Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel
Reviews - Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel
Read 717 additional reviews of Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel
t Be Betterfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!from A TripAdvisor Member
Great Stayfrom AC2006
Gem of a Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great Hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
We didn't dine in the hotel, but the concierge was excellent at making suggestions & confirming reservations. Little Italy is just a short walk, and for the more active, the Wharf is manageable as well. We'll definitely be back ... great location, great hotel & great prices if Travelzoo has a special.
Great experience at Le Meridien!from Porpoise
I got a great deal on the hotel through Hotwire. Count yourself extremely lucky if you land something similar. But given my excellent experience, if I were travelling to SF again, I'd try to stretch my budget to make sure I could return here.
Excellent service and comfortable, but nothing special...from neilmadhvani
In addition, there's no swimming pool - that's quite surprising for a 5* hotel. Even at the corporate rate that I paid at this hotel ($235+tax) I don't feel that this represents very good value for money. The week before I stayed at the Hilton Hotel & Towers on O'Farrell St, which I booked myself via Hotwire at $145+tax, and I thought the Hilton was considerably better, especially in terms of the interior of the room.
In terms of location, this hotel is ideal if you need to be in the Financial District (it's right next to the Embarcadero Center), but not so well suited for access to other areas. If visiting San Francisco on holiday, I'd recommend staying further west towards Union Square.
This hotel definitely has a lot of potential, particularly due to the wonderful staff who work there. I hope that Le Meridien will carry out some well-needed improvements to make this a first-rate place to stay in San Francisco.
impeccable service, beautiful viewsfrom drummerliz
The room service food is very good, however the menu is limited, could use some more choices. It's served perfectly, with all the little touches. Turndown service is excellent and the staff is really there to meet and exceed your expectations. The location is quiet at night and close to north beach, chinatown, ferry building, california street cable car, and union square. The bathroom was huge and gorgeous. You can't go wrong here.
Still a great hotelfrom Mblaca
Great hotel in need of renovation, not worth the current rates.from klarkent
The rooms are on the dark side, the one that face the city can be dark to gloomy with little or no sunlight. Bay view rooms have wonderful bay views and are much brighter. The decor in the room are on the dark side as well. Hyatt had replaced the carpet, wall paper and added new beds, but the rest of the furnishings are over 20 years old and its shows. The marble bathrooms are luxuious with nice amenities. The lobby bar and lobby need to be renovated, most of the 20 year old furniture shows it age. There is no pool, spa, jacuzzi, or even a restroom near the small gym. Most of the photos you see on the hotel web site are of the newly renovated penthouse suite not the guest rooms.
This is a nice place to stay if you recieve the upgrades and services I get as a frenquent guest. But for the current rates I see posted I would stay some place else. There are several newer or renovated hotels in the city that offer more modern facilities, and services. Most of these hotels are around the same price range or are worth the extra buck. Le Merdian needs to do some major renovation to this property if it expects to keep offering the current high rates. Just a name change alone do not merrit an increase in rates, it's still the same old hotel in need of a face lift.
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Take time to really walk along the newly refurbished waterfront-it is amazing The waterfront has benn wonderfully refurbished and is a great place to take a walk.The Ferry building is a food lovers dream and I highly suggest a "Movable feast"dinner sampling different specialities from the various stalls.
For steaks, go to Houston's Houston's is a great restaurant in San Francisco. It's got a great range of steaks and it's rib's are to die for. The desserts are great too. It's not as pricey as Morton's, but the food is better and the vibe a bit more relaxed.
public parking $32 per day I did not utilize Le Meridien's parking valet. The public parking garage 1 block down the street charges only $32 per day.
Other names for Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel
- san francisco le meridien
- park hyatt san francisco
- meridien san francisco
- le meridien san francisco
- Address: 333 Battery Street - San Francisco - California - 94111 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Le Meridien San Francisco Hotel
- Club Quarters in San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Omni San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Hotel Triton San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Ritz Carlton San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- SW Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Baldwin Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Royal Pacific Motor Inn Motel Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- The Palace Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Griffon San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Harbour Court Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Allison Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Executive Hotel Vintage Court San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi