Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel
Excellent Locationfrom wscnsngl
The location is the best feature. Walking distance to most everything (3 blocks from White House!) and a convenient Metro line around the corner for those who don’t care to walk.
Eddie at the front desk is the greatest! The moment we first walked in the door he was helpful in offering us suggestions, maps and close dinner locations. He greeted us (and everyone else) by name every evening…don’t know how he could possibly remember all those names!
Juan at the lounge bar is a crack-up. He’s very friendly, funny, keeps the area tidy and makes an effort to talk to everyone, making one feel right at home.
The location is very safe. We felt very at ease walking back to the hotel late at night after an evening out.
Our room was always clean (although we did have to ask for washcloths once). The maids, bellhops and concierge, were all very friendly and greeted us with smiles.
Now the only negative comment – the Dining room…There is a reason why we would not eat at the Hotel. The staff was very RUDE, inattentive, and the service was worse than marginal. Twice I witnessed Juan, the bartender having to go find someone (a hostess, waitress, busboy, anyone) to come and seat persons who wished to dine. I saw people waiting an extensive period of time for their food to come, and also there was the girl who had to bring her roomservice order back down twice, because her food was wrong both times.
(A side comment: - the pool is TINY.)
All in all, I recommend this hotel to everyone. We will most certainly stay here again (however, we will definitely take advantage of the many other fantastic eating establishments around the hotel).
bad servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Hilton Garden Inn is a gem!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotel, Great Customer Service!!from A TripAdvisor Member
Good location, bad staff attitudesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Other annoyances: maid service was quite good except for the fact that our washcloths were removed every day and not replaced. Had to request washcloths twice and none ever arrived. Contemplated ripping up a towel into small pieces.
On the plus side, rooms were well-furnished and clean, and the restaurant was very good -- service there was excellent. All wait staff attentive and pleasant. Location of hotel also excellent - across the street from Metro stop and within walking distance of White House and Mall, with all the memorials and Smithsonian Buildings. I would stay here again for the reasons of cleanliness, convenience, and restaurant, but would assume the front desk staff would still be surly.
Basic hotel, bad customer servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
It is located in the financial district, which means most restaurants are expensive, and casual places (like Subway or Au Bon Pain) close early.
The hotel rooms are well furnished, with refridgerator, microwave, and hihg-speed internet access. There is also a business center on the first floor with computers for registered guests.
The hotel vending and ice machines are mostly broken. I believe management is well aware of the problem, and do not post "Out of service" signs to keep making $1.50 every time someone tries to buy a can of Coke. Don't bother calling the front desk to get your money back or a replacement coke. All they're willing to offer is water.
Given that there are plenty of other hotels in the area, I won't choose this one on my next trip to D.C.
t really want your car back, did you?from A TripAdvisor Member
After leaving our car double-parked in front for about 40 minutes, we were told that the hotel's lot was full, and our car would be parked in their "overflow" lot. We then innocently turned over our keys to the attendant. For the next three days we were treated to a hotel staff that at times made the Keystone Cops look competent. As a final treat, we waited for three hours for our car to be delivered on the day of our departure. Nice hotel. Just don't drive.
Good Family Hotelfrom travel_when?
Very good value- great locationfrom Greenbrook
Buyer bewarefrom tapeshare
Total chaos at check-in by the way. The help is understaffed and poorly trained. Laughably bad service service at the restaurant- skip it, there are better ones within walking distance.
Decent location and they have parking- may be OK value in off season but staff cannot handle busy times.
Top Local Tips for Washington
Using the metro The Washington DC metro is extremely user friendly, with clean stations and frequent service, during off peak hours. You can tell the locals from the tourists by the stops they get on and off (I am a tourist), but the trains are used by both and are generally well used. Unless you particularly want the challenge of learning how to navigate around diagonals and national landmarks, leave your car at home and take the Metro. Metro services National Airport (although a cab is quicker to downtown DC east of the White House), further eliminating the need for a car.
National Museum of Women in the Arts Don't miss the National Museum of Women in the Arts. It's not a Smithsonian or on the Mall, so it might not be on your list, but it should be. It will expand your experience and knowledge of women artists, and the building is a wonderful place for art. It's very close to the Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square and other hotels in that area.
Do the Segway tour! Awesome.
Other names for Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel
- washington dc hilton
- hilton washington dc
- hilton garden inn washington dc
- Address: 815 14th St Nw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20005 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hilton Garden Inn Franklin Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Hamilton Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Marriott Washington Metro Center Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Four Points by Sheraton Washington D C Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The Hay Adams Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- The St Regis Washington Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Downtown Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Donovan House Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Capital Hilton Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn Vermont Avenue Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- W Washington DC Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Washington Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Willard Inter Continental Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Embassy Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi