Inn By The Harbor Hotel, Santa Barbara
Reviews - Inn By The Harbor Hotel
Read 184 additional reviews of Inn By The Harbor Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Barbara
Historical Traveller Reviews of Inn By The Harbor Hotel
Our New Home Away From Home!from suntraveler
The room had two queen beds, balcony, as well as a full kitchen (with microwave, utensils, plates, etc.,!). We brought an aero bed for the fifth gal and felt a bit guilty about "sneaking" someone in... no worries! After the second night, housekeeping began leaving FIVE towels rather than four. The rooms were super clean and the entire staff very friendly. The free continental breakfast in the morning consisted of bagels, cereal, fruit, pastries, orange juice and the basic tea and coffee in addition to afternoon wine and cheese as well as milk and cookies in the evening!
They have a small and well-kept pool with very comfortable lounge chairs to sunbathe. The lobby has free internet access for guests and an abundance of maps for those (like us) interested in the area's wineries. The hotel is also tucked right off the freeway!
It's a short three blocks to State Street where all the cute shops and night life clubs and bars are located and a short two to three blocks to the beach. You'll see lots of the expensive hotels along the beach and wonder how anyone can pay hundreds of dollars more when they could simply walk a couple of blocks?
Great Place 3 Blocks from the Beachfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Good Valuefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The continental breakfast is included in the room rate and was satisfactory and convenient.
I was especially grateful to the gentleman on duty the Sunday I checked out.I had tire problems and he knew what facility was open,called for me and showed me exactly how to get there.The location isn`t the most aesthetic but the rest of the city makes up for it.I would book there again.
Ok, but not greatfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Enjoyed our stayfrom BunB
Quite nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
It was a very nice room, and very comfortable (especially after being in a youth hostel for a few weeks) and very clean. And a very quiet location too. The complimentary continental breakfast was yummy, and a lot more choice than I expected. I didn't use the pool, but it looked nice. The staff were friendly, and the maintenance man was very helpful when I thought my shower was broken - it wasn't! That was a bit embarrassing! Very pleasant stay anyway.
comfortable and cleanfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The beds and furniture are not as comfortable as a top notch hotel, but the trade off is price. We asked for the special price advertised on the Amtrak web site and got a nice room with a queen bed for $132 on a Saturday night - great price for a clean & very convenient SB hotel.
Very friendly staff. As it turned out our Sunday return train was cancelled due to the fires in Simi Valley, and we stayed one additional night. They gave us an even larger room for a great accomodation price (the hotel was nearly empty on a Sunday night). They offer a cont'l bkfst each morning, wine & crackers in the late afternoon, and cookies in the early eve. We travel alot and usually stay in 4 star or better properties. Considering the very reasonable price and great location, cleanliness and service, we would very strongly recommend the Inn by the Harbor.
Nice for familiesfrom meo
The cont breakfast was fine and there is wine and cheese served in the afternoon and cookies and milk in the evening. It's great for a family vacation on a budget, but not for a romantic getaway. The plumbing was a bit noisy especially from the other adjacent rooms and the location is next to a busy highway. It was a good stay overall.
Inn definitely not by the harbor...from A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for Santa Barbara
great hikes and swims Take a hike up to Inspiration point for a fabulous view of the whole coastal area. Swim in the Ocean year round with the Ocean Ducks swim club (they meet Sunday mornings around 9am.
the electric bus is GREAT Use this to get up State Street and then walk back down. It costs all of $0.25.
Places to dine Palazzio's - family portions; tasty pasta. Brophy Bros. - best clam chowder; go during off-peak times since reservations are not allowed. Taj - excellent Indian if you are looking for something different; no lines!
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Inn By The Harbor Hotel
- Brisas del Mar Inn at the Beach Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Colonial Beach Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Avania Inn of Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Montecito del Mar Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Mason Beach Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Franciscan Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Eagle Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Castillo Inn at the Beach Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- West Beach Inn Coast Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Harbor House Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Marina Beach Motel Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Casa Del Mar Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Harbor View Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi