Hotel Kabuki, San Francisco
Reviews - Hotel Kabuki
- Age Group: 31 - 40
- From: United States
- Traveller type: Young Couple
- Age Group: 51 - 60
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Special Interest/Event
Read 558 additional reviews of Hotel Kabuki at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Hotel Kabuki
Weekend Getawayfrom YoshikoSacramento
Zen-like stayfrom CarmelCoasttraveler
A Nice Hotelfrom TravellerC
parked in the Japan Center Garage which has an entrance to the hotel. The cost was $15 for an 8-24 hour period. Which is not bad for SF. We chose to park here instead of trying the hotel parking after reading reviews. We saved ourselves time and frustation as the hotel parking lot is truly a small parking lot (appx. 20 cars).
Check-in was smooth and quick. We even received a complimentary room upgrade. The recent renovation could be seen throughout the hotel. The
lobby was beautiful and the room was great. The Japanese motif throughout the hotel has a very calming effect.
After checking in we headed out to find the venue and some dinner. The
Fillmore is about 5 blocks away. We were very comfortable walking around the area. We ate a Korean restaurant nearby the venue. It was quite good (but I've forgotten the name). We had time after dinner to walk around before the start of the show. There is a little mall near the hotel which has quite a few restaurants in it. We were disappointed we didn't think of walking through there first as there were quite a few restaurants we were interested in eating at.
The bed was extremely comfortable. So much so that I didn't want to get up in the morning. And the bath/shower was wonderful. We received complimentary passes to the public bath but were unable to use them since we were only there for the night. Hopefully next time. We had an ejoyable stay and look forward to staying there again.
Peaceful Oasisfrom curlytop990
Renovated Blissfrom GochisoGourmet
Patience rewarded with a serene performancefrom Beryl_Markham
The next morning I called the front desk and we were given the room we had originally reserved with no fuss. THAT room was fantastic, completely renovated in beautiful, soothing colors and relaxing textures. We had a view to the east looking at downtown SF. It was a very comfortable and elegant room, full of special touches, such as an obi decorating the top of the bed covers, Japanese pottery and sliding screens decorated with a Japanese Lord and Lady.
The Japan Town neighborhood is lively and full of wonderful places to eat, fun shopping at Ichi Ban Kan (the Japanese dollar store) and other more traditional Asian stores in the center. It is also within walking distance of the Filmore shopping district with again, great eating, drinking and fun shops to explore. This is a great alternative to the noise and bustle of Union Square. Discover a different San Francisco neighborhood!
Comfortable stay, nice amenities at the Hotel Kabukifrom hola_y_saludos
The bed was comfortable with soft pillows, and a nice treat was the japanese style bath with deep soaking tub.
I was there for a conference, the conference facilities were nice, as was the catering. I especially appreciated the free wireless internet access and the business center.
Wonderful hotel!from HoosierProf
problematic stay!from wstmark
Great Hotelfrom Texican56
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Tour San Francisco by Segway! For something a little different, consider the evening Segway tour! A thouroughly enjoyable 2+ hours! We had never been on a Segway before...but these people get you trained and confident before hitting the streets. Their Web site is: http://www.electrictourcompany.com/index.html
A perfect tour for teens We wanted to do a tour of San Francisco that our 15 year old son would also enjoy. We signed up for the SF Electric Company's Segway Tour. It was the best part of our son's trip! He loved the Segways and immediately was proficient (and in less than 15 minutes of practice, so were his two parents). The orientation and safety training was much easier than we thought, and we were soon following our guide out on the waterfront. Although you don't see as much of the city as you would on other tours (the Segway's top speed is 8 MPH), it is an experience all in itself. I am sure we are in dozens of other tourists' photos - so many people took pictures of us on the Segways and even ran along side of us to ask questions. (We took public transit all over the city the rest of our visit, so felt like we "toured" anyway).
Bring a sweater or fleece Always bring a pull-over, jacket, or something to keep you warm. It may be sunny and nice in the afternoon, but most of the time you will need something warm when the fog rolls in around 6:00.
Other names for Hotel Kabuki
- miyako hotel san francisco
- kabuki san francisco
- kabuki hotel san francisco
- hotel kabuki san francisco
- hotel kabuki
- Address: 1625 Post Street - San Francisco - California - 94115 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Hotel Kabuki
- Best Western Miyako Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
- Queen Anne Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
- Hotel Majestic San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Opal San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Jackson Court Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Inn at the Opera Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Carlton Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1 km / 0.6 mi
- Nob Hill Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- The Steinhart Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Hotel Vertigo San Francisco, California Distance: 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
- Nob Hill Motor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
- Broadway Manor Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 1.2 km / 0.8 mi