Radisson Hotel, New London
Reviews - Radisson Hotel
Read 154 additional reviews of Radisson Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in New London
Historical Traveller Reviews of Radisson Hotel
Nothing to get excited about.from stoweagle
never want to stay here again!from melcunnin
very nice budget hotelfrom VegasVacationer
This hotel needs a renovationfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Ok hotel in a bad areafrom Elisa_Guercio
Our reservation was for a room with a king size sleep number bed. Of course we got two double regular beds. So as soon as we got to the room I tried calling the front desk. A waste of time. Nobody picked up. So I had to go down to the reception and request in person another room. I also asked the girl there why nobody picked up the phone, and she answered "we're very busy right now" pointing at the few people checking in. She changed the room but specified that with online bookings they just assign whatever room is available, no matter what choice the person had made online. I agree, but since my first choice was available I don't understand why they didn't give it to me. Oh well.
Next best thing that happened was at shower time, as soon as I pulled the curtains of the shower to the side I found four different beauty products and plastic shampoo bottles from the previous guest right on the bath tub. I didn't even bother complaining about it.
And the last night we wanted to order room service, well we couldn't since the restaurant number was busy for over 30 minutes, so we had to go down to the restaurant to eat, which by the way was completely empty, again a mystery why they were on the phone so much... how about call waiting?
On a last note, the area is not good, very run down, a lot of weird looking people roaming the streets. I would not stay there again.
Nothing specialfrom golfer29
The pool was closed while I was there.
Breakfast was quite good. Wireless internet was $10/day
Did not receive wake up call - same for a few others at the reception desk.
I'm not sure what else is in the area but it's unlikely that I would stay here again
Did the job!from iciejan
No problems checking in with the receptionist being helpful and polite.
Got a non-smoking double bedded room without any bother (booked via Priceline so always grateful for a hassle free check in!).
Room clean if a little on the small side for the 3 of us.
Had dinner in the restaurant which was very tasty and good value (bit strange as we were the only people in there at 7.30pm!).
Swimming pool off the main lobby looked okay with quite a few children using it.
Certainly handy for the harbour with boats going to a variety of places. 10 minute walk tops. Nice to sit on the front and watch the boats come in and go.
Train station just by the harbour with a regular service both up to Boston and down to New York.
Couple of malls within a 15 minute drive as the hotel was very convenient to the main highways.
Large Rooms, Beds and pillows uncomfortable, bad neighborhood.from A TripAdvisor Member
Not very Nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for New London
Nathan Hale Schoolhouse Visit and hear a surprising amount of local history that will make your day. Donations accepted and the some items for purchase. Stay and listen to the life of Nathan Hale and look at the flags, the artifacts, and more. Great stop in New London!
Lots to see Plenty of good food in area restaurants and lots of hole in the wall pubs which are nice on the inside. Check out all the historical places, fort, etc.etc. The houses are great to ride around and look at. The Sub Base is really cool to see. Mystic is a GREAT place to see also. Lots and lots to do.
screwy highways! use the directions to the casinos the hotel provides! there is NO southbound exit from I95 to I395! or vice versa coming back!
Other names for Radisson Hotel
- radisson new london
- new london radisson
- Address: 35 Governor Winthrop Blvd - New London - Connecticut - 6320 - United States
Hotels Near Radisson Hotel
- Red Roof Inn Hotel New London, Connecticut Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Best Western Olympic Inn Hotel Groton, Connecticut Distance: 3 km / 1.9 mi
- The Spa at Norwich Inn Hotel Norwich, Connecticut Distance: 15.5 km / 9.6 mi
- Ramada Inn Norwich Mystic Hotel Norwich, Connecticut Distance: 16.3 km / 10.1 mi
- Hilltop Inn and Suites Hotel North Stonington, Connecticut Distance: 19.9 km / 12.4 mi
- Courtyard by Marriott Hotel Norwich, Connecticut Distance: 21.6 km / 13.4 mi
- Sole East Hotel Montauk, New York Distance: 38.4 km / 23.9 mi
- Beachcomber Resort Hotel Montauk, New York Distance: 39 km / 24.2 mi
- Sunset Beach Hotel Shelter Island Heights, New York Distance: 38.8 km / 24.1 mi
- Nathan Hale Inn and Conference Center Hotel Storrs, Connecticut Distance: 50.3 km / 31.3 mi
- Camelot Inn Hotel Wethersfield, Connecticut Distance: 58.1 km / 36.1 mi
- Hampton Inn Hotel Meriden, Connecticut Distance: 58.3 km / 36.2 mi
- Extendedstay Meriden Hotel Meriden, Connecticut Distance: 58.4 km / 36.3 mi
- Comfort Inn & Suites Hartford Hotel Meriden, Connecticut Distance: 58.7 km / 36.5 mi
- Comfort Suites West Warwick Hotel West Warwick, Rhode Island Distance: 60.7 km / 37.7 mi