Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel
Read 283 additional reviews of Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel
ll never stay here againfrom njguy99
In particular, I was dismayed by the lack of working heating/ac controls in the rooms. When I dropped my bags off in the mid-afternoon, I noticed the room was a little warm – so I set the thermostat to “cool.” When I came back later that night, the room was sweltering. The front desk clerk told me the individual controls don’t work, and that I should turn off the thermostat and open my window.
When I told him that was unacceptable, he promised to call me back – and never did.
The next morning, I took my car out of the remarkably tiny garage, only to find that all of the spots were taken when I got back. The clerk apologized dismissively, and told me to look for street parking.
It is next to impossible to find street parking after 7 pm in this area of DC, so I was stuck driving around for nearly a half-hour before finding a metered spot and running the very real risk of getting a ticket.
Those two events, coupled with the brick-like bed, make me never want to stay at this hotel again.
Best Little Hotel In Washingtonfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel has a small outside patio which we enjoyed every night we were there. The location was great. A few minute walk to the subway system (on some days we walked from the hotel to the Mall area) and close to some great restaurants.
Will stay here on my next visit to Washington.
Often great deals for this nice hotel with great locationfrom jsb23nc
My only complaint was that the hotel staff didn't seem to give me as good a service as other hotel guests--I assume due to my expedia rate.
Nonetheless, I would definitely stay there again.
Would book the room again in an instantfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent Value, Great Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
However, I was extremely pleasantly suprised. The hotel is very nice, and the room was clean and big enough to not get claustrophobic after 2 weeks. The location is great, walking distance to Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan for the nightlife, and 10 mins to the Metro for exploring.
The best part however was the staff employed by the hotel. As a new arrival to Washington and the US I was pretty overwhelmed for the first week. The staff always went out of their way to help, suggesting places to eat/drink and filling me in on local events and knowledge.
When I found an apartment and moved out, they didn't charge me for that day, even though I checked out at 7.30pm. The hotel and amenities are good, but the staff are great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Will recommend this hotel to anyonefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Enjoyed our visitfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice, but I can not rate as highly as othersfrom A TripAdvisor Member
best value in Washingtonfrom radio71
Hidden Treasurefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington
Open Bus Tour The open bus tour is a must, I was hear on business and have an evening appointment so spent the day on an open top bus tour looking at the sites, it's a must
Stay away from the SuperShuttle!! We booked the SuperShuttle, but it took us over two hours to travel the 35 miles from BWI to Dupont Circle -for $55 for the two of us. Much better to take the shuttle to the commuter rail, MARC train to Union Station and then Metro to your hotel. We did that on departure, and it took an hour and cost less than $15. Plus, we did not feel held captive by an unresponsive driver who played a religious music radio station, took illegal turns and refused to answer questions.
Kramerbrooks bookshop Dupont for breakfast Kramerbrooks bookshop Dupont for breakfast
Other names for Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel
- normandy hotel washington dc
- jurys normandy inn
- Address: 2118 Wyoming Ave Nw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20008 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Churchill Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard Washington Northwest Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Kalorama Guest House at Kalorama Park Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- The Westin Embassy Row Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Carlyle Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- The Windsor Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Wardman Park Marriott Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi