Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel, San Francisco
Reviews - Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel
- Age Group: 18 - 25
- From: United Kingdom
- Traveller type: Adventurer
Read 300 additional reviews of Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel at TripAdvisor.
Want to see more hotels? View all hotels in San Francisco
Historical Traveller Reviews of Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel
Enjoyed staying at this hotelfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Because it had been booked through Air Miles, Id not done any research on it. V easy to get to on BART from the airport. Reception staff upgraded us to the top floor, so room was very spacious and comfy with HUGE bed and I found it extremely quiet so got over the jet lag perfectly. My other half thought the swimming pool was great too - not a common hotel feature in SF.
The location is not the best - homeless people can be a bit scary if youve never encountered them in droves before, but they rarely bother you. However, there are great transport links, and fully recommend Buzz9 opposite on 8th street as somewhere to eat and has a lounge downstairs.
We stayed at Union Square, Nob Hill and Las Vegas during this trip and this was the hotel I enjoyed the most because it was the biggest and the quietest
Worst hotel we experienced this summerfrom Ronald_Goudsmit
- I stayed for 10 minutes on the phone with reception for a complaint and nobody ever answered
- When I asked reception how to go in town without experiencing the many homeless of the main walk, I got the answer that there was no solution whatsoever
- I don't know why but nobody of the staff is EVER smiling in the hotel
- There is no "in room" description of the hotel so I discovered the existing of a fitness room only the last day of my stay
- I left the breakfast with an apple visibly in my hand. I had to pay one dollar for the apple !
I do not recommend anybody to stay in this hotel.
Not bad!from chemicalsuk
There are a lot of homeless around but its the same all over the city and they generally don't bother you. The location is quite good in that you can get the BART or MUNI one stop over to Powell & Market St where the cable cars start their run right thru to Fisherman's wharf. Thats what we did when going out for meals in the evenings. Market St is great for shopping too.
Good value for moneyfrom RobertJE
Average Hotelfrom gabe1217
and homeless people all over the area. We did not venture off at night, we did not feel it was safe.
check in was very slow as every person in the queue ahead of us appeared to have some sort of problem, there were only 2 computers available for checking in and they could surely do with more as check in time is 3pm and everybody arrives at the same time!
hotel room spacious and clean with "interesting"? view of neighbouring hotel and 8th and Market.
many homeless in area which made walking to union cable car quite intimidating but none of these unfortunate people asked more than once before leaving you alone,the city obviously has a serious problem with homeless people estimated at about 12,000 with many suffering mental health problems.
would recommend hotel to friends despite above .
self check out which is a great assistance
d returnfrom A TripAdvisor Member
Not the best room you can getfrom A TripAdvisor Member
The room wasn't renovated yet and it shows particularly in the bathroom. There was some black mold on the ceiling and the paint on the door started to crumble off. Other than that it was clean.
The breakfast buffet was excellent. We've stayed here in the past and you get a discount coupon for your breakfast. The amount has been lowered substantually: in 2003 it was $12 p.p. this year it was $6.20 p.p., which means you have to pay about $13 a day extra (for 2). I thought breakfast was always included in Holiday Inns.
The staff are very friendly however it takes them ages to resond to e-mails. And even when I got a response they forgot to answer half of the questions so I'd have to e-mail them again and wait for another week to get an answer. On my last e-mail I didn't get an answer at all.
It's a great location if you want to explore San Francisco. The F-train and BART stop close by. There are a lot of homeless and beggars around but you can find them throughout the city and even in front of the Hilton.
Poor location..from A TripAdvisor Member
Loved the staff and excellent servicefrom A TripAdvisor Member
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting SF.
Top Local Tips for San Francisco
Skip the car rental, take public transport in SF Public transport in the SF area is a joy, and I'm not talking about the cable cars. BART will take you directly from SFO to downtown. MUNI will take you around the city on underground and above-ground trolleys (some of them antiques from other cities) and buses with frequent and late service. Ferries will take you across the Bay to places like Sausalito and Alcatraz. Compared to other cities, prices are fair and vehicles are clean. If you're only going to be in the city, don't even think about renting a car!
car/no car... san francisco I think in san francisco the best way to get around is there public transport, its cheap... if you hire a car you got the added expence of paying to park your car anywhere, the hotel parking lot you pay, anywhere you visit you pay and the charges are not cheap, so you really need to way things up, I generally think you dont need the car here, as say you would in los angeles. Taxi cabs are reasonable too.
La Traviata La Traviata restaurant on Mission was very good - a family run restaurant with a lot of atmosphere. Photos of famous opera singers on the walls. Opera music. Good Italian food and friendly service. Good place for a family celebration as they can accomodate (with advance notice of course).
Other names for Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel
- san francisco holiday inn
- holiday inn san francisco
- holiday inn civic center san francisco
- Address: 50 Eighth Street - San Francisco - California - 94103 - United States
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
- Loading Image...
Hotels Near Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel
- Hotel Whitcomb San Francisco, California Distance: 0.1 km / 0 mi
- Best Western Carriage Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- The Good Hotel San Francisco San Francisco, California Distance: 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Renoir Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Americania Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Best Western Civic Center Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco (Civic Center) Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Phoenix Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Inn at the Opera Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
- Edwardian San Francisco Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Metropolis San Francisco, California Distance: 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
- Comfort Inn Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Bijou San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
- Hotel Milano San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
- Powell Hotel San Francisco, California Distance: 0.9 km / 0.6 mi