Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa, Santa Monica
Reviews - Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Monica
Historical Traveller Reviews of Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa
A Gemfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The Valet staff are great, I truely felt pampered. Room service was very fast, and friendly. Great location. Two thumbs up.
Excellence Delivered!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great L.A. informality, but still invested in giving a high level of service. Le Merigot offers true fine dining. Check-in was easy, and we were given an upgrade. Tasteful room was as silent as a vault, and included a several luxurious amenities. Room service was excellent and timely. Highly recommended.
s the little details that matter ...from A TripAdvisor Member
Fab!from A TripAdvisor Member
First rate rooms, nice little touchesfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Just Back, loved itfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Too bad the wall surrounding the balcony completely blocked the view when you sat down. We ate breakfast only and the food and service was very good. My wife enjoyed the spa, and the machines in the gym were all in good working order. We had our evening cocktails at Shutters as the view was better. The staff was very helpful but the concierge directed us to a shopping street that had nothing but mall-like stores.
Got us a table at Michaels and we enjoyed a very nice meal- made up for the poor shopping tips.
Top Notch..from ab5ster
This is an upscale hotel, things liking parking and the spa are going to be expensive. If you are on a budget stay somewhere else, if your not this is the place.
Wonderful Experiencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Potentially Wonderful but there are some Problemsfrom alliebdive
The spa was extremely expensive. I have used spas in many hotels and on cruise ships and this one was outrageous. A pity because if it had been about 1/2 the price, I would have booked several treatments. The service around the pool was hard to come by and extremely slow. 40 minutes for a drink. Well over an hour for food - well over an hour.
That's not acceptable in a hotel of this standard. The prices of food and drink were ridiculous too - but I expected that. We had 4 sodas at the pool and our bill was $21. We had a pot of coffee for two in our room one morning when we'd missed the free service at it was $15 (no cookies or anything either). It was crazy because it actually put you off using their services. Worst of all though was the parking. It was a scandal. $26 plus tax per night. We ended up parking in a public multistory in town about 7 minutes walk away rather than pay it. It was more expensive for guests to park here than the Beverly Hills Hotel Visitors Valet Parking - and that's a fact. The other really bad thing was the cost of bottled water. This was wierd. They give you free bottles of water in your room. They give you free bottles of water around the spa and gym. They give you free bottles of water as you leave the hotel each day. BUT, don't take one of the SAME bottles of water from your room fridge, cos if you do it will cost you a cool $9.75 per bottle. Santa Monica is fab though. Wonderful clean beach, loads of restaurants, fantastic shopping. We would very much recommend eating at Shatzi on Main. Arnie used to own it apparently. Fantastic atmosphere, great food and drink and best of all very reasonable.
Please try it, you won't regret it.
very poor staff servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Santa Monica
jogging a long jog on the poedestrian walkway along the beach to venice beach is excellent - but only do it in daylight!
Bike to Venice Beach Go to the beach, rent a bicycle and cycle to Venice Beach for all fo its tacky fun scene with the shops, street performers, beach scene. It is a blast.Third Street Promenade on a Saturday morning for the farmer's market and on a Saturday night for the street performers.
Great shooping at Main St & around Third St If you want to go shopping, then go to Main St. It takes ages as it's such a long road but loads of bargains and non-chain shops to grab individual items, gifts (All prices catered for) Also, you must hang out and shop around Third St, lots of late night shopping, dining and atmosphere. Very safe and friendly even very late at night.
Other names for Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa
- santa monica marriott
- marriott santa monica
- jw marriott santa monica
- Address: 1740 Ocean Ave - Santa Monica - California - 90401 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Shutters on the Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Ocean Lodge Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The California Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Georgian Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- The Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
- Embassy Hotel Apartments Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi