Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel
Read 291 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel
Short ride on Metro to Capitol Hillfrom justicelady
Well worth itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
If you stay, be sure to join Holiday Inn Priority Club prior to going. This entitled us to a complimentary cocktail each. Also got us a room upgrade just for the asking. The room was big. The front desk staff was very kind as were the restaurant staff. Only drawback was pay parking--$22/ day. But given the good hotel rate is was worth it and very convenient. The neighborhood is very pleasant and felt safe walking from the metro at night. The hotel was well kept, clean and well lit. I felt upscale at reasonable cost. The metro is a little bit of a walk but not bad and it was nice to see the neighborhoods. In Spring it would be ideal. Definitely would stay here again and would recommend it
This hotel is not too badfrom enjoytravel104
1. Jack's Famous Deli -- 1129 15th street NW ( about 3 blocks)open M-F 6am-4pm. It has self-serve breakfast $4.49/pound like sausage links, scramble eggs, grit and gravy, hashbrown, potatoes and etc. Also muffins, donuts. For lunch, it has variety of sandwiches.
2. Subway's --- a few feet away-- serve breakfast until 11am.
This #1 and 2 are on your left side if you go toward Metro from the hotel.
3. "7-11" store --1400 Rhode Island Ave. NW
4. Hamburger Marys -- in front of 7-11
5. A huge supermarket called "Whole Foods" just one block on P Street ( ask the front desk) --- a lot of stuffs.
The Metro is about 5 blocks straight and at first seemed too far but over time it got used to it.
This hotel is not too bad with the rate that I got.
The restaurant -- I called in order to carry out so that I don't have to pay room service and delivery charge, but when I went downstair to pick it up,
they included the 17% room service and some other charges. ( the food itself -which was good-- only $24.90--with tax and charges I paid a total of $33.42)
It was not a bad experience -- unless you try you will never know.
Good Luck. We love Washington,DC.
Great Family Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good quality high-end Holiday Innfrom KmarieC
We did take the metro the other days and the metro is easy but it is a long walk. Not like London or NYC where there are stops every few blocks. So you can't fault the hotel locatio entirely on the location. We also stayed at Georgetown Holiday Inn on this same trip and while the lobby and rooms were less elegant they did have a free shuttle to take you to the Foggybottom metro since that is the closet one to Georgetown which is like 2 mils from the hotel. So that saves some walking. See my review on that hotel and also Marriott Dulles Airport. We would definately stay at this Holiday Inn White House even with the long walks as it is a very good hotel. When we arrived only 2 of the 3 elevators were working and groups of youngsters so the first day was waiting and waiting for the elevators. But they fixed the other elevator quickly and with all three working and the groups gone, it was no problem. Nice front desk, good service, room cleaned on time. No problems. Nice experience for sure.
Good value for Money.from Rineen
Okay, but too far to metro/restaurantsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
A Nice Place to Stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Very Nicefrom lmmcclint
Solid Choicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington
Gadsby's Tavern Located in Alexandria, you can dine inexpensively and deliciously in the same tavern in which George Washington ate. Plus, the tavern in open even when the museum is closed (Monday).
Washington DC MetroRail Excellent You can't beat the MetroRail for getting around Washington, DC. It is inexpensive - just $6.50 US for a one-day pass. The stations are clean and fairly well-lit. The trains are fast, although there are sometimes minor delays. Signs are plentiful and easiily understood for those who speak English. You can get just about anywhere a tourist or business traveler might want to go safely and easily on the Metro.
Walk then Ride Walk down 15th street to the museums, etc. if the weather is nice. It's downhill. Take bus or metro back.
Other names for Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel
- washington dc holiday inn
- holiday inn washington dc
- holiday inn washington
- Address: 1501 Rhode Island Ave Nw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20005 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Central DC Hotel
- Doubletree Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Rouge Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Helix Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Homewood Suites Washington, DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard Washington Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Loews Hotel The Jefferson Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Westin Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Beacon Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Madison Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Washington Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn Vermont Avenue Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Topaz Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Donovan House Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Inn Downtown Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi