Ramada Limited Hotel, Santa Barbara
Reviews - Ramada Limited Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 488 additional reviews of Ramada Limited Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Barbara
Historical Traveller Reviews of Ramada Limited Hotel
bang for a buckfrom NYC999
Outstanding Servicefrom VegasTraveller1
well done Ramada Inn, Santa Barbarafrom StephenEngland
Walked Outfrom tcamarato
Worst experience ever. Never again.from KeepItTogether
Avoid this place, 1 star dive motel, what a rip off.
Good Valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The People Make the Differencefrom A TripAdvisor Member
This time was special as we and our relatives had five rooms for my daughter's graduation celebration.
After dinner Saturday night, we were looking for a place to sit and vist. The Ramada Inn Manager, Penny, accomodated us by providing a perfect spot to congregate.
When we returned to let her know we were calling it a night, we discovered she and her staff had rescued my sister's family dog that had escaped from the car she was locked in.
They literally saved the day as the loss of "Lucy" would have ruined the evening and colored a wonderful event.
This is a case where the staff definitely made the difference and we are grateful.
Wonderful, caring personnel--took time to make our stay GREAT!from A TripAdvisor Member
1) After dinner in Santa Barbara, we wanted to sit and chat with about 15 relatives. Penny, the manager that evening, was extremely understanding of our needs and allowed our group to use one of the conference rooms for no extra charge as long as we didn't eat or drink anything and we put the chairs back as they were so that they could serve breakfast in that room the next morning. This is someone who could have been uptight and by-the-book--instead, she made our family reunion easy and pleasurable...and left us with a wonderful feeling about this Ramada.
2) When we came back to tell her we were finished using the room, we discovered that Penny and the other front desk personel had rescued a dog that had gotten out of one of the relative's cars. A dog that would have surely run into the street or run off. Not only did they rescue the dog--they fed her and made 25 phone calls to the number on her tag, the sheriff and animal control in an effort to find her owner! Our whole event would have been wrecked, had the dog disappeared or been hit by a car. Instead, it was kept safe by this extremely caring staff.
Our hats are off to this most wonderful group in Santa Barbara. We highly recommend this hotel--not only for the lovely grounds and comfortable rooms but for the kind and resourceful personnel. Bravo!
Could be better, could be worsefrom jessrkim
* Loved the breakfast. It included waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, english muffins, coffee, juice, fruit, milk, and breakfast pastries.
* Great location. Right off the freeway. It was perfect for us because it was halfway between the Bacara and downtown.
*Friendly and helpful from desk staff.
*Free wireless internet in the rooms.
*The walls are pretty thin. We didn't get a good sleep our first night because we could hear everything - the people in the rooms on either side of us (they weren't being loud, just speaking in normal voices), people in the hall, people in the parking lot, plumbing, cars, etc. After that night we bought ourselves some earplugs and we were fine.
*The rooms are showing their age. It didn't bug me too much, but I can see that some others might be bothered by the "age spots" on the walls in the bathroom and the overall "retro" look of the rooms.
I would stay here again. I thought it was fine for what it was...just a place to stay. Don't go expecting luxury. :-)
Top Local Tips for Santa Barbara
Shopping We walked around State Street (downtown), and parking was best in the very inexpensive parking garages, underground, so your car stays cool, and there are lots of outdoor restaurants to eat and people-watch
For a great dinner If you are ready for a really great dinner go to Ruth Chris on La Cumbre, next to Macy's. It may be a little expensive, but worth it.
Sportfish on the Stardust If you like ocean fishing, you will love the Stardust
Other names for Ramada Limited Hotel
- santa barbara ramada
- ramada santa barbara
- Address: 4770 Calle Real - Santa Barbara - California - 93110 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Ramada Limited Hotel
- Extended StayAmerica Santa Barbara Calle Real Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Pacifica Suites Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
- Best Western Pepper Tree Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
- The Sandman Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
- Best Western Encina Lodge and Suites Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
- Secret Garden Inn & Cottages Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
- Bath Street Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 7 km / 4.4 mi
- El Prado Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 7.3 km / 4.6 mi
- Simpson House Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 7.5 km / 4.7 mi
- The Upham Hotel and Garden Cottages Santa Barbara, California Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Tiffany Country House Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 7.6 km / 4.7 mi
- Canary Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 8.3 km / 5.1 mi
- Inn of the Spanish Garden Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 8.5 km / 5.3 mi
- Hotel Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, California Distance: 8.9 km / 5.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Santa Barbara, California Distance: 9 km / 5.6 mi