was also a large wedding taking place there during my stay, and did hear one customer complaining about the noise in his room from it, and they promptly moved him!
All in all I had a great stay at the Omni Shoreham and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet and safe place to stay.
Excellent Hotelfrom SuziR
We didn't eat or drink there, looked a bit too pricey for us, but it was very close to a good Irish bar and some nice restaurants. It was also very near the Metro for travel into the city centre. We would definately stop here if we returned to DC.
Very pleased! Would definitely stay there again...from CPAandMom
No complaints whatsoever! We would absolutely -- without a doubt or hesitation -- stay here again!!!
Great staff, O.K. room.from A TripAdvisor Member
Since I am in the Omni Hotels select guest club I tried to get the complimentary room upgrade they advertise, but the woman who checked us in said they had no extra rooms. I found that hard to believe since the hotel capacity appeared to be so light they didn't even have their lounge or some of their small shops open for the week. It is within walking distance to the zoo, which is nice.
Best hotel in DCfrom kristie
Top Local Tips for Washington
Murphy's Pub Murphy's Pub is a block or so from the Omni. It has a wonderful variety of food for very reasonable prices. Staff are polite and very efficient. Has a variety of beers on tap. It gets crowded in the evening, but it is worth it.
Museum of American Art & Portraiture Allow plenty of time to visit this amazing museum. The collection of American art is marvellous and the collection of portraits of Americans is both historically and artistically interesting. It includes people from all areas of American life -- Presidents, politicians, performing artists, atheletes, poets, soldiers, etc. The building itself is interesting and beautifully restored -- it was the Old Patent Office completed in 1868 and was the site of Lincoln's second inaugural ball in 1865.
Plane watching at Gravelly Point Park Even if you can't stand flying, you need to spend a little time at Gravelly Point Park off the north end of the runway at National Airport. No charge. Landing planes are just overhead and there is a fantastic view of the Capitol and Monument from across the river. Great big field for kids to run off steam.
Other names for Omni Shoreham Hotel
- washington dc omni
- omni washington dc
- omni shoreham hotel washington dc
- omni hotel washington dc
- Address: 2500 Calvert Street Northwest (at Connecticut Ave.) - Washington - District of Columbia - 20008 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Omni Shoreham Hotel
- Wardman Park Marriott Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Kalorama Guest House at Kalorama Park Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Churchill Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Courtyard Washington Northwest Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Westin Embassy Row Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Hilton Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Carlyle Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Savoy Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- The Windsor Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi