Washington Square Inn Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Washington Square Inn Hotel
Read 181 additional reviews of Washington Square Inn Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Washington Square Inn Hotel
Super hotel and excellent restaurants just outside the front doorfrom TirzahRuth
Beautiful hotel, perfect locationfrom sbaron
Cute hotel in cute neighborhoodfrom snufericious
Firstly, it is the cutest neighborhood ever! Lots of great eats round the corner... Ideale's for seafood risotto and The House for their unagi sandwich. :) And some of the cutest stores too... Annabella's, Ooma's, Ethan's,...
The property itself was extremely cute and I felt like I was in Europe. Staff was extremely attentive to detail and I loved the european decor. I stayed in room #4 which was tiny by american standards but still very cute. The street noise wasnt bad at all. The 2nd night I moved to their room#7 for the suite and this suite is gorgeous! There's a little sitting area that looks right out into washington square with the magnificent church as the backdrop. I had breakfast there this morning and wow, what an experience. BUT, if like sleeping-in and are a light sleeper, this may not be a place for you. Street noise was definitely louder at room #7 and I woke up to the sound of garbage trucks. Not a problem for me since i"m an early riser.
Breakfast was basic... european so dont expect eggs and sausage. Still, I felt it was fresh and delicious.
I'm not sure I would stay here on my own budget since it was pricey but would definitely stay there for a work trip again. Location is perfect - 20 mins walk to union square or hop on the #45 bus.
Breakfast is served in the lobby at a very large dining table overlooking the Washington Square. Can't complain about the variety and service it was fabulous. Great to watch the chinese do their tai chi here each morning. Coffee & biscuits are available in the lobby all day and the wine & cheese in the late afternoon was excellent. A great chance to chat to fellow travellers from around the world. The wines were excellent.
The Inn is a great location from Fishermans Wharf and many great restaurants within easy walk. To sum it up this was an excellent choice having the park opposite is a great haven from the hustle & bustle of San Francisco. Could not have asked for more friendly & helpful hotel staff. Be sure to experience "Mamas" Restaurant opposite for great food & service. People line up here from early morning for their famous breakfasts. We loved San Francisco and Washington Square Inn!
Home away from homefrom mumford712
The staff is courteous and professional but not obtrusive. The food is excellent and the afternoon wine & cheese is presented with artistic care. Guests can gather in the lobby and enjoy quiet conversation or can get lost in a good book.
Pier 39 and the Wharf attractions are a short walk to the north and the Coit Tower is just above the Inn atop Telegraph Hill. Two of the best San Francisco resataurants are within a block of the Inn (North Beach Restaurant and the Washington Square Bar & Grill). It is facinating watching local residents gather in the Square for morning Tai Chi exercises.
We look forward to our next trip to San Francisco so we can again delight in the experience that is the Washington Square Inn.
We highly recommend the Inn to those looking for something different than the typical sterile hotel! We loved it!
Great Hotelfrom Chrisww
Great weekend in San Franciscofrom jcjohn
The staff at the Inn did a great job catering to our needs. We got in after the wine and food was over but we snagged a quick plate and two glasses of wine. Saturday afternoon wine and cheese was very relaxing with alot of great people visiting about their weekend. The breakfasts are always good with fresh fruit and bagels wotj lox and cream cheese that we look forward to weeks in advance. We stayed in #2 which faces the central courtyard but is quiet and has good ventilation. We had a minor problem with the hair dryer which was fixed within the hour. Everything was great.
A great weekend with beautiful weather, great food and a wonderful place to stay.
Jack and Carol
Beautiful innfrom collinsclanny
Excellent value and atmospherefrom fw
The BEST Hotel experience in The City!from kka
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
North Beach neiborhood Wonderful area of town with beautiful sceanry, restaurants and shopping in the neighborhood are worth checking out!!!
Alcatraz - Day or Night We did the day tour, but I inquired about the differences between the tours. Since the night tour is only one group, the Alcatraz hospital is open for 1/2 hour during the tour and also, the cell doors are operated for you. There's actually one more thing but I can't remember what it is. The day tour was great, but if we return I'd probably go for the night tour. If I had it to do all over again, I'd choose the night tour (mostly because the hospital fascinated me).
Be ready for chilly weather San Francisco is very rarely warm. Be ready for chilly wind and fog. Dress in layers!
Other names for Washington Square Inn Hotel
- washington square san francisco
- the washington square inn san francisco
- Address: 1660 Stockton St - San Francisco - California - 94133 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Washington Square Inn Hotel
- Royal Pacific Motor Inn Motel Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- SW Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- San Remo Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Sheraton Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Radisson Hotel Fishermans Wharf San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- The Wharf Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Hilton San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Club Quarters in San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi