Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel
- Age Group: 41 - 50
- From: India
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 293 additional reviews of Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel
Adequate, at bestfrom JustUs0626
A few problems: the bathtub enamel was peeling in our tub, it looked yucky. Strangely the curtain rod was few inches short of the end of the window, and there was a parking lot with glaring sodium lights outside our room. I had to pull the curtains over and prop a book against them to block the light! Also a faint wintergreen-y smell greeted us, not at all pleasant. Sort of like denture cleaner or something.
The adjoining rooms occupied by the rest of our party didn't have these issues.
I would not likely stay here again, I like a little more comfort and amenity and would pay a little more to get it. If you're picky about the details go elsewhere.
But for under a hundred bucks in DC, I don't think you can ask for more than a clean room with a decent matress, and that's basically what you get at this Days Inn.
Here's hoping we all someday have the means to stay where we desire with price as no object!
Poor Stay BUT It Was Cheapfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Days Inn itself is a bearly passable property, that does seem to be undergoing some sort of renovations,(there were piles of old mattresses by the parking garage), but beyond the lobby, it was hard to see much progress. There were two rooms on the second floor that had no locks on the doors (nice secure feeling?) and one of the hallway electric panels had a cover that was hanging on by only one screw (good for small children to explore!).
We had booked a king bed room, but upon arrival the desk clerk acted like he didn't know what a king bed was, only saying to us "you have two double beds". The room itself was SMALL and with so much furniture stuffed in it that, it was clear there was no way for a maid to vacumm most of the carpeting (which may explain why it obviously had not been done lately)! The bathroom was old, but there was plenty of hot water and pressure. Towels were small but fine. The was lack of electric outlets, so that we couldn't have the clock plugged in next to to the bed and the coffee maker only worked when the foyer light switch was on. And to use the iron, we had to unplug the TV!
I guess we were luckier than some, as other family members attending the wedding went through 3-4 rooms each, before getting one they found acceptable. In fact, my brother and his family at one point were offered a room that had NO beds in it at all!
I must say for the $79 a night we paid, I had very low expectations and the Days Inns managed to not even meet these.
Horriblefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Disappointed by this Days Innfrom A TripAdvisor Member
go somewhere elsefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The main lobby was in good shape, although they stopped the improvements at the front desk. The exit doors to the parking garage and the stairwell were not redone. Once off of the elevator, the hallways were completely destroyed. Holes in the walls, spackle and wall debris on the floor and no hallway lighting led the way to our room.
The room inside was updated and intact. There weren't any holes in the wall, and the room itself was spacious. However, the bathroom was horrible! The toilet moved when you tried to use it (I guess it wasn't bolted down correctly), there were bugs climbing up the drains into the tub, and long, black hair all over the bathroom. Ew!
The only bright spot was the staff. They were all pleasant and knowledgable. They helped us a lot with directions.
My recommendation: Spend a little more and go somewhere nicer.
Not worth the moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good value for moneyfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good location: just two blocks from the Metro station (Van Ness). There is also now a new all-day restaurant just by the Metro station that serves a great breakfast buffet. It also has a bar for the evening - everything you need.
The Days Inn on Connecticut Ave met our needsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good Location, Great Pricefrom A TripAdvisor Member
d hate to see lower!from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Washington
National Zoo The Days Inn is one Metro stop away (or about a 30 minute walk) from the National Zoo. The Zoo, like all federal museums in Washington is FREE. You would not realize it, but the National Zoo is quite large and is famous, of course, for its Panda exhibit. Its one of a very few zoos in the world that is home to the Panda Bear. Take advantage of the parking at the Days Inn- leave your car at the hotel and either walk or Metro down to the Zoo and enjoy.
transportaion metro is excellent!
monument tickets Make sure you pick up ticket for the washington monument the day before you want to go visit it. They only offer limited numbers. Also, the national archives takes in a limited number of people at at time so prepare ahead.
Other names for Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel
- washington dc days inn
- days inn washington dc
- days inn connecticut ave washington dc
- connecticut avenue days inn
- Address: 4400 Connecticut Avenue - Washington - District of Columbia - 20008 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Connecticut Avenue Days Inn Hotel
- Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
- Windsor Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
- Kalorama Guest House at Kalorama Park Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Jurys Normandy Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- Wardman Park Marriott Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
- The Churchill Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 3.8 km / 2.4 mi
- Courtyard Washington Northwest Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
- The Westin Embassy Row Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Carlyle Suites Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Hilton Embassy Row Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott Dupont Circle Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 4.4 km / 2.8 mi
- Radisson Washington Dc Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
- The Windsor Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 4.3 km / 2.7 mi
- The Dupont Hotel Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
- The Mansion on O Street Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 4.6 km / 2.8 mi