Pacific Sands Motel Hotel, Santa Monica
Review - Pacific Sands Motel Hotel
There are currently no reviews for Pacific Sands Motel Hotel. Been here? Write a review
Historical Traveller Reviews of Pacific Sands Motel Hotel
How annoyingfrom SueCalico
I have visited Hellvillefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I have never ever seen such filth, the carpet was so sticky that I almost lost the soles of my trainers.
Just avoid this place like the plague, in-fact this place is so filthy that the plague could start up again, this time in Santa Monica.
If you have ever seen the toilet scene in the film "Train spotting" then you have a picture of what this motel is like.
Honeymoonersfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I Survived a Night in the Pacific Sands Motel!!from A TripAdvisor Member
I still shudder when I think of this place...from A TripAdvisor Member
We spent 4 weeks in the US and travelled all over California and this place is still one of the most vivid memories I have of that holiday. I cannot describe exactly how disgusting the rooms were - dirt in the rooms and mould in the bathroom. The TV was broken and the door didn't lock properly. After one night we decided to leave ( we were booked for 3 nights ). The manager told us that we couldn't get a refund because we paid up-front. We moved to a Comfort Inn ( which I remember being about 1 mile from the oceanfront ) and it was like heaven compared to this dump.
Do yourself a huge favor - stay avaw from this dive.
is rightfrom A TripAdvisor Member
No deadbolts on the doors, the back unit is infested with bugs and gang graffiti (yes, inside) all over the walls. There is a serious stink to the rooms, pulled up lanoleum flooring, trickling water, windows that are broken or won't open, cigarette burns everywhere. The staff is very unhelpful when you see the rooms...it's GHETTO. Don't do it. The price is what is alluring, but I would never, ever ask my family to stay in a place that is bug infested, unsafe and makes my luggage and stuff easy prey for theives. If you do go, DEMAND a room in the front unit, keep your valuables in the trunk of your car, take your own sheets and towells and put a chair up against the door for safety. Yeah, it's cheap but it will ruin your vacation or stay if you end up here. You can't put a price on safety and health issues.
The Worst. Absolutely disgraceful.from A TripAdvisor Member
It really IS that BAD!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
We found this place over the internet but I was unaware of this website at the time and the description given on Yahoo & others seemed harmless. The motel was located right by the boardwalk and we thought we were getting a bargain, but of course we later found our it was too good to be true. So we found this place the evening we arrived in Santa Monica. We were given a room in the Annex (which is a detached separate building containing rooms in the back a block away) and paid $60/night.
I don't know how the rooms in the front are, but the ones in the back look like a total dump! I am a person that is not too picky. I don't ask for a place too fancy, too big, or anemities. The most important quality in my list is CLEANINESS and this was the dirtiest, filthiest, most gruesome place that I have ever stayed at!!!
My only advice to you as someone has already mention: Request to look at the place before you pay a single penny because once it gets into their hands, you're not getting it back.
For those that have already made the mistake of paying, I suggest you file a complaint with the appropriate government agency and let's hope that someone else does not edure what we had to.
Not to bad at allfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Santa Monica
Go there for the beaches and the restaurants, stay elsewhere. Santa Monica is such a beautiful, LA kind of experience. You must go there. Try the all you can eat sushi bar, walk on the promenade and the pier. Then before the sun goes down, get the heck out and stay somewhere clean and safe - no! Not Venice Beach! That's even worse! Stay in West L.A. or Beverly Hills, or Bel Aire. Stay away from Hollywood. All the locals know its a ghetto 'cause people in the know understand that Culver City and BH is where the movies are really made!
Santa Monica is great for tourists I just loved my stay in Santa Monica!!!
Many things to see You can go to the beach, walk along popular Third Street Promenande, take sightseeing bus tours and see Los Angeles, Universal Studios,Disneyland!!!
Other names for Pacific Sands Motel Hotel
- pacific sands santa monica
- pacific sands motel
- pacific sands hotel
- Address: 1515 Ocean Ave - Santa Monica - California - 90401 - United States
Hotels Near Pacific Sands Motel Hotel
- Georgian Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Ocean Lodge Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- The Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Shutters on the Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Santa Monica, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Embassy Hotel Apartments Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi