Capitol Skyline Hotel, Washington
Reviews - Capitol Skyline Hotel
Read 293 additional reviews of Capitol Skyline Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Washington
Historical Traveller Reviews of Capitol Skyline Hotel
Shared an elevator with a hookerfrom A TripAdvisor Member
fine if you carry a gun, wear a face mask, and like vintage elevatorsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
It's in a flat out dangerous part of town. If you don't have a car for a quick escape please don't stay here. There are homeless people and druggies all around the place, with the constant roar of sirens through the night.
The place is planely unkempt. Everything is dirty and smells old, paint is old, elevators are old and one is not working. The smell and sights of getting to your room make you wonder when a rat will run accross your shoe. But, once you get to your room it's just almost acceptable.
They had a service elevator running for guests so I got a first hand view of the laundry and physical plant, and of the backside of the kitchen for the cafe. None of this was anything less than a filthy smelly mess.
I will not rebook a room here until Juliani becomes mayor of DC, and clears the criminals from this area, and until the hotel dumps about 20 million into renovating this stinker.
Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Upon check-in I was treated with utter rudeness by a front desk clerk. He did not seem to want to help me or answer any of my questions. When checking out, I complained to the Manager on Duty with regard to the treatment I received upon check in. He said he would address my concerns. Which was appreciated. The worst of all, I was charged $100 on my Master Card for a missing keyboard from my room - after I had checked out. I tried dealing with management on this issue but was shunned away and my concerns were never addressed. I was simply told that a housekeeper reported the keyboard missing. The fact is, I attended a conference to represent my school and I used a Master Card to pay for incidentals. If I was to steal something from the room, I would not have given my credit card information or any type of contact information. Hello?? My impression of the business and management of the Best Western Capitol Skyline is completely the worst thing that ever happened to me as a guest in a hotel.
Hotel good, surroundings badfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Veterans of big cities will not be scared of this stuff. I walked down to the Chinese restaurant and so forth, no trouble, but I doubt I would have done it after dark. If you're from a small town in Iowa book elsewhere unless you understand to get off your tour bus, go in the hotel and only leave to get back on the bus or in a cab. Cabs are also really cheap from here as you are very close. The restaurant had all new staff and was not yet smooth, but the food was OK and they were trying very hard. Staff was courteous and helpful. SO- not bad at the price, but if you like to stroll around at night, book out in the 'burbs.
hotel in the hoodfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Its a long walk from Navy yard metro to the hotel. 15 minutes and you have to cross the busy highway.
Well I am sure I saw a rat in the bushes outside the hotel eating a thrown away Big Mac., Welcome to the Capitol Skyline Hotel.
Ok the place has seen better days, I imagined it was build by the mob in the 60's . The staff were ok, and not even a little bit rude. I arrived two days after Thansgiving.
The wind outside my hotel room on the sixth floor, rattled the loose plane of glass, all night. The room wasnt cold, the air con heater was on full blast. Bed was clean and comfortable, don't forget to it the maid.
Breakfast, $8 all you can eat buffet, ok Tramps and hobos across the way not so ok. It was well, c-c-c-cold. 1 foot of snow outside so it made all the hobos seek a warmer place.
Important: There are only two pedestrian routes to get to DC from the Capitol Skyline Hotel .
First via the Navy yard metro, across busy freeway past the gas station and KFC. The other pedestrian route is next to the park towards the Capitol, through an under pass under the freeway. There was a mini shanty town under the freeway , but its high up
The route on foot to the Capitol is very isolated its a straight walk to the underpass, plenty of places were a person could get mugged or worse. The sidewalk leads up to the capitol via the power station. I did walk this way twice after 4pm at dusk, I would not recommend this however. I doubt this route is well used and its pretty deserted. I didn't get harassed, but perhaps I was just lucky.
However, there are lots a Capitol Cops on Patrol, so its not all bad. I am sure theres a fair bit of drug dealing going on next to the gas station.
The only food places open in the evening were KFC and MickyD all week, bleah.
You get what to pay for, the hotel was cheap. I did see alot of DC and all the museums and Smithonian are great , and easy to get to.
A Real Dumpfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not what I expected on more than one levelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Stay here ONLY if you must.
What a BEAUTIFUL hotel....from A TripAdvisor Member
I definately recommend this hotel.
A great place to stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Everything about the hotel was nice and the price that I paid was well worth it. I would highly recoommend this hotel to anyone traveling to a metropolitan city. A great buy in a great hotel.
Amazing Changes This Hotel is on its Wayfrom jeannevan
Top Local Tips for Washington
Transport Get walking! We found we walked miles in Washington DC and saw so much at the same time. With a bit of planning and a comprehensive map, so many monuments and places of interest were within walking distance of each other.
Bring your walking shoes. Alot to see but alot of walking to see it all so bring comfortable shoes. Scout restaurants beforehand. Not too many places to eat by the monuments so plan it out beforehand.
DC Circulator Check out the DC circulator. Cheap and convenient
Other names for Capitol Skyline Hotel
- washington dc best western
- hotel capitol skyline
- capitol skyline washington dc
- best western washington dc
- Address: 10 I St Sw - Washington - District of Columbia - 20024-4299 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Capitol Skyline Hotel
- Courtyard Washington Capitol Hill/Navy Yard Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Residence Inn by Marriott East Street Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Capitol Hill Suites Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Capitol Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- L'Enfant Plaza Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- The Liaison Capitol Hill, An Affinia Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Washington Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- The Hotel George Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Phoenix Park Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2 km / 1.2 mi
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Courtyard Washington Convention Center Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Red Roof Washington Downtown Hotel Washington DC, District of Columbia Distance: 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel Washington, District of Columbia Distance: 2.7 km / 1.7 mi