Hotel Montgomery, San Jose
Reviews - Hotel Montgomery
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Special Interest/Event
Read 162 additional reviews of Hotel Montgomery at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Jose
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Montgomery
Upscale Campy!from A TripAdvisor Member
The fitness center is a bit utilitarian with just hand weights, an eliptical machine and treadmill. However it was well stocked with towels, water and headphones for the flat screen tvs.
Things I liked... bathrobes in the room. Aveda products, cotton swabs and cotton balls in the bathroom. Egyptian cotton sheets on very comfortable beds. Free internet access. The staff was all extremely professional and warm. Radio / CD player on the desk. Mini-bar. Plus the location is great if you need to stay in the heart of the city. It's walking distance to parks, museums, restaurants, and office buildings.
Things I didn't like... the powdery airfreshener smell in the room was a bit cloying (however I'm allergic to chemicals so my sense of smell is hyperactive).
I would stay there again.
Awful!!!!from A TripAdvisor Member
I feel bad that this traveler feels we “bait and switched” them and had we done a better job of explaining the circumstances when the guest called we could have avoided the ill feelings. I will be working with the team to show how important it is to help manage expectations at all times.
Great Modern Stylefrom easton1
Wonderful experiencefrom mom_of_ashopper
Very nice hotelfrom alolewis
They overcharged me $30 to be able to get 2 beds once I got there!from A TripAdvisor Member
Cool and convenientfrom BayBoyHDG
We took our chances and booked through Hotwire. Paid $149 for a Sunday night. All in all, I would stay here again.
Loved the fact that they had a Mac and a PC in their business center - no charge for either. They also had free internet service in the rooms.
A Hip Hotel for Grownupsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
I stayed in a king deluxe, the cheapest room type, which was a bit small--though it did have a writing desk. One can't expect an upgrade, but I thought they might do it since the hotel wasn't very full. The restaurant/bar (Paragon) was pleasant, but not crazily noisy or overrun with teenagers, as it was at the Hotel Valencia (which was straining much harder for coolness).
The Downtown San Jose location is good--I was two blocks from the play I saw at the San Jose Repertory Theatre. It's an easy walk to several museums, a bunch of restaurants etc. I found staff attitudes to be fine--not obsequious, but perfectly friendly. The breakfast was pretty minimal, as is so often the case. One equipment problem--there was a fine sounding radio in the room, complete with a remote control, but it was weak in pulling in stations (e.g. from San Francisco).
I'd rank the Montgomery with De Anza and the Marriott as good places to stay in Downtown San Jose.
Terrible Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
In sum, I understand that we fell well short of expecatations and sincerely apologize for the frustration we have caused this guest. I only regret that I was not allowed the opportunity to try and make this right. I can only hope that the author of this review will read my response and contact me directly so that we can try to recover from not meeting expectations.
Great Stay at the Hotel Montgomery!!from centerstripe
The hotel is decorated in contemporary style, and has a cool vibe to it. The room is a little on the small side, but we didn’t feel too cramped. The bed was very comfortable. The amenities in the room are wonderful, from the robes to the toiletries. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
We would definitely stay at the Hotel Montgomery again.
Just as an FYI, the cab ride from the airport to the hotel takes about 10 minutes and costs about $20 each way. Next time, we would either consider renting a car or taking the light rail from the airport.
Top Local Tips for San Jose
Don't get here on holidays It's purely a place to stay for business. There's some nightlife etc but generally at night it's deserted.
Parking after 6 is free in downtown lots... ...so consider using one rather than the hotel valet.
Great shopping nearby Downtown San Jose does not have a lot of shopping but there is great shopping nearby. Go to Santana Row which has high-end and upscale stores. Santana Row is an open-air mixed use commercial lot with retail and restaurants. It has great restaurants like California Cafe, Blowfish Sushi, Left Bank...and some others that are more budget-minded for the whole family like Chili's and Pasta Pomodoro. There always seems to be lots of people milling around. Directly across the street is Valley Fair Mall. You can actually just walk there from Santana Row. It's got Nordstrom's, Macy's, and some nice stores, like Banana Republic, Guess, Talbot's, Ann Taylor,etc.
Other names for Hotel Montgomery
- montgomery san jose
- montgomery hotel san jose
- Address: 211 South First Street - San Jose - California - 95113 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Montgomery
- The Fairmont San Jose Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Sainte Claire Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- San Jose Marriott Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Crowne Plaza San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hilton San Jose Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Hotel DeAnza San Jose, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Arena Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 1.6 km / 1 mi
- Howard Johnson Express Inn Downtown Convention Center Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
- Motel 6 San Jose Convention Center Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 2 km / 1.3 mi
- Vagabond Inn San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
- Comfort Inn San Jose Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
- Super 8 Motel San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 3.2 km / 2 mi
- Wyndham San Jose Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Holiday Inn Express San Jose International Airport Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
- Best Western Airport Plaza Hotel San Jose, California Distance: 3.9 km / 2.4 mi