Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel
Reviews - Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel
A good place for a bad pricefrom RovingGnome
Great location!from Pysiu
Pleasant Surprisefrom A TripAdvisor Member
great location, friendlyfrom T.B.Patriot
Overpriced and poor qualityfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was ok but no frills. Most disturbing however was that i could hear every cough and mutter of the people in the next room
They also charged me for interent access for 3 days when i hadnt been able to connect it despite 3 calls to the receotion and a call to an unhelpful support line. Then they said they were unable to correct the bill when i checked out as their system was 'running the accounts'
Overall poor - the Renaissance nearby which i looked in on looked much nicer
Easy METRO access makes this a great choice!from oldbokers
Great location, nice hotelfrom SammyK5
nice hotelfrom Trplvr80
Excellent Hotel, Excellent Location...from A TripAdvisor Member
Only 1 complaint regarding double beds: they use a sheet that kind of comes off the bed during the night--at least for us. Not a fitted sheet. My wife says all hotels use the non-fitted bottom sheets. I've never noticed (I guess because they've never slipped around like that). I don't know what to say about that. It wasn't a big deal...I just like everything to be perfect and it was a bit annoying at times to have to tuck my sheet back in, but we were two adults per little double bed so that might have had something to do with it. King bed may be different.
Still, five stars for sure. If you can get a good deal (it was a bit expensive for us, as it was a holiday weekend), grab this hotel!
t say enough good about this hotel!!! You MUST stay here!from A TripAdvisor Member
Our daughter who is 8 had a GREAT time. She loved the Metro subway. It is literally not more than 50--100 ft from the hotel! So access was great. We could just hop on the subway and go wherever we wanted to go. It was about a 3-4 block walk to the White House, which we toured. And you could take the subway just about everywhere else very very quickly.
Our room was great! We had to move to another one due to needing a king bed. But we really didn't have much to complain about. One night we didnt' sleep good due to some noise, but they quickly moved us the next day to another room. They were overly accomodating. I am telling you there is nothing better than this hotel in the DC area. The price is great. And the hotel has I believe just undergone a renovation. Everything smelled and looked so fresh and clean. The flowers were REAL in the lobby and by elevators. It was truly a refreshing trip for us. We will definately stay here again when we return to the DC area again.
Why everyone doesn't give this hotel a '5" I don't know? But it is a 5+! It is close to the metro, which in this city is a must. It had great food, which was NOT really expensive. And it had great rooms. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom floor looked like you could eat off it! We left with an amazing feeling, WE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE THIS PLACE! It felt like home just about.
This is a great hotel if you have children, due to the proximity to the metro, and the hotel having a great restaurant, POOL, work out room, laundry, etc. It has it all! Our daughter loved the pool, we loved the hot tub! And there were people riding the treadmills and bikes while watching TV. We used the dryer in the laundry room for our coats when we got all wet on a terribly wet day on our trip. Everywhere we went, it was ALL SO CLEAN and fresh, it was truly a wonderful trip. Can't say enough good about this place. Support them, and STAY at the MARRIOTT AT THE METRO CENTER! You won't be sorry! And you will be saving yourself a little money by not staying at another hotel that is probably twice the amount and not as close to the subway.
Oh also, just because it is close to the subway doesn't mean it is a bad part of town. It is not a bad part of town, or we didn't think so. It was just a wonderful place! I am a very very picky person, this hotel met and exceeded those standards that I have.
Top Local Tips for Washington
Metro We used the metro daily, but from our location it was better not to buy the weekly pass. We used the Metro about twice a day for $1.35 per trip. A weekly pass was about $22.
International Spy Museum A great place to take the kids. They really have a good time. Try to get there before it opens.
Restaurants in walking distance from the Convention Center Attended a conference at the beautiful DC Convention Center. Had some fabulous meals nearby at: Oya, Zaytinya & Indebleu.
Other names for Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel
- washington dc marriott
- marriott washington dc
- marriott metro center
- Address: 775 12 Th Street Nw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20005 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Four Points by Sheraton Washington D C Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- JW Marriott Hotel Pennsylvania Avenue Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Renaissance Washington, DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Renaissance Washington DC Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Willard Inter Continental Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Henley Park Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- The Henley Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
- Morrison Clark Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.6 km / 0.3 mi