Santa Barbara Inn Hotel
Reviews - Santa Barbara Inn Hotel
Read 255 additional reviews of Santa Barbara Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Barbara
Historical Traveller Reviews of Santa Barbara Inn Hotel
s all truefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Overprice and disappointingfrom lindacooper
Great placefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not worth the pricefrom GuanMia
Over priced, run down, beautiful locationfrom mmcmilla
The hotel, which I rode past on my bike to school nearly every day for about 6 years, is in a wonderful location -- at the bottom of Milpas on the ocean front Cabrillo Blvd. The beautiful Pacific Ocean is literally just across the street.
However, the hotel is overpriced and under-maintained. The elevators were out of order, the hotel lobby was sparce, the bathrooms were at least 30 years old, and furnishings and carpeting were quite dated. We got stuck in the back looking over the parking (valet only) and construction dumpsters, where the chirp-chirp of locking/unlocking cars went on until 11:00 p.m. (No AC in the rooms.) Guests are also greeted to the loud train whistles several times each evening -- the tracks are maybe only a 100-150 yards away.
A free Continental breakfast is included with the room charge, though it is most basic: coffee and muffins.
I won't ever stay at the SB Inn again, and I'd recommend against the place to any friends.
Santa Barbara Inn...Disappointing, but OK.from LynnInColorado
Pool and hot-tub were clean and pleasant, although towels not kept stocked. Free continental breakfasts were fine with a nice view of the water, but trays would have been helpful as we had our grandson with us and had to make multiple trips to get everything needed. There was often no greeter and people would sit in the wrong section and then have to move. Really a fend for yourself affair some of the time.
Most of our meals revolved around a family wedding, but we enjoyed our one dinner to ourselves at the Brown Pelican...Quieter on-the-water location than places near the hotel. Maybe a 20 minute drive. Casual and kid-friendly but great food for the adults! Santa Barbara is a beautiful place!
One of the lucky onesfrom Jaea
Despite our good fortune, we wouldn't return to Santa Barbara Inn today because it has become overpriced. The August 05 rate for a suite is $369 -- on a weekday! The $279 regular room rate is outrageous for this hotel. When we stayed here two years ago, the regular rate was about $150, so prices here have more than doubled since then!
Dinner at Citronelle was yummy but pricey.
To put it simply, the hotel's Web site portrays a look and feel of luxuriousness that the property doesn't live up to.
Just BADfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Just awfulfrom asha
Overpricedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Santa Barbara
Wine country day trip from Santa Barbara Santa Barbara is becoming more and more well known for its wines. The movie "Sideways" really shot the Los Olivos/Buellton/Solvang area out of obscurity and a day trip to the area is easy and worth it. I prefer going up the 101 Hwy rather than the "pass" by Lake Cachuma. Once you drive out of Santa Barbara you will get a glimpse of how California was 100 years ago. Stop by Refugio state park for a quick dip in the ocean as it is a beautiful little beach. Take the turn off into Buellton and see the 2 restaurants featured in the movie almost side by side. Meander through Solvang to Los Olivos. Keep an eye out for a little sign saying Lavender Farm at Roblar Avenue, turn right and visit Clairmont Farms at 2480 Roblar Avenue a family owner, organic lavender farm. Breathe deep and enjoy the beauty! Into Los Olivos there are a number of good restaurants to have lunch. Stop by Global Gardens on Alamo Pintado Avenue for a unique olive oil tasting experience!
Eat here! Go to Vespucci's (Italian food) on State St. Order the ravioli sampler and flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sause for dessert--yummy! Take the local trolly bus to get there (25 cents).
Santa Barbara Inn, the Hidden Gem of the west coast Ask the staff about local deals and restaurants. On our trip we were so happy one of the staff reccommended going to a local "not so well known" but great dining establishments at the pier near the Hotel. He even mentioned the specials and how to get a discount! So ask and you shall get the "local" advice on where to eat!
Other names for Santa Barbara Inn Hotel
- santa barbara inn
- santa barbara hotel
- Address: 901 E Cabrillo Blvd - Santa Barbara - California - 93103 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Santa Barbara Inn Hotel
- The Old Yacht Club Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Mar Monte Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Inn at East Beach Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Fess Parkers Doubletree Resort Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Harbor View Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
- Casa Del Mar Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Marina Beach Motel Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- Harbor House Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- Eagle Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
- West Beach Inn Coast Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- The Franciscan Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Hotel Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
- Castillo Inn at the Beach Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
- Mason Beach Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.2 km / 1.4 mi