Serrano Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Serrano Hotel
Read 723 additional reviews of Serrano Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Serrano Hotel
Very Chic and Awesome! Full of City Flavor!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Nicely decorated but small roomsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Nice Hotel, Okay location...from citychicky
The location of the hotel is okay for daytime sightseeing - you can walk to the cable cars and downtown shopping. Night time is slightly different. The restaurant attached to the hotel seemed somewhat pricey and there are few options to walk to. If you go in one direction (east I think?) it starts to get a little seedy. That said, we found a perfectly reasonable irish style pub a few blocks away for drinks one night, that was great. Overall, I liked this hotel. Sure the rooms arent extra large but I would rather have quality over quantity any day. I would defintely stay here or in a sister hotel again.
I loved the Serranofrom lyssa123
We stayed at the Serrano Hotel. It was lovely, clean, quiet, and very centrally located. We were two blocks from the Powell Street Trolley and Union Square. It was an easy walk to all the Galleries and shopping, plus very easy to get to Market and catch every imaginable street car, bus or light rail available in SF. The staff was lovely, friendly and knowledgeable. I would definately visit the Serrano again!
Great Staff and Locationfrom 3dogs
The doormen, concierge and desk staff knew our names and greeted us each time we passed through the lobby. We especially enjoyed the wine hour and the lobby was very cozy. The rooms and bathrooms are small but adequate and the location is perfect. We got a great price on-line. We will definitely return to this hotel when we're back in San Francisco.
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The hotel was beautiful and the room was a good size. I do a lot of traveling and this was by far one of the easiest places to deal with.
The staff was very attentive, friendly and even remembered our names.
We were allowed to see the rooms before check-in and choose the one that we liked the most. They really wanted to make our stay a good one and I appreciate that. It's nice when people actually care about doing their job well.
Loved the Serranofrom MexJane
Overall a good hotel!from A TripAdvisor Member
Luckily for us, on the second day we were upgraded to a 3 room suite that had a bathroom the size of our first room. All this for only $50 total for the rest of the stay. That was a great room! The staff was very helpful and pleasant. I don't think I would stay there again unless I could get the suite for a good price, only because there a similarly priced hotels closer to Union Square.
A wonderful stayfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room was probably average-sized for SF (a nice way of saying it was "cozy", i.e. "small"), with nice linens, towels and Aveda soaps, etc.
My only complaint would be that the water pressure in the shower was too high, but that at least beats the alternative.
The hotel is on a corner about 2 blocks west (I think) from Union Square, so the neighborhood isn't as nice as the east side, or certainly Nob Hill, but as long as you head toward Union Square, there's nothing to be afraid of. Lots of restaurants nearby, of course, and the downtown-cum-mall environment surrounding the square made it feel safe after dark, too.
All in all, a great stay.
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Very close by Just down the street in the Mark Twain hotel is the Field and Farm restaurant. Excellent foomd, fun service and while a tad pricey well worth it. It is hard to get a reservation but it you are alone or just with a friend, the lounge is fun and friendly and has the same food
Parking is outragous Valet Parking is $44 a night. Across the street it is $25 a night and up the street it is $18 a night. Park your car and leave you don't need or want it in the city.
NO CAR NECESSARY Get a city pass for anyone over 5 years of age, and you won't have to worry about transportation or paying for museums/attractions all week...way easier than a rental car, especially with the cost of parking and all those crazy hills. It was a little fussy to get the fold-up strollers on and off buses and streetcars, but well-worth it to bring them...this city will wear your kids out!
Other names for Serrano Hotel
- serrano hotel san francisco
- serrano hotel
- kimpton san francisco
- Address: 405 Taylor Street - San Francisco - California - 94102 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Serrano Hotel
- Hotel Monaco San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Clift Ian Schrager Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Hotel Mark Twain San Francisco San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- The Touchstone Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Warwick San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Adagio San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hilton San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Layne Hotel San Francisco San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western The Hotel California San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Diva San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Union Square Plaza Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Adante Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Dakota Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Andrews Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Prescott Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi