Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia, Santa Barbara
Reviews - Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in Santa Barbara
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia
College Dorm Only Worsefrom JBJ66
Disappointedfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Better Than Expectedfrom azallie
Funky Charm....Be sure to stay in the main buildingfrom travelerx1y2z3
Extra note, we had a pretty good, inexpensive dinner at the Thai restaurant nearby on State Street.
Good, Bad and The Ugly!from kikid
The Bad: Santa Barbara has allowed the "Bum" situation to get out of hand. C'mon people clean up your city! The cigarette smoke was almost unbearable everywhere we walked, for this reason I will never stay in town again! My lungs are still hurting.
The Ugly!! Did I mention cigarette smoke and bums?
Do yourself a favor, save your pocket change, and check-in at San Ysidro Ranch!
Great place in SB!from whodking
The hotel was easy to find and parking was okay. The hotel has a valet, but apparently he was on a lunch break, so we self-parked ($7 per night). No biggie. Location is perfect, only a block to State Street.
The folks at the front desk were really friendly and we were able to check in early. Our room was perfect! It is an old hotel, built about 1916, but is modern. Our room had a brick wall, which was really beautiful and accented the history of the building. The room was extremely clean and well appointed. The bath fixtures were beautiful and the room was decorated perfectly.
The top floor has a nice patio which would be a great place to have a few drinks before bed. The bed was comfortable and the room was plently big.
We took advantage of the continental breakfast. The selection was better than most. Seating is a bit scarce as the breakfast area is a bit small.
The desk clerk told us we would have to remove our vehicle by checkout because of repaving. When we passed by the hotel about six hours after checkout time, there wasn't a sign of paving. Seems to be a motivation to have guests remove their vehicles.
Overall, our stay was very pleasant and we'd stay there again without hesitation.
ve never stayed at a Holiday Inn like itfrom StripeyMiata
We had the same receptionist for check in and check out, he was really friendly and helped us with directions with our hire car; Santa Barbara itself is full of interesting restaurants, bars and shops and is well worth a visit if you are in the area.
Not like a Holiday Innfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The location, as previously reported, couldn't be better.. right in the centre of town. Our room was quiet and comfortable.. the decor was traditional with many of the original features maintained. There was a flatscreen TV with plenty of stations.. nice toileteries in the bathroom ..comfy bed etc. OK the breakfast was typical Holiday Inn stodge but we originally booked for one night and stayed for 3.
A few days later we checked into the Holiday Inn Express in Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco which was a real disappointment in comparison.. the hotel and the location.
very nicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
the room had three windows that overlooked the street so there was a bit of noise at night, but after living in nyc it didnt bother us much. i can see how it might bother people that are used to quiet at night.
the bathroom was updated and the bed was comfortable.
also they have free hi speed wireless internet and free continental breakfast.
ive only been to santa barbara once so i dont have anything to compare it to there , but im sure its one of the best values in the area.
Clean and Nicefrom Pooh1
Top Local Tips for Santa Barbara
For seafood, try out Enterprise If you’re craving seafood, try Enterprise Fish Co. (225 State Street; 805-962-3313). Their fish is extremely fresh, and their sides are delicious (the veggies and fries are equally crisp!). Everything is cooked over a large mesquite grill that you can watch from most of the tables in the restaurant.
dinner We strolled through the town and had dinner at Downey's, the best rated restaurant in Santa Barbara. Although the dinner was good, we wouldn't rate it 28 (Zagat score), it's more like 24-26. We passed by Arigato Sushi and it was packed on a Tuesday night.
Don't Miss A short walk to the SB Courthouse...The view from the tower is exceptioonal. The building is a working courthouse but it is also a cultural must see. Next door is the Library which house the Faulkner Gallery. It's free and features local artists some being quite good. As you stroll around town there are numerous gardens and parks. Take your time and walk a few blocks off the main drag you'll be rewarded. Don't miss the harbor.
Other names for Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia
- santa barbara hotels
- santa barbara hotel
- santa barbara holiday inn
- hotels santa barbara ca
- hotels santa barbara
- holiday inn santa barbara
- holiday inn express santa barbara
- Address: 17 W Haley St - Santa Barbara - California - 93101 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia
- Hotel Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Montecito del Mar Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Eagle Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Harbor View Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Brisas del Mar Inn at the Beach Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Colonial Beach Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Harbor House Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Franciscan Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Mason Beach Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Inn By The Harbor Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Avania Inn of Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Canary Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Marina Beach Motel Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Casa Del Mar Inn Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- West Beach Inn Coast Hotel Santa Barbara, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi