Queen Anne Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Queen Anne Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Mature Couple
Read 273 additional reviews of Queen Anne Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Queen Anne Hotel
Queen Anne Lives Up to Expectationsfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Elegant Hotel with great servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Lovely Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The staff was very nice and always helpful. I used the courtesy car every morning to get downtown, it was a nice departure from mass transit. In the evening after sightseeing and dinner, it was easy to catch a Bus #2,3, or 4 at any time of night/early morning. The bus stop is right across the street from hotel.
The hotel is located in a very clean and lovely area of SF. I wasn't afraid to walk alone day or night.
Also, there is a nice liquor/convenience store across the street to pick up soda or snacks.
To my disappointment, I did not encounter any supernatural events!
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. You must keep in mind that this is a quaint hotel with limited services, but the atmosphere is wonderfully old-fashioned and relaxed.
I LOVE IT!from A TripAdvisor Member
WONDERFUL VICTORIAN HOTEL, QUIET LOCATIONfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We were a little disappointed in that we were originally promised a corner room at the time we booked our reservation, which was switched to a regular room by the time we checked in (15 minutes before check-in time), but the substitute room was very nice & quiet.
Well, quiet until we went to bed at night, then we were somewhat frightened when awakened by noises (sounded like furniture moving and footsteps) coming from above us (we were on the top floor!!) Oh, and the bed started vibrating. Spooky!!!!! The staff was unable to explain the noises we heard through the night, and our only conclusion was that indeed this hotel is haunted. From what I've read on the internet, the only haunted room in this hotel is supposed to be the Mary Lake Suite, which is room 410, but we were across the hall and there was very definately a force at work there too!!
The only other disappointment was the $14 parking, altho a good bargain in San Francisco, it was not guaranteed, and by the time we returned from dinner, there were no spaces left. We were able to find street parking a half block away and the hotel removed the $14 parking fee.
We had agreed that we'd definately book here again, but after the scary experience with the bed and the noises, we think next time we'll go elsewhere. Too bad, as we really did love the hotel other than that.
Great value, great stayfrom sophie fishing
bags of characterfrom JuliePoolie
Very Memorablefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Almost too good to be truefrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great hotel during the Christmas holidaysfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Muni Pass Buy a Muni Pass for the Duration of your stay, You can then travel on all Muni networks, INCLUDING the CABLE CARS, this is noramlly $5 for a one way trip!, so you really make a great saving there, and it is a really good network, taking you to all the "tourist" destinations
Town-car service Definitely utilize the town-car drop off service. The driver, Henry, is a bit old, but he was an excellent driver, and knows so much about the city, he can definitely help those unsure of what to do. Just remember to sign up the day/night before.
Local secrets San Francisco is among the great tourist cities of the world. the city itself is loaded with things to see and do, but some of the best activities are seen on short day trips or half-day trips from the city. A favorite stop for us are the Marin Headlands, immediately across the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco. On the way out of town, drive through the Presidio. There are several of the best views of the city and the bay as well as great hiking and biking trails. Once across the bridge take the first exit and go through the tunnel to the Headlands. Don't miss locations include the Marine Mammal Rescue Center and the lighthouse. Also, always, always, bring a sweater or light jacket. the weather is highly variable even on the warmest days, and seaside chilly most days.
Other names for Queen Anne Hotel
- queen anne san francisco
- queen anne hotel
- Address: 1590 Sutter Street - San Francisco - California - 94109 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Queen Anne Hotel
- Hotel Majestic San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Miyako Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- The Opal San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Jackson Court Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Nob Hill Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- The Steinhart Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Hotel Vertigo San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Nob Hill Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Broadway Manor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Inn at the Opera Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi