Embassy Hotel Apartments, Santa Monica
Reviews - Embassy Hotel Apartments
Read 236 additional reviews of Embassy Hotel Apartments at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Monica
Historical Traveller Reviews of Embassy Hotel Apartments
Beautiful historic place with perfect locationfrom ToneOslo_Norway
Tranquil retreatfrom JonoBaker
Great if you are tired of the chains!from joelbra
Basic but Nicefrom LAtoLVTraveler
We had the smallest room possible which had a coffee maker and very good coffee. There is really no service after 5 pm. The price is right for this location and the room was very clean and quiet.
We would stay here again because of its' convenience and quiet location. We ate at Lago a great Italian restaurant on the 3rd ST. Promenade and a deli on Montana Ave that was awesome.
lovely, European-style hotel with an old California feelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The entry courtyard is filled with wonderful, good smelling flowers and plants and tall old trees. Upon entering, you can tell the place has been around a while andis probably past its heyday, but it feels very authentic in an old-school Hollywood kind of way. The room I was in was huge with big windows, super high ceilings with dark wood beams, and a big wrought iron bed. It had a full kitchen and seating area with dishes, pots and pans, fridge and coffee maker.
The ocean is three blocks away, the shopping Promenade two blocks away, and there is a back courtyard (not huge) with a fountain, benches and table. I was on my own and wishing that friends were along to hang out with here! I'd recommend it to anyone.
Note to singles - at night, the street is a bit dark around the hotel, but I walked it on my own and didn't encounter any shady characters.
An Oasis of peace and tranquility in Santa Monicafrom Sheepshearer
Musty and Possibly Hauntedfrom ltp_tango
Unfortunately, the photos make the place look better than it does in person. We came to look at it around 5:30 PM one night. No one was available to let us into the lobby, ask questions, etc. The manager was not at the location, and would not be back until sometime the next morning. We were able to look around inside the lobby by entering with the permission of one of the guests.
The lobby was very old and musty. It smelled terrible...like mothballs and dust. There was a very old, very bad condition piano in the lobby, and everything just looked very old and dated. The place had a "haunted" feel about it...very weird.
Also, as others have mentioned and as the hotel will tell you, you have to park on the street, and it is VERY difficult to find available parking, which would be a pain if you were staying there.
I am glad we stayed at the Sheraton instead of here. I'm not a snob, but the hotel was a bit too shabby and worn for my tastes.
Not just another boring hotel roomfrom nonanolet
didnt even want to get past reservations!!!from trisheeb100
I tried booking for our summer trip, July 2005. The Manager gave me a rate, however informed me that rates would go up June 1. I explained i would be booking and confirming with a Visa card, would that not gurantee me my rate, as in most hotels, and he said no it would not, if i booked now, he would charge me more!!
any hotel that treats potential customers like that, i hae to agree with the other reviewers, service would suck and the stay could be awful.
Dont bother, there are plenty of other, courteous places eager to take your business...
Wonderful stay at the Embassyfrom DouglasCarlisle_UK
Two moans they do not have a carpark & parking on the street can be a pain & there is no pool but saying that if you want something different with a slice of style then this is for you. Next time we are in LA we are going to stay here, teriffic stay.
Top Local Tips for Santa Monica
Buses Take the bus if you are trying to stick to a budget in LA. They are cheap, reliable and made it easy to get around. They were also not crowded, it seems that not many people use them!
Travel to and from Airport Santa Monica has a very good bus transportation system. Its called the Big Blue Bus. Take the Number 3 Big Blue Bus from the Aiport.
Leave the car at home. Parking seems to be an issue. Leave the car at home and use your feet or taxis - one less thing to worry about.
Other names for Embassy Hotel Apartments
- embassy hotel santa monica
- Address: 1001 Third St - Santa Monica - California - 90403 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Embassy Hotel Apartments
- Cal Mar Hotel Suites Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Huntley Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Oceana Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- The Fairmont Miramar Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Shangri la Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Georgian Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Santa Monica Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
- Ocean Lodge Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Doubletree Guest Suites Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Le Merigot A JW Marriott Hotel & Spa Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1 mi
- The Channel Road Inn Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
- The Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Shutters on the Beach Hotel Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Four Points Hotel by Sheraton Santa Monica, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi