The Huntley Hotel, Santa Monica
Reviews - The Huntley Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
- Age Group:
- Traveller type: Family Traveller
Read 347 additional reviews of The Huntley Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Monica
Historical Traveller Reviews of The Huntley Hotel
Love It!from coopersmom
The rooms were quite spacious,extremely clean with nice ammenities and awesome 42" plasma TV. Most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Even my hard to please teens were impressed with this hotel! Would most definitely stay here again.
Loved it!!!!from LJA26
The rooms were spacious and modern, with the biggest most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. They also had a HUGE plasma TV on the wall where you could watch your own DVD's - nice touch!
The bathroom was nice and bright with the most amazing shower in it, Molten Brown goodies (the ladies will appreciate this) and bathrobe and slippers.
The hotel was in a good location - it was a quick walk to loads of restaurants (PF Changs was good for Chinese) and it is not too far to drive to Universal Studios.
The little shop in the lobby was great if you just wanted a light breakfast of tea and a toasted bagel - the staff were really friendly and they served proper breakfast tea (an important point for an English person!!)
My one complaint was the valet parking - the hotel was expensive enough and we then had to pay extra for valet (although it was nice and easy the way you could just drop your car off, we resented the "hidden extra").
All in all, I would defintely recommend this hotel. We were sorry to leave it.
Loved the Friendly and Service Oriented Stafffrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooftop restaurant serves excellent food, and good service, while enjoying a delicious meal in a relaxed atmosphere, one can enjoy the scenery too.
It is also very close to very nice local shops and boutiques. All in all a very excellent and unforgettable experience.
Unbeleivabley Great Experiancefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This hotel is two minutes walk to the promenade on 3rd street which has become a hot spot of los Angeles with many attractions and a very trendy crowd.
This hotel has very tastefully remodeled rooms with 42" plasma TVs and one of the most comfortable beds that I have slept in. Some of the rooms are as good as suites with great ocean views huge closets and bathrooms which makes the stay in this hotel a great experiance. The staff are very courtious and friendly who welcome you very pleasently and will attend to your needs with great efficiency. The rooftop resturant is a unique treat day or night. I give this great and unique hotel 5 stars and highly recommend it for a business trip or vacation with the family.
Loved the Modern Decor at Huntleyfrom PinkChic
Great room!from Lpanz
Had breakfast on the top floor restaurant and was very pleased. Valet parking was $18/night which I thought was a bit much, but got a pretty good price on Hotels.com which made up for that.
I am going back this week - that should tell you something.from emd1
Let me get this out up front - the hotel is not perfect. But then, what is in Santa Monica? There are higher priced hotels right on the beach but they are further from the happening area of 3rd St. Promenade and downtown Santa Monica. What I appreciated is that when I had problems, the staff took them very seriously and corrected them to my satisfaction, and they followed up w/me too.
1) Location, location, location. After a day of work or sightseeing in LA, who wants to sit in their room at night. Here, you can walk 3-5 min. and go to one of about 30 restaurants, shop, people watch.
2) Great new decor. Cool lobby area. Loved the room. Classic style, not too trendy but just cool enough and relaxing colors of gold, green, deep beige, white, black. Bathrms. small overall (big enough only for one person at a time) but nice tan marble and big walk in showers (no tubs; this is not a hotel for those w/small kids). Nice lighting in the room, w/dimmer adjusters on table lamps.
3) That nice big 42 inch plasma TV on the wall. I stayed at a hotel right after this one with a regular TV and it was such a let down.
4) Comfy bed w/great Italian linens and cushy pillows.
5) Some rooms like mine (double queens) have big walk in closets with a dresser in the closet. Easy to use safe also, which I used daily.
6) Great bar on the 18th floor. WOW sunset views, and good happy hour food specials and drinks. I did not try the restaurant, but it also has a great view on 18th floor (and it was busy each night I went to the bar).
7) Room service 24 hrs with very good variety and number of offerings at each meal.
8) Valet parking is quick and easy for both drop off and retrieval. Typical fee for most good Santa Monica hotels.
9) Staff is friendly and knew my name and responded to me. They never blew me off and or had an attitude. This is very imprtant in a hotel in the L.A. area.
10) Nice touches for busines traveler in the rm., like plugs on the base of the table lamp and desk lamp, so no struggling to find outlets.
11) Very good high signal wireless access (for a fee, but that is better to me than a no-fee low signal access.)
12) Rooms on 3 sides of the hotel have some ocean view. Mine was a side view but the ocean part of that view was just a block away.
13) Quiet rooms. I am a light sleeper and frequently have trouble w/noise. I was not far from the elevator in this hotel and I slept great, heard no "dings" at all. I see someone noted the clicks when the AC kicks in but that didn't bother me. Could not hear people in the adjacent rms.
14) Heavy drapes that block out the sun to sleep.
15) Sony dream machine CD player clock radio w/great radio reception. DVD player (did not use it).
1) This is an old building and although they have done a great job renovating, the infrastructure is old. The plumbing is great, no problem with water pressure or hot water. But the AC is a problem on higher floors. I was on 17th floor for 2 nights and my rm. was stifling hot, 80 degrees. Engineer came each day and did something to bring it down to 76 but it went back up. Moved to 16th floor, no better. Ended up on 12th floor; it was cool and fine there. Once I got in the 12th fl. rm., the desk clerk called to make sure I was happy.
2) Hallways on 17th floor are not yet renovated, but I was told that this is the only area not renovated.
3) Room Service kinks. One morning it took an hr. When I complained, they gave it to me free. Another time I was charged the wrong price (significantly, like $20 over). When I called down after realizing it, they corrected it and brought me the incorrect bill to rip up. The food was good (breakfast each day and dinner two nights) and they did correct the problems.
Overall, it was a good, relaxing experience. The staff cared about my stay. I am going back for another 7 nights this week.
Huntley is pretty sweetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Last time I was there it was still run by Radisson. They changed the carpet and some design/decor elements, and have made it a little more 'hip'.
Probably will stay there for all my LA trips (if the co. wont put me up in the 4 Seasons) All in all, its pretty sweet.
Not great...from tenniscandi
Top Local Tips for Santa Monica
3rd Street Promonade The 3rd Street Promonade has everything you are looking for. Food, shopping, entertainment. It is a great place to walk around.
Lago Italian Restaurant It's way overpriced and quite frankly, just average.
CUPCAKES Yummy cupcakes on Wilshire between third ad fourth - cupcakes so divine you will lose all sense of space and time!
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near The Huntley Hotel
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- The Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Embassy Hotel Apartments Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel Oceana Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Georgian Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Ocean Lodge Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
- Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- The Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.5 km / 1 mi
- Shutters on the Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi