Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Relaxation Seeker
Read 691 additional reviews of Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel
s Complaints.......I loved it!!from Virginislandchick
We were pleased with the attentiveness and friendliness of the hotel staff! The gentlemen working valet were exceptionally quick and very friendly.
The only drawback to the room was the air conditioning. I wasn't comfortable sleeping with the window open and the a/c never cooled below 72 degrees. I didn't complain about the issue though so the hotel was aware...perhaps it was just our room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf area. It is centrally located to just about everything that you would want to see.
OK...from A TripAdvisor Member
The Valet/Bellservice was very prompt and accommodating, the Front Desk and Concierege Service was average at best. Even basic directions seemed to stump the PM Desk Clerk. (however they did smile and greet guests warmly on most of our comings and goings.)
My biggest warning would be the restaurant, Knuckles. WOW what a pitiful excuse for a Hotel F&B Outlet! There was never a Host at the door to seat patrons, food servers had to notice a new table that needed service (which rarely happened) and the food was mediocore at best. We finally stopped using the facility after walking out on the 4th time we tried to have breakfast. No one will allow you to order off the menu since they pour coffee and walk away. The Buffet is your only option according to the Service Staff by their actions. As East Coaters, we were up by 7 am everyday, and they just couldn't accommodate guests/get it together that early. There was never a HOST or MANAGER in the Restaurant during any of our visits. I guess Hyatt is OK with Auto piloted restaurants. At an average 2 person breakfast at over $30, this doesn't fly with us.
If I had it to do over again, I would have paid $20 more per night and stayed at the Marriott 2 blocks down. We had a few meals there, it it seemed much more "managed" than the Hyatt.
Just thought any traveler considering a vacation on the Wharf should know... Happy Travels :-)
If it helps, we are a DINK couple in our Mid 30's...
t Stay Herefrom fanelli
Staff tried but not much you can do when the rooms are run down and dirty. In my opinion, this property gives Hyatt a bad name.
very disappointingfrom kazpalms
Good location and Servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
The rooms are not huge, but OK for two people. I would stay there again.
Stay away from the streetfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not worth the price...from gohcp
The bath room lack of many standart stuff, so you must bring along with your shower cap. I wish for a bigger room and free use of internet, you have to pay for $10 per day for wifi usage (still with some problem sending email).
I will personally feels that this is not a good place to stay, price is higher for this big name but you are getting much different.
So Sofrom A TripAdvisor Member
Great location, nice hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The front desk staff were great. They gave us tips on what to see and do.
We got a great price on this hotel through priceline ($60/night) and we were treated just like everyone else. I was very pleased and would stay here again. You're close enough to the Wharf to see everything, but it's easy to get to anywhere in the city from the Hyatt's location.
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Had a great dinner at Fino Fino is a great restaurant at a reasonable price - located on Cosmo Alley.
Alcatraz Island The boat trip to Alcatraz Island was scenic but was disappointed with the condition of buildings on Alcatraz Island. Very crowded on Alcatraz even during off season.
Cable Cars - don't wait at the stops If you want to ride the cable car from end to end, you usually have to wait in a sizeable queue. If you are a little smarter about it, you can go one or two stops up the line and hop on instead of waiting for the long lines. Also, there are several cable car lines if you are looking just to have an experience, avoid some of the more popular cable car lines and look for ones that might not hit the beaten paths.
Other names for Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- san francisco hyatt
- hyatt san francisco
- hyatt fishermans wharf
- fishermans wharf hotel
- Address: 555 North Point St - San Francisco - California - 94133 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hyatt at Fishermans Wharf Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California
- Hilton San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Best Western Tuscan Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Sheraton Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- The Wharf Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Courtyard San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- San Remo Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Radisson Hotel Fishermans Wharf San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Suites at Fisherman's Wharf Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Argonaut Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Washington Square Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn By the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Travelodge by the Bay Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi